Darien Williams and Malik Ellison transferring

• 232 replies

Marillac

Re: Darien Williams and Malik Ellison transferring
« Reply #220 on: May 21, 2017, 01:00:37 AM »
Let's re-recruit D. Will......it would cap off a perfect day!!!!!!

Hell yeah!

« Reply #221 on: May 21, 2017, 03:04:14 PM »
I dont understand why we would take back Amar but wouldn't take back Williams when there is no downside.

Unless he really wants to leave because he sees no PT, we should be begging him for one last year.

Poison

« Reply #222 on: May 21, 2017, 03:28:41 PM »
I dont understand why we would take back Amar but wouldn't take back Williams when there is no downside.

Unless he really wants to leave because he sees no PT, we should be begging him for one last year.

What makes you think he wants to return to St.John's? IDK, but it seems to me that he left because the staff really didn't think of him as a rotation player until they were desperate. I thought he showed some promise last season, but he maybe Williams thought he showed a lot more of it than the staff did? Williams leaving is odd because of the 3 guys that left, he was the one who had a surprisingly good year.

« Reply #223 on: May 21, 2017, 06:17:50 PM »
Congrats to DWill for graduating today!

Johnny23

« Reply #224 on: May 21, 2017, 06:53:29 PM »

What makes you think he wants to return to St.John's? IDK, but it seems to me that he left because the staff really didn't think of him as a rotation player until they were desperate. I thought he showed some promise last season, but he maybe Williams thought he showed a lot more of it than the staff did? Williams leaving is odd because of the 3 guys that left, he was the one who had a surprisingly good year.

Very surprising and disappointing as well. He would've filled a huge gap for this team next year in the post.

MCNPA

« Reply #225 on: May 21, 2017, 07:21:48 PM »
He averaged about 13 minutes per game.  That's not scant minutes, for a guy that was out a season prior with injury.  Those are very decent minutes for a guy that's like Mr Glass...  he'd be a nice contributor this year again, and have possibly been a a cog on an NCAA SJU team.  I'm not sure where he's gonna go that is going to give him 20-40 minutes per game, so not sure what he's searching for?  Either way, it's his choice.  Be nice to have him back but seems like he's not interested.  Curious to see where he goes.  I'm guessing low-mid major if he's trying to get big minutes.

« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2017, 07:37:51 PM »
Must be searching for that graduate degree program that SJU doesn't offer... that's what rule is there for right ?   ;D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 07:38:20 PM by RedStormNC »

paultzman

« Reply #227 on: May 31, 2017, 04:12:35 PM »
Per Rothstein
St. John's grad transfer Darien Williams tells me he will visit Nevada on June 9th. Immediately eligible. #SJUBB

Marillac

« Reply #228 on: May 31, 2017, 06:49:34 PM »
Maybe he can visit us after.

goredmen

« Reply #229 on: June 10, 2017, 06:23:37 PM »
Jon Rothstein‏
St. John's grad transfer Darien Williams has committed to Nevada, per a source. Immediately eligible. #SJUBB

Poison

« Reply #230 on: June 10, 2017, 06:53:51 PM »
Jon Rothstein‏
St. John's grad transfer Darien Williams has committed to Nevada, per a source. Immediately eligible. #SJUBB

Ouch. Never understood why he left. He wasn't Walter Berry, but he had some nice moments.

goredmen

« Reply #231 on: January 12, 2018, 05:12:07 PM »
Darien Williams dismissed from the Nevada basketball team

« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2018, 05:25:29 PM »
Darien Williams dismissed from the Nevada basketball team

Yikes