Remaining 17'-18' Ships

• 106 replies

QuanMan

Re: Remaining 17'-18' Ships
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2017, 02:56:55 PM »
zach smart‏ @zsmart3  25m25 minutes ago
More
 Ohio no longer in the mix for Nikola Scekic. 7-2 C out of Hutchinson CC down to South Florida and St. John's. Heads to NYC tonight 4 visit

zach smart‏ @zsmart3  3h3 hours ago
More
 Scekic said it is his first time in NYC. Has already read up on QU transfer Mikey Dixon.

"Me and him would be good in the pick and pop"

He's 7'2 fellas. Even Curtis Johnson provided some value. Can't teach height. Tariq will need rest and will be in foul trouble it's inevitable. Best available true center don't hesitate.
Section 3
Section 116

derk

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2017, 03:08:36 PM »
zach smart‏ @zsmart3  25m25 minutes ago
More
 Ohio no longer in the mix for Nikola Scekic. 7-2 C out of Hutchinson CC down to South Florida and St. John's. Heads to NYC tonight 4 visit

zach smart‏ @zsmart3  3h3 hours ago
More
 Scekic said it is his first time in NYC. Has already read up on QU transfer Mikey Dixon.

"Me and him would be good in the pick and pop"

He's 7'2 fellas. Even Curtis Johnson provided some value. Can't teach height. Tariq will need rest and will be in foul trouble it's inevitable. Best available true center don't hesitate.

Agreed. And if with all the positives he mentioned, we can't beat out S. Florida with all the negatives associated with that program, then I give up.

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2017, 03:41:07 PM »
Need. Better. Players.

Marillac

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2017, 05:01:38 PM »
Scekic would relieve Tariq for 5-15 minutes a game depending on attrition, foul trouble. I think he's worth pursuing.

If that stiff is playing 15 minutes, we should just forfeit.

Come on man, you made Jory de larosa seem like Lou Alcindor compared to this guy.

I'd do the same if we got this Frankenstein as walkon too.

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2017, 05:22:36 PM »
Scekic would relieve Tariq for 5-15 minutes a game depending on attrition, foul trouble. I think he's worth pursuing.

Come on man, you made Jory de larosa seem like Lou Alcindor compared to this guy.

Ok but you realize that makes no sense.  Del a Rosa had next to zero basketball skills and he is smaller than this guy. You talked up the fact that with him we had a big body who could foul, set picks, and lean on bigs for 5 minutes a half. Now this guy is the equivalent of waving the white towel?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2017, 05:23:53 PM »

Ok but you realize that makes no sense.  Del a Rosa had next to zero basketball skills and he is smaller than this guy. You talked up the fact that with him we had a big body who could foul, set picks, and lean on bigs for 5 minutes a half. Now this guy is the equivalent of waving the white towel?

Who else is recruiting this guy?

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2017, 10:06:58 PM »

A couple of days ago, I saw several game clips (one of our fans attached some of the clips to their Twitter account) on Scekic and, although it was an extremely small sample, you could see a bit of potential.  I'll see if I can locate it.

EDIT: I went to Zach Smart's Twitter page (he seems to be a fan of the kid) and found a link to Scekic's page, which had an Instagram link.  Breaking down 60 seconds clips should be in Marillac's wheelhouse.   :) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSoQRuKjTrI/?taken-by=n_scekic

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSoPet-jWDK/?taken-by=n_scekic
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:15:03 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2017, 10:13:39 PM »

A couple of days ago, I saw several game clips (one of our fans attached some of the clips to their Twitter account) on Scekic and, although it was an extremely small sample, you could see a bit of potential.  I'll see if I can locate it.

He averaged 4 points and 2 rebounds in Community College.

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2017, 10:19:08 PM »

I never said the kid would be a stud.  Players also get better.  Although, it was major college, but Owens averaged about a point a game at Tennessee. 

If he can be useful and give a steady 5-10 minutes a game his first year or two, then he's served his purpose. 

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2017, 10:39:00 PM »

I never said the kid would be a stud.  Players also get better.  Although, it was major college, but Owens averaged about a point a game at Tennessee. 

If he can be useful and give a steady 5-10 minutes a game his first year or two, then he's served his purpose. 

Wasn't directed at you, was speaking in general. IMO, this scholarship should be saved.

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2017, 10:44:30 PM »

IMO, this scholarship should be saved.

I wouldn't have a problem with that scenario, either, as long as we have a better and realistic alternative to bring in a big.

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2017, 10:50:31 PM »

IMO, this scholarship should be saved.

I wouldn't have a problem with that scenario, either, as long as we have a better and realistic alternative to bring in a big.

There's a reason why he's still available

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2017, 12:29:26 AM »

Post of the year

« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2017, 01:02:49 AM »
Baldi!!!  :up:

paultzman

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2017, 09:04:22 AM »
Scekic won't be offered IMO, although I doubted he would even visit.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:05:16 AM by paultzman »

wpc77

« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2017, 11:59:12 AM »

Post of the year

Guys - c'mon.  He had 10 blocks in 37 games.  And he's 7'2''. That's gold.

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2017, 12:26:00 PM »
If he's happy being our last big man off the bench, offers five fouls, and plays five minutes -- at most -- per game, then I'd be happy with it.  We can't expect everyone we get to be in the rotation and play big minutes/big impact guys.

One of the issues Mullin had last year was having too big of a playing rotation. Lovett/Ponds/Simon/Mussini, Ahmed/Clarke/Owens/Yawke is already ok. Get us one more front court guy, and we're a solid NCAA bubble team.

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2017, 12:35:47 PM »
If he's happy being our last big man off the bench, offers five fouls, and plays five minutes -- at most -- per game, then I'd be happy with it.  We can't expect everyone we get to be in the rotation and play big minutes/big impact guys.

One of the issues Mullin had last year was having too big of a playing rotation. Lovett/Ponds/Simon/Mussini, Ahmed/Clarke/Owens/Yawke is already ok. Get us one more front court guy, and we're a solid NCAA bubble team.

Sounds like Amar, who gets bashed here for being 12th man. Let the kid Graduate and another scholarship opens up.

Marillac

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2017, 03:26:06 PM »

Sounds like Amar, who gets bashed here for being 12th man. Let the kid Graduate and another scholarship opens up.

Baldi spitting truth.

Foad

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2017, 03:38:37 PM »

Baldi spitting truth.

Yeah because you love those big guys who stand outside the three point line waiting to catch and shoot. Or in AA's case, catch and miss.