Zion Williamson

• 3 replies
Zion Williamson
« on: December 21, 2016, 12:56:55 AM »
I know we're not recruiting Williamson, and even if we was, I doubt we could even land him.  Although, tonight, I probably saw the best HS performance in my life.  The kid is a stud!  He's also the #2 rated player in the 2018 class.  Roy Williams was in attendance, as Gray Collegiate Academy's, Jalek Felton is a UNC commit.  He's the nephew of Raymond Felton.  Roy is also recruiting Felton's teammate at Gray, top 20 sophomore, Juwan Gary.  Gary is a kid I've seen since he was doing damage as an 8th grader at the middle school he attended.  I'm sure Roy is also recruiting Williamson, as well. 

Williamson is 6'7" 230 lbs., and he knows how to use it.  A couple years ago, he was around 6'2", and hit a bit of a growth spurt during  the past couple seasons.  He can pretty much do it all, too.  He brought the house down with thunderous dunks, hellacious blocks, and nifty ballhandling.  The place was SRO, and they had to turn away hundreds of people. 

I've seen a few seconds of his abilities, per video (truthfully, I don't particularly watch YouTube highlight clips nowadays) and the local newscast, as Spartanburg Day played in the area last week.  So, I figured I'd take in seeing him live tonight, and he didn't disappoint.  The kid is a balla.  Unfortunately, nowadays, every kid of his ilk feels they have to attend Kentucky, Duke, or Kansas.  I'd love to see this kid stay within the state and attend Clemson or South Carolina.  Even, if it's for one season.  I doubt that'll happen, but it'll be cool to see.

I'm sure there will be plenty of video of tonight's performance via Twitter and You Tube.  He's certainly the price of admission. 

EDIT: I found this via Twitter....  25-28 on the night (24-24 inside the arc).  Every basket from the Chick-fil-A matchup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPDyqwXFzgc

http://ballislife.com/zion-williamson-is-not-from-this-planet-53-points-in-chick-fil-a-debut/
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 01:23:10 AM by mjdinkins »

goredmen

Re: Zion Williamson
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 02:05:46 AM »
After Ben Simmons wasn't playing in the NCAA tournament last year, and Markelle Fultz won't be this year, these top guys will steer even more to the blue blood schools than they already are. Fortunately for Simmons the fact that LSU was terrible last year didn't hurt his draft stock, but I'm sure he would have liked a chance to play in a final 4. You better believe coaches like Cal, K, Roy and Self badger that into the top recruits all the time
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 02:06:08 AM by goredmen »

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 10:13:11 AM »
Zion is sneaky freaky athletic and just always around the basketball. Great kid too.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 10:19:52 AM »
just always around the basketball.

I told a friend the same thing last night.  My words: "He's like a magnet to the ball."