Remaining 17'-18' Ships

• 106 replies
Re: Remaining 17'-18' Ships
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 02:47:05 PM »
Wooten is from Stockton CA, and he played AAU ball with (if I recall correctly)...Lovett.

Didn't play anywhere last season.  Was a class of 2016 kid who decommited from Nevada then went to a prep school that classifies as a high school, and therefore he couldn't play for them.

Good physical talent, but very raw.

Yeah, but talented athlete and capable rebounder.  Raw is fine.  If we can get a talented kid in like that right now, we'd be very lucky.

I'm not against it. Let's just be reasonable and understand he likely won't contribute for two years.

Agree with you here.  Frankly, I'd rather go with Isiaha Mike, Kante, and either Wooten or Scekic (yeah, I said it, lol).

QuanMan

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 05:24:44 PM »
Scekic would relieve Tariq for 5-15 minutes a game depending on attrition, foul trouble. I think he's worth pursuing.
Section 3
Section 116

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 05:37:50 PM »
Scekic would relieve Tariq for 5-15 minutes a game depending on attrition, foul trouble. I think he's worth pursuing.

If that stiff is playing 15 minutes, we should just forfeit.

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 05:39:15 PM »

Come on man, you made Jory de larosa seem like Lou Alcindor compared to this guy.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 05:40:06 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 05:40:10 PM »

Doubt he visits here.

QuanMan

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 08:18:33 PM »
Reading the tea leaves and JJ code talk, IK is going to sign sometime soon. We're still pursuing Scekic however, which means that some big man recruitment has fallen by the wayside. I still think Amar should be sent packing and replaced with a wing scorer to backup Bash (Yetna). What would be done with the remaining (3) scholarships ideally would then be (1) spent towards a elite sitout transfer and lastly the (2) final ships spent towards additional insurance within the front court.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2017, 10:07:29 AM »
https://twitter.com/patlawless_/status/852204883713413121

Kenny Wooten is a 4-star PF when was committed to Arizona State.  With offers from Kansas, Arizona and others apparently.  Would be a great pickup for us at PF.  Grab both he and Kante and we'd have two strong frontcourt options, and both 17' kids.

SJU offered him today

We may want to add him to the 2017 recruit list.  Here is a article just written about his interest in Arkansas.  It was written AFTER his de-commitment from ASU.  It mentions his interest in SJU.  The only reason I say that is my guess is Wooten specifically mentioned SJU to the blogger or else why would a Arkansas blogger mention St. John's in the article:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/apr/12/arkansas-back-involved-las-vegas-wooten/

Arkansas could end up hitting the jackpot in Las Vegas.

The Razorbacks are back in contact with four-star Las Vegas Trinity International Christian Prep forward Kenny Wooten (6-9, 205 pounds), who de-committed from Arizona State earlier this week.

Wooten, a California native who was a Nevada signee out of high school, was offered in the fall by Arkansas and is considering the Razorbacks along with Oregon, St. John’s and others.

“I’ve always been really interested in Arkansas for the simple fact of how hard the team plays,” Wooten said. “My interest in them is high.”

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2017, 11:03:02 AM »

But what is the circumference of his neck? Do we know?

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 11:38:51 AM »
Per Braziller,  St. John's will host JUCO center Nikola Scekic of Hutchinson CC tonight

QuanMan

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2017, 11:41:11 AM »
Per Braziller,  St. John's will host JUCO center Nikola Scekic of Hutchinson CC tonight

Nab 3/5 of Yetna, IK, Wroten, Scekic and Mike, sign another elite sit out transfer, and release Amar and I am a happy man.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2017, 12:18:06 PM »

Nab 3/5 of Yetna, IK, Wroten, Scekic and Mike, sign another elite sit out transfer, and release Amar and I am a happy man.

Damn, did Amar run over your dog or something?

QuanMan

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2017, 12:48:41 PM »

Its Year 3, inferior talent isn't permitted. The patience by the public won't be there this year.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2017, 12:55:33 PM »

Its Year 3, inferior talent isn't permitted. The patience by the public won't be there this year.

Keeping a senior role player to be the 10th man on the roster would not be poorly received, even by this fan base.

desco80

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2017, 01:00:12 PM »
Did Heron say he's returning to Auburn?  No mention of him lately

goredmen

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2017, 01:15:54 PM »
Did Heron say he's returning to Auburn?  No mention of him lately

A lot of the Auburn people on Twitter shot down the report that he was considering transferring, but I don't know what was true and what wasn't. Considering the fishy circumstances surrounding his commitment to Auburn and the fact that it's Bruce Pearl I'd guess any leak was just a bargaining ploy by Heron's father for whatever Pearl is giving them down there. Kind of like what Matt did

derk

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2017, 01:28:40 PM »

My thought is Kante, Mike, and Scekic. From what I've seen Mike can back up Ahmed and from Owens, KY, and Scekic to fill the center minutes.

ras

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2017, 02:10:05 PM »
IMO. Scekic is not worth pursuing. Bench warmer at JC level despite his size, unless all our other pieces fall into place . He would be ok as a 10th man.

Wods317

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2017, 02:28:16 PM »
IMO. Scekic is not worth pursuing. Bench warmer at JC level despite his size, unless all our other pieces fall into place . He would be ok as a 10th man.

We still have 3 open spots plus the possibility of Amar leaving. I would take a flyer on this kid  especially if Amar leaves, if he isn't any good then hes the last the guy on the bench,

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2017, 02:31:06 PM »

Can you name the inferior talent that rode the bench at Kentucky, Kansas, etc.? It's not Amar's fault the coaching staff hasn't been able to find a few bigs to keep Amar cheering from the bench. Most teams don't roll 10 deep let alone 13.

ras

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2017, 02:40:54 PM »

We still have 3 open spots plus the possibility of Amar leaving. I would take a flyer on this kid  especially if Amar leaves, if he isn't any good then hes the last the guy on the bench,
Amars shown a lot of loyalty. But obviously repacing Amar w Scekic isn't going to harm us, except it ties up another scholi for 18.. But, I would like to see us w some impact players. Really want that grad transfer big.,