collapse

Sponsor

* Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsor

* Please Register to View and Post

Thanks for visiting Johnny Jungle forums. St. John's 6th Man.

You must register for an account to see community's content. It's FREE.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
In The Jungle... / Re: What I like about the first 3 games
« Last post by Celtics11 on Today at 07:46:32 PM »
Glad to have Marvin Clark on the team, like him as a player.
« Last post by TONYD3 on Today at 06:14:11 PM »
Let'a table the celebration for a week.
Agree. I am very happy. Coach had the boys playing well. 3 big games and a ridiculous scimmage coming .
« Last post by Poison on Today at 06:01:52 PM »

Why you hatin' Marillac?
« Last post by Poison on Today at 06:01:09 PM »
In the last game in particular there were a lot of positives.

- Simon's energy on defense and rebounding were impressive.
- Ponds finds ways to score when his three isn't falling - he's a great scorer
- Yakwe may have found his mojo. Let's hope he has, because we're not dancing without 15/16 Kassoum Yakwe.
- Owens is rebounding and blocking shots
- Could have beaten Nebraska by 45 points if we fouled less and blew fewer lay ups.
« Last post by Marillac on Today at 05:52:11 PM »
« Last post by Amaseinyourface2 on Today at 05:48:48 PM »
I  think your spot on except for Clark. jury's still out.

I'm not sure what's out about him. Skillful versatile big man who can take care of the basketball.
He gets himself into foul trouble. Hasn't been on the court enough to demonstrate the skills and versatility.

Providence has been on TV a few times now, and they are NBA sized. We beat Nebraska because they were bad and we took advantage of that. But Providence, Villanova, Xavier and Seton Hall? That's almost half the Big East schedule where we are waking up sore the next morning.

His first 3 games in over a year of action I'd expect some fouls. I'm not sweating it as I can see the skill and composure beyond the fouls.

We'd be lost without him.
« Last post by Dave on Today at 04:51:28 PM »

I'm not sure what's out about him. Skillful versatile big man who can take care of the basketball.
He gets himself into foul trouble. Hasn't been on the court enough to demonstrate the skills and versatility.

Providence has been on TV a few times now, and they are NBA sized. We beat Nebraska because they were bad and we took advantage of that. But Providence, Villanova, Xavier and Seton Hall? That's almost half the Big East schedule where we are waking up sore the next morning.

His first 3 games in over a year of action I'd expect some fouls. I'm not sweating it as I can see the skill and composure beyond the fouls.
« Last post by ras on Today at 04:44:50 PM »
The defense against Nebraska looked liked night and day compared to last year. Rebounding also improved. Looks like kids are buying into Mullins system and Mullin maybe a better coach than many think. But, can’t get too excited over 1 game. Nexts weeks tourney will tell a lot. I have said previously Simon is the glue guy. Does a lot of things well and is unselfish.
« Last post by Poison on Today at 03:55:05 PM »

To use a sports cliché--Clark is this team's "glue guy".  He does not focus on scoring only the little things so that the team wins.  He is not about self but about team.  What we have not had in a while.

Simon is the glue guy. Not Clark. Clark hasn’t played enough to be a glue guy.
« Last post by Tha Kid on Today at 03:54:38 PM »
If we can stay healthy we will at least be a bubble team. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Support Johnny Jungle

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.