Coaching staff.. What needs to happen?

• 163 replies

TheVig

Re: Coaching staff.. What needs to happen?
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 07:47:16 AM »
He needs to walk away sooner than later for the sake of the program. There's talent signed up for the next couple years. Can't have him pull a Lavin and leave 3-4 years from now with no players

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2016, 08:30:25 AM »
Who tells you he is not working hard enough - Slice the man who did nothing or Jeff Goodman who hates Chris

Name your sources it is easy to say things without any proof and other people believe it because it is coming from you
Let the season play out and see what happens before you through these guys under the bus.
You seem to have some grudge against Matt and Mitch
Have you been to any practices to see what Mitch does or is it from your unnamed sources.

Waxed by the #341 team in D1 at home.

Who isn't laughing at this program?

Poison

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2016, 08:39:42 AM »
He was the last coach I would have hired, but he wanted this, and they stupidly took a huge in hiring him. Hopefully, both sides realize the mistake they've made, and the university hired a real
Coach this spring.

TONYD3

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2016, 08:42:18 AM »
Not all coaches are created equally. Hard work doesn't automatically equate to being a great coach in any sport. Jim Harbaugh has been a great coach at the college and pro level. Some are more talented than others at their given craft. Mullin has a long way to go to be mentioned in that air.
If you watched the Michigan game. You would notice that harbaugh is the furthest thing from mullin . pregame he had receiver gloves on and was catching passes from the starting QB. During key momknenag and almost all moments in the game he was the man. He prepared all season to be the man. He participated all game week. And he was the man on game day .

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2016, 08:44:12 AM »
Baldi - who do you want to coach - SJU - and from all your sources - who would should be the next coach.

And please don't say somebody like Seth Greenberg.

If they were to make a change they should hire the coach from Manhattan and keep Matt - regardless of what you say - he works hard
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:49:51 AM by Scheppy »

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2016, 08:48:14 AM »
Baldi - who do you want to coach - SJU - and from all your sources - who would should be the next coach.

The guy who was ready to come here before Mullin stepped in. That's who I want to be the coach

nyc12

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2016, 08:50:47 AM »
Mullin should pick up the phone and bring Jeff Ruland in to work with the bigs. 

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2016, 08:56:39 AM »
Willis Reed use to help out at SJU - rather call him than Jeff Ruland.
Out of all the people why is Jeff Ruland the one - didn't he do a lousy job at Iona.
Why not Walter Berry - I think he was pretty good with big man moves and played with Chris.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:12:48 AM by Scheppy »

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2016, 08:56:43 AM »
Does Mullin have enough insight to realize he is over his head? Would he step down and  admit he is not ready to coach a division one basketball team.

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2016, 09:04:02 AM »
Give the man a chance - Coach K - Struggled at first at Duke.

Bill Parcel struggled his first year with the Giants.

If in year three no improvements then decide if you want to make a change.
Show some loyalty the man he deserves that much from SJU fans.
Just because someone on the board through his unnamed sources - says he doesn't work hard doesn't make it true,

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2016, 09:07:14 AM »
On the bright side of things. There is no where to go but up. Losing last night is rock bottom!

Poison

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2016, 09:15:47 AM »

If they were to make a change they should hire the coach from Manhattan and keep Matt - regardless of what you say - he works hard

I'll take Seth Greenberg in a NY minute over the lazy and clueless

Poison

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2016, 09:27:10 AM »
Give the man a chance - Coach K - Struggled at first at Duke.

Bill Parcel struggled his first year with the Giants.

If in year three no improvements then decide if you want to make a change.
Show some loyalty the man he deserves that much from SJU fans.
Just because someone on the board through his unnamed sources - says he doesn't work hard doesn't make it true,

How much of a chance does he get? I've seen enough. He's awful. He might be worse than Roberts and Mahoney.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:27:36 AM by Poison »

Poison

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2016, 09:29:14 AM »
Willis Reed use to help out at SJU - rather call him than Jeff Ruland.
Out of all the people why is Jeff Ruland the one - didn't he do a lousy job at Iona.
Why not Walter Berry - I think he was pretty good with big man moves and played with Chris.

Jesus Christ. We DON'T need more people who aren't coaches. It was a terrible decision when Mullin was hired, and now you think we should make it even worse?

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2016, 09:45:39 AM »
Didn't Seth Greenberg - get fire at Virginia Tech - and how come no other programs want him for there jobs.
If he couldn't recruit at Virginia Tech and have success there how would he have success in the Big East.
Switch coaches take the young man from Manhattan and keep Matt.
Willis Reed for your information assisted Coach Lou and also coach in the professional ranks
And one of the greatest centers of all time.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:48:12 AM by Scheppy »

Foad

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2016, 09:48:06 AM »
What if I told you he wasn't workin hard enough?  Or if I heard that Mullin and Richomnd don't work anywhere near hard enough?

I'd think you were talking out your ass.

Johnny23

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2016, 09:53:52 AM »
Not all coaches are created equally. Hard work doesn't automatically equate to being a great coach in any sport. Jim Harbaugh has been a great coach at the college and pro level. Some are more talented than others at their given craft. Mullin has a long way to go to be mentioned in that air.
If you watched the Michigan game. You would notice that harbaugh is the furthest thing from mullin . pregame he had receiver gloves on and was catching passes from the starting QB. During key momknenag and almost all moments in the game he was the man. He prepared all season to be the man. He participated all game week. And he was the man on game day .

My point exactly.

Foad

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2016, 09:55:01 AM »
Didn't Seth Greenberg - get fire at Virginia Tech - and how come no other programs want him for there jobs.
If he couldn't recruit at Virginia Tech and have success there how would he have success in the Big East.
Switch coaches take the young man from Manhattan and keep Matt.
Willis Reed for your information assisted Coach Lou and also coach in the professional ranks
And one of the greatest centers of all time.

Wills Reed is only 75, maybe they should bring in someone with more seasoning.

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2016, 10:07:16 AM »
He still knows the game.
Who is your suggestion?
Also yesterday game everything went right for Delaware State - the clock running out and the guy banks a three pointer.
There is no loyalty on this board - give the guy a chance.
The best thing is that unnamed sources - name the program or give us some clue who is saying this about Chris.
They were laughing at SJU because they gave your boy Slice 500K for doing nothing.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 10:12:00 AM by Scheppy »

Foad

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2016, 10:21:08 AM »
He still knows the game.
Who is your suggestion?

I don't have a suggestion. I'm not so naive as to think there's one thing wrong and one thing that'll fix it. Fire Mitch Richmond so we can finally win some games, it's nice personic.