Scottie Lewis - SF - Ranney School - FLORIDA

• 164 replies
Re: Scottie Lewis - SF - Ranney School
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 03:00:02 PM »
In the hunt for Lewis for sure;
https://twitter.com/adamzagoria/status/875401199264174080
Are you referring to us or Duke as the tweet you cited refers to Duke? Hopefully you meant us.

paultzman

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2017, 03:11:58 PM »
In the hunt for Lewis for sure;
https://twitter.com/adamzagoria/status/875401199264174080
Are you referring to us or Duke as the tweet you cited refers to Duke? Hopefully you meant us.
Correct

paultzman

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 07:37:35 PM »
Pat Lawless @PatLawless_

Florida's Mike White, SJU's Chris Mullin, Maryland's Mark Turgeon & Villanova's Jay Wright have talked to Bryan Antoine and Scottie Lewis.

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2017, 10:28:02 AM »
I think Coach Rice is worth Lewis and Antoine.

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2017, 10:51:35 AM »

His hire, if it should happen, would not be contingent on any recruits nor would it guarantee their signings.  Nor should we care.

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2017, 11:35:04 AM »
More info on SJU reaching out.  Scottie said SJU was first to reach out:

http://elevatehoops.com/portfolio/scottie-lewis-speaks-on-schools-that-have-reached-out-since-june-15-a-possibility-of-a-package-deal/

“The first to contact me was St. John’s,” said Lewis. “The first phone call was Darris Nichols from Florida. Then after that was Louisville (Coach Jordan [Sucher]), Villanova, Mike White from Florida, Duke (Coach [Jon] Scheyer), UConn, and a few others.”

St. John’s reached out to Lewis first and he briefly spoke about what they had to say.

“They texted me,” said Lewis. “They said they can put me in position for me to make it to the next level and basically bring back what St. John’s use to be.”

Marillac

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2017, 05:02:08 PM »

His hire, if it should happen, would not be contingent on any recruits nor would it guarantee their signings.  Nor should we care.

I agree with your first two pints, but the last one is silly.

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2017, 05:40:22 PM »

I agree with your first two pints, but the last one is silly.

Agreed. I'm not sure why we shouldn't care. Us nabbing two top 30 recruits would make for one of our best recruiting classes in the last 10 years.

My comment was in tongue and cheek, we clearly need an experienced assistant coach on the bench who can absolutely take some of the recruiting burden away from Matt A.

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2017, 08:28:19 PM »
If Bryan and Scottie both came to St. John's and roster progressed without turnover I legit think Final Four is a possibility.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2017, 08:36:53 PM »
If Bryan and Scottie both came to St. John's and roster progressed without turnover I legit think Final Four is a possibility.

Those two guys look to be good enough where that's probably the case  wherever they land. So let's make sure it's queens!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2017, 08:43:24 PM »
Signing two five stars would be nice, but I'd only see this having a decent shot at happening if we bring on Rice.  Maybe even then, we'd be lucky to just get one with or without Rice.

I'd just like a roster of 3's & 4's w/ four year potential without turnover and be consistent Top 25 w/ NCAA bids
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 08:44:59 PM by RedStormNC »

goredmen

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2017, 09:51:47 PM »

Not knowing anything, I'd estimate the odds of them both coming and roster progressing without unexpectedly losing an important player have to be about 500/1

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2017, 05:41:17 AM »

Not knowing anything, I'd estimate the odds of them both coming and roster progressing without unexpectedly losing an important player have to be about 500/1

lihoop

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2017, 08:50:36 AM »
we need a couple of solid bigs before we even talk about Final Four possibilities

MCNPA

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2017, 10:29:24 AM »
we need a couple of solid bigs before we even talk about Final Four possibilities

Well we have Sedee Keita coming in who looks like he has some upside and potential.  Could definitely use at least one or two more moving forward.

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2017, 10:38:54 AM »

I'd run with Sid Wilson, Keita, and Little to start. Sure another body or 2 would be added to that too.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2017, 03:41:51 PM »
Right now I think SJU is right there with Florida.

It is well known that Brian Klatsky is a Florida grad and a huge fan of the Gators

Marillac

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2017, 07:19:28 PM »

I'd run with Sid Wilson, Keita, and Little to start. Sure another body or 2 would be added to that too.

If you added those two with Ponds, Simon, Dixon,  Sid and Keita you wouldn't need much of big man to make a big run. Just someone who could hold their own .
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 07:21:35 PM by Marillac »