Aidan Igiehon, C, Lawrence Academy. LI, NY - LOUISVILLE

• 135 replies
Re: Aidan Igiehon, C, Lawrence Academy. LI, NY
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 04:30:47 PM »

per Braziller

St John’s assistant Matt Abdelmassih will see elite junior big man Aidan Igiehon today and attend Christ the King-Long Island Lutheran game for Kofi Cockburn
and Moussa Cisse #sjubb

Like Cisse!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2017, 04:37:09 PM »

per Braziller

St John’s assistant Matt Abdelmassih will see elite junior big man Aidan Igiehon today and attend Christ the King-Long Island Lutheran game for Kofi Cockburn
and Moussa Cisse #sjubb

Like Cisse!

CTK Coach Arbitello apparently thinks Cisse could be very, very good in time.

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2017, 07:05:49 PM »

per Braziller

and Moussa Cisse #sjubb

I'll take one from column A and two from column B please.

paultzman

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2018, 10:31:54 AM »
Matt seeing him today

paultzman

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 02:02:04 PM »
@Johnnies Pride

Big game for @Big_harris22 received MVP in win over St. Raymond’s with 24 points 13 rebounds and 2 blocks. #SJUBB
1:48 PM · Jan 15, 2018

Clip:

https://twitter.com/big_harris22/status/923679350544916480
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 02:21:38 PM by paultzman »

paultzman

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2018, 01:24:38 PM »
Andrew Slater
@Andrew__Slater
6’10” Aidan Igiehon’19 @Big_harris22 attracted St.John’s coaches Chris Mullin & @mabde33 & Xavier’s Luke Murray to @EmpireInvite ☘️. Stanford, Oregon, Virginia are recruiting him hard too

paultzman

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2018, 07:19:17 PM »
Per Julius Kim. Of @elevatehoops

By: Julius Kim

It was another day in the office for elite athletic 2019 big man Aidan Igiehon as he recorded 15 points, grabbed 17 rebounds, and rejected 6 shots against University Prep. The 6-foot-10 and high academic prospect spoke about how his junior year is going so far and gave the latest on his recruitment.

“Junior year is going pretty well… just trying to focus on the little things and trying to get better,” he said.

“So the little things… just talking on D (defense), my boxing out and when you’re so athletic, and sometimes you forget. You might not get punished now but on the bigger circuit… just things like that,” he continued.

St. John’s head coach Chris Mullin and assistant Matt Abdelmassih were spotted to see Igiehon as well as Xavier’s assistant Luke Murray. The Irish native mentioned that almost every program in the country is recruiting him and spoke about his overall status in his recruitment.

“Recruiting wise right now is hot,” he said. “Pretty much almost every college in the country still inviting me up.”He went on to list some schools that he’s hearing from the most.
“Virginia, Stanford, Oregon, Georgetown, St. John’s, Gonzaga… everybody’s pretty much going hard on me.”

As stated, Xavier was in attendance for Igiehon. He broke down what their message has been to him.“They just been saying that I’m at the top of the list. They pretty much text me every day. Me and Coach (Chris) Mack and Me and Luke (Murray)… so yeah we’re building a relationship.”

The Johnnies have been recruiting Igiehon since he was in the 9th grade. He spoke on what they had to offer. “St. John’s… they’ve been there since my ninth grade. I’m always on campus and I’m always at games so me and Chris Mullin and me and Matt (Abdelmassih)… we’re always talking back and fourth at least two or three times a week.”

Virginia is a program that he has mentioned a couple of times. He gave his input on what the Cavaliers are saying to him.

“Virginia… they’ve been at my school a lot. The head coach Tony Bennett and the assistant Ron Sanchez… me and coach (Tony) Bennett speak at length almost like everyday. So our relationship is pretty good.

Since Igiehon is a very high academic athlete, it is no surprise that he mentioned Stanford.

“Stanford is a big one…. Yeah-high academic… they talk to me more than just basketball… the value area and what you can do and stuff like that so it’s always a good thing to look at.”

He stated that Oregon is a programs that’s coming after him the hardest. “Oregon is probably one the schools that’s recruiting me the hardest. So they’re making a push and I’ve been in touch with the two assistant coaches and the head coach too.”

paultzman

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2018, 11:59:35 AM »

@PatLawless_
Aidan Igiehon, a class of 2019 Big Man from Lawrence Woodmere Academy (NY), took his first official visit to USC on March 2nd-4th. He tells @PrepCircuit he still plans on making his decision during his Senior H.S. season.

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2018, 12:34:55 PM »
'19 is a huge class for SJU.  Whitney, Igiehon, Gaffney, Precious, Lewis and Antoine etc.  Obviously not going to get them all but need to strike gold in this class with a few big names.  Need difference makers.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2018, 12:36:41 PM »
'19 is a huge class for SJU.  Whitney, Igiehon, Gaffney, Precious, Lewis and Antoine etc.  Obviously not going to get them all but need to strike gold in this class with a few big names.  Need difference makers.

Probably won't get any of them. They'll sign a lacrosse player turned basketball player and we'll get the rhetoric that he's a big time get shoved down our throats.

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2018, 12:55:48 PM »

You don't want Cockburn ?

Seriously though, we need 1 or 2 but I am not expecting any of these guys unless next season really gets off to same start as this year did and goes through Big East play.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:57:49 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2018, 01:02:07 PM »

You don't want Cockburn ?

Seriously though, we need 1 or 2 but I am not expecting any of these guys unless next season really gets off to same start as this year did and goes through Big East play.

I forgot some kids to list including Kofi obviously he gets included too.  That is why I said "etc"

Wods317

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2018, 01:03:59 PM »

Winning this year would help a lot

SJU79

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2018, 11:45:35 AM »
There is a good chance to land some very talented kids but from what I understand Igiehon is going to be hard to get

paultzman

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2018, 12:28:15 PM »
There is a good chance to land some very talented kids but from what I understand Igiehon is going to be hard to get
Agree, much better chance with Kofi.

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2018, 04:12:21 PM »
Just make sure he gets some corn beef and cabbage and Irish Soda Bread on Saturday courtesy of SJU coaching staff....

Marillac

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2018, 06:50:25 PM »
Just make sure he gets some corn beef and cabbage and Irish Soda Bread on Saturday courtesy of SJU coaching staff....

What is "corn beef"? And are recruiting violations in your two year plan? If not, let's skip the gifts to recruits.

paultzman

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2018, 05:41:01 PM »

MCNPA

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2018, 07:22:59 PM »
Mike Rice getting a good one
https://twitter.com/coachmikerice/status/975517662179725312?s=21

I still think Rice would be a great hire for us and help a lot of what ails us.  It seems kids and parents have no qualms about letting their kids play for Rice at the HS level.  I really don’t know why we get that done.  Guy is disciplined and would be a big help recruiting.  Now back to igheon after momentary tangent.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 07:23:34 PM by MCNPA »

paultzman

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2018, 10:41:31 AM »

Per Pat Lawless
Aidan Igiehon, a class of 2019 Big Man from Lawrence Woodmere (NY), just picked up an offer from Louisville.