Luther Muhammed-6-4 PG Hudson Catholic, NJ - OHIO ST.

• 331 replies

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
Re: Luther Muhammed-6-4 PG Hudson Catholic, NJ
« Reply #280 on: September 21, 2017, 09:38:25 PM »
@AdamZagoria
2018 @Hudson_Bball SG @LutherMuhammad is expected to choose between Ohio State and Xavier, per his coach.

I don't think Muhammad likes all the info leaking out:

@LutherMuhammad  28m
Replying to @AdamZagoria @Hudson_Bball
Delete this!

It's going to ruin his sweet selection show of what school he will pick.
Cougar O' Malley

NYCoffey

« Reply #281 on: September 21, 2017, 09:46:02 PM »
He's gone...

Where do you think Zach got his scoop from?

Baldi?

« Reply #282 on: September 21, 2017, 10:07:57 PM »
He's gone...

Baldi?

He wishes. Braziller got his scoop from Matt A, who was told yesterday that Luther wasn't even considering St Johns

« Reply #283 on: September 21, 2017, 10:21:44 PM »
He's gone...

Baldi?

He wishes. Braziller got his scoop from Matt A, who was told yesterday that Luther wasn't even considering St Johns

Yeah seriously every Zach scoop is from Matt A

« Reply #284 on: September 21, 2017, 10:26:29 PM »
Luther announced on his twitter he will be committing to Ohio State tomorrow night.

@LutherMuhammad  36m36 minutes ago
 I’ll be committing tomorrow at 8pm! 😉💯

« Reply #285 on: September 21, 2017, 10:38:36 PM »
He's gone...

Baldi?

Why did he wait until 2 days before committing to tell us he was not even considering us after we spent two years recruiting him? We could have moved on sooner and turned our attention elsewhere.

« Reply #286 on: September 21, 2017, 10:46:30 PM »
As we've discussed before, I'm only a few years younger than you.  The first back court I remember well (at a point where I understood the game) was JB and Sprolling.  The EB/Bootsy back court is the best I've seen as a SJU fan.  Lovett/Ponds aren't at that level at this point because of their defensive woes, among other things, but they are IMO the second best I've seen.  When you add a former 5-star recruit in Simon to that mix, I think it is the second best in my fandom.  Disclaimer - I thought Sheed and D-Lo had the potential to be the best, but we all know what happened with Mr. Philadelphia.

"Poached" or not, Lavin lost that job due to his own doing.  Period.  And, like Dink, I was very much a Lavin supporter until his last year.

Disagree that Mullin & staff have done nothing.  They took a step last year.  We have very good talent, especially at the guard/wings, 1-7.  Our back court alone is as talented as it has been since the late 90s.  Ponds was one of the best SJU freshman I can remember; Lovett one of the better first year players I can remember, and we are adding a former 5-star PG from a high major.  That is not "nothing".

Where we agree is that this is a huge year for the program on the court and off.  They need to show marked improvement.

What backcourt from the 90's are we comparing these guys to?

MCNPA

« Reply #287 on: September 21, 2017, 11:48:16 PM »
This one stings quite a bit.  Still a lot gonna happen between now and fall though.  Our chances to add. Top 100 kid aren't looking great right now though.

« Reply #288 on: September 22, 2017, 06:39:33 AM »
We don't have a shot at any top kids unless we kid ourselves thinking Moses Brown is coming or Bol Bol has been keeping us a secret.

Our recruiting @ high school level in future is problematic if staff keeps spending disproportionate time on highly rated kids who are getting courted by programs in different class either by their wins or their location, facilities, campus etc

ras

« Reply #289 on: September 22, 2017, 09:54:26 AM »
We don't have a shot at any top kids unless we kid ourselves thinking Moses Brown is coming or Bol Bol has been keeping us a secret.

Our recruiting @ high school level in future is problematic if staff keeps spending disproportionate time on highly rated kids who are getting courted by programs in different class either by their wins or their location, facilities, campus etc

I've been saying the same thing. 18 was supposed to be a monster class , we ll  be lucky to get one 4 star recruit.  Look at the studs we are going after in 19. Too much effort w too little return on investment  w the 5 stars at this point. Gotta lower the bar a little.  Luther was worth going after, but we lost out. That's why it's important to cast a wider net w the 4 stars and minimize our pursuit of the 5 stars. Furthermore we only have 1 recruiter.

« Reply #290 on: September 22, 2017, 12:46:41 PM »
I hope Dixon and Trimble can carry the load next year, cause that will be our backcourt.

redslope

« Reply #291 on: September 22, 2017, 12:48:08 PM »
I hope Dixon and Trimble can carry the load next year, cause that will be our backcourt.

Don't forget Justin Simon.

« Reply #292 on: September 22, 2017, 01:05:04 PM »

Where are ponds and lovett going?

« Reply #293 on: September 22, 2017, 01:40:54 PM »
Lots of negative stuff being thrown against SJU in this recruitment.

« Reply #294 on: September 22, 2017, 01:59:55 PM »

Let's hear it!

goredmen

« Reply #295 on: September 22, 2017, 02:44:27 PM »

Too bad there's no believable rebuttal

Tha Kid

« Reply #296 on: September 22, 2017, 05:12:43 PM »
Looks like re-upping matt was pretty silly at this point.  Going on two years in a row with minimal impact.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #297 on: September 22, 2017, 05:15:44 PM »

That's a nice backcourt. In the MAAC

Foad

« Reply #298 on: September 22, 2017, 05:44:25 PM »

That's a nice backcourt. In the MAAC

Maybe Grasso'll get on them.

Foad

« Reply #299 on: September 22, 2017, 05:48:33 PM »
Looks like re-upping matt was pretty silly at this point.  Going on two years in a row with minimal impact.

Who recruited Ponds, Lovett, Yawke, Ahmed, Wilson, Brown, Owens, Clark, Simon, Keita, Trimble and Roberts? Tony Chiles?