Darien Williams and Malik Ellison transferring

• 232 replies

TONYD3

Re: Darien Williams and Malik Ellison transferring
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2017, 12:57:54 PM »
Yea Amar will soon be next. I thought he would have been first

Can't see RF having any position on this team. He already wasted 1 year sitting on the bench and I can't see him getting any minutes next year. He needs to either transfer or sit out.

Please name me the 12th-13th player on any roster in the Big East. Hopefully he works on his game and hits the wright room and becomes productive as a Junior/Senior. That's what most teams do.
Amar >> the the German . I would rather keep him. He played some decent minutes in March . As long as he is not shooting 3's he can serve a purpose. Plus he is a senior. The other guy has to work really hard just to be as bad as Amar currently is.

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2017, 01:03:48 PM »

He will be back, just like Michael Meyers. In fact would be cool if he came back wearing a mask.

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2017, 01:34:58 PM »

Can't see RF having any position on this team. He already wasted 1 year sitting on the bench and I can't see him getting any minutes next year. He needs to either transfer or sit out.

Please name me the 12th-13th player on any roster in the Big East. Hopefully he works on his game and hits the wright room and becomes productive as a Junior/Senior. That's what most teams do.
Amar >> the the German . I would rather keep him. He played some decent minutes in March . As long as he is not shooting 3's he can serve a purpose. Plus he is a senior. The other guy has to work really hard just to be as bad as Amar currently is.

You're nuts. I like what Amar can offer to the team, but it isn't skill, its a guy who is willing to get physical. RF is a 6'9" shooter that moves well. He may never be good, but the potential is there.

derk

« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2017, 01:49:10 PM »

Easy for you to say. Maybe the kid actually wants to play the game as opposed to sitting on the bench. Thing is I can't see him getting many more minutes then he had this year ie. virtually none. So does the kid give away half his college career or does  he do something about it now. Besides Mullin wants his number back.

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2017, 01:59:43 PM »
Anyone feel anything about Sengfelder from Fordham as a transfer. Think he could be  good as a grad transfer

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2017, 03:47:48 PM »
Anyone feel anything about Sengfelder from Fordham as a transfer. Think he could be  good as a grad transfer
Actually like this kid-poor mans Billy Schaeffer. Not sure he fits our needs thou but if miss out on targeted better fits wouldn't mind.

Poison

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2017, 06:08:12 PM »

He has some skill, and in a half court set he's very good. But he's not capable of being the inside presence that we need. We need a guy that can defend that big on Creighton and then whoever Nova throws at us. We do not need a center who thinks he should be shooting three pointers.

Marillac

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2017, 06:41:01 PM »

You are going to look foolish for this. It's so shortsighted. The kid is pushing 6'10 (and long) and is very young for his class.  Very few kids that big come in ready to contribute and he had to do it while adjusting to the speed and physicality of the American game. He moves extremely well, he passes the ball like a guard, and his shot looks good, albeit rushed at times in his small gunner role this year. He desperately needs 15 lbs of muscle so he can set screens, separate on offense, finish around the basket, and defend the four. He's going to be a problem for other teams in the pick and roll and pick and pop...you can see that already.

This isn't like Amar where the the ceiling is 10-15 mpg 8th man. He's not uncoordinated or unathletic. This kid has legitimate NBA potential. I don't understand the negativity towards him. The German kid from Michigan played 8 mpg last year and he's a first round pick this year. Put him on a 5,000 calorie a day diet and get his read in the weight room.

goredmen

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2017, 06:45:40 PM »

You are going to look foolish for this. It's so shortsighted. The kid is pushing 6'10 (and long) and is very young for his class.  Very few kids that big come in ready to contribute and he had to do it while adjusting to the speed and physicality of the American game. He moves extremely well, he passes the ball like a guard, and his shot looks good, albeit rushed at times in his small gunner role this year. He desperately needs 15 lbs of muscle so he can set screens, separate on offense, finish around the basket, and defend the four. He's going to be a problem for other teams in the pick and roll and pick and pop...you can see that already.

This isn't like Amar where the the ceiling is 10-15 mpg 8th man. He's not uncoordinated or unathletic. This kid has legitimate NBA potential. I don't understand the negativity towards him. The German kid from Michigan played 8 mpg last year and he's a first round pick this year. Put him on a 5,000 calorie a day diet and get his read in the weight room.

If you don't average 20 ppg as a freshman you can't play. You've been around the block enough times to know thats how it works around here

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2017, 06:58:20 PM »

If you don't average 20 ppg as a freshman you can't play. You've been around the block enough times to know thats how it works around here

And if you score double digits then you must leave for the NBA.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2017, 07:04:13 PM »
The people saying Amar is better than Freud are absolutely mental.

ras

« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2017, 07:09:23 PM »

The problem w Freud is , as good as his shot looked, it didn't go in the basket. Very poor shooting stats. Maybe his confidence was shot, we will see. The fact is ,poor freshman year. Hopefully as he matures and gains exp. he will improve. Re, Amar, not that I expect that much, he is 6 9 240 lbs.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 07:11:24 PM by ras »

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2017, 07:23:05 PM »

Easy for you to say. Maybe the kid actually wants to play the game as opposed to sitting on the bench. Thing is I can't see him getting many more minutes then he had this year ie. virtually none. So does the kid give away half his college career or does  he do something about it now. Besides Mullin wants his number back.

Maybe he enjoys campus life, NYC. Maybe he is banging a cute little blonde. Maybe he is willing to be a role player.

« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2017, 08:37:25 PM »

Well not that I'm personally advocating this but based on playing time I think the coaching staff did.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

goredmen

« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2017, 08:47:22 PM »

Well not that I'm personally advocating this but based on playing time I think the coaching staff did.

It's fair to say that Amar was better this past season than Freud was. But somebody saying they'd rather keep Amar than Freud moving forward is just idiotic. Amar has one year left and if he's getting any minutes next year we'll be having the CBI debate again next year. RF may not play much next year either (I'd actually like to see him take a redshirt year) but his ceiling is 100x higher than Amar's is

Poison

« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2017, 09:09:33 PM »

The problem w Freud is , as good as his shot looked, it didn't go in the basket. Very poor shooting stats. Maybe his confidence was shot, we will see. The fact is ,poor freshman year. Hopefully as he matures and gains exp. he will improve. Re, Amar, not that I expect that much, he is 6 9 240 lbs.

The problem with Freud is that when he came here, he wasn't ready for the BE. That doesn't mean that he won't ever be ready. I think we're going to have to wait until next season to know what we have with Freud.

derk

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2017, 10:33:40 PM »
With potentially 2 -3 bigs coming in plus Clarke , Ahmed, Yawke where do his minutes come from. Unless he shows some unprecedented improvement and wows them in practice how does he get any burn.

Poison

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2017, 10:43:31 PM »
With potentially 2 -3 bigs coming in plus Clarke , Ahmed, Yawke where do his minutes come from. Unless he shows some unprecedented improvement and wows them in practice how does he get any burn.

No idea if Clark can play. We know Ahmed is a solid talent, but he's not the rebounder we need inside. Yakwe needs to improve to the point where he is helping more than hurting to warrant minutes.

Johnny23

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2017, 11:41:11 PM »
Well I predicted we'd bring in multiple bigs next season and it looks like this is heading down that path.

Now get rid of AA and bring in an upgrade for him.

derk

« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2017, 09:34:09 AM »

No idea if Clark can play. We know Ahmed is a solid talent, but he's not the rebounder we need inside. Yakwe needs to improve to the point where he is helping more than hurting to warrant minutes.

Yes we have a lot of unknowns but I presume Clarke and Ahmed will be better then RF, who didn't play a minute last year, needs to find a shot and gain about 20 pounds. Not to mention the 2-3 bigs we supposedly have coming. Again, my point is where are his minutes coming from ?