April Live Recruiting

• 57 replies

Poison

Re: April Live Recruiting
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2017, 04:53:34 PM »
It's safe to say that a Naz and Luther coup would be comparable to Felipe and Zendon.

It'll be two vital and needed recruits.  That's what it'll mean to me.  By the way, Lopez and Hamilton were top 5 recruits in their class, respectively. 

That, and Lopez was #one. Closest we've come since then was Cook's class when it had Miles. What could have been.

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2017, 05:01:47 PM »
It's safe to say that a Naz and Luther coup would be comparable to Felipe and Zendon. 

Cmon now

cjfish

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2017, 05:23:03 PM »
not too hard to be comparable, they underperformed

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2017, 05:30:26 PM »

It'll be two vital and needed recruits.  That's what it'll mean to me.  By the way, Lopez and Hamilton were top 5 recruits in their class, respectively. 

Comparable, Dinkins. Naz is a top10 talent, Luther top50, and each of their stocks will rise this Summer.

How is it comparable when I just mentioned both Lopez and Hamilton was top 5 recruits?  Reid being a top 15 recruit and Muhammad being a top 50 recruit by most analysts, respectively, so again how is that comparable?  You're right, their stock could rise, but at the moment it's not comparable.

It'll also be interesting to compare the 2011 and 2018 classes when all is said and done.

To each, his or her own, but I don't get the infatuation with all the comparison.

QuanMan

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2017, 06:34:16 PM »

Comparable, Dinkins. Naz is a top10 talent, Luther top50, and each of their stocks will rise this Summer.

How is it comparable when I just mentioned both Lopez and Hamilton was top 5 recruits?  Reid being a top 15 recruit and Muhammad being a top 50 recruit by most analysts, respectively, so again how is that comparable?  You're right, their stock could rise, but at the moment it's not comparable.

It'll also be interesting to compare the 2011 and 2018 classes when all is said and done.

To each, his or her own, but I don't get the infatuation with all the comparison.

Because as a fan in the offseason it's fun to do.

With all of the hype and anticipation as Mullin as our HC and a ace AC recruiter with a number of open scholarships, it'll be interesting to stack the 2018 class against other recently heralded St. John's classes.

The 2011 class was ranked #3 nationally. That'll be hard to beat, but the numerous open scholarships and elite talents we're after make it seem attainable. What makes it interesting is the comparable amount of open scholarships. 2018 should have what a 5 man class? 

http://www.espn.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/2599/class/2011

To Baldi's point, Nas/Luther will come closest to the best duo we've landed since Felipe/Zendon. That's why they're comparable, just making conversation.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2017, 07:36:44 PM »

With all of the hype and anticipation as Mullin as our HC and a ace AC recruiter with a number of open scholarships, it'll be interesting to stack the 2018 class against other recently heralded St. John's classes.

The 2011 class was ranked #3 nationally. That'll be hard to beat, but the numerous open scholarships and elite talents we're after make it seem attainable. What makes it interesting is the comparable amount of open scholarships. 2018 should have what a 5 man class? 

To Baldi's point, Nas/Luther will come closest to the best duo we've landed since Felipe/Zendon. That's why they're comparable, just making conversation.

I think Luther is overrated, I'm not convinced he is elite.

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2017, 07:42:43 PM »
At our stage, we should hope others think Luther is overrated and not elite.   We need all the help we can get to secure decent talent

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2017, 08:05:24 PM »

Reid and Muhammad duo, IMO, would be more comparable to Pointer and Harkless or Harrison and Harkless than they are Lopez and Hamilton, if you're going to go by recruiting rankings.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 08:27:20 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2017, 08:18:35 PM »
At our stage, we should hope others think Luther is overrated and not elite.   We need all the help we can get to secure decent talent

Yup. I'm just going by the offers(so far)

derk

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2017, 11:36:43 AM »

Most people when they think of Lopez and Hamilton are reminded of how they underperformed, rather then their top 5 ranking going in. So the comparison becomes the underperformed duo vs the potential duo. Right now the potential duo wins out.

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2017, 12:26:36 PM »

Most people when they think of Lopez and Hamilton are reminded of how they underperformed, rather then their top 5 ranking going in. So the comparison becomes the underperformed duo vs the potential duo. Right now the potential duo wins out.

As, much as Lopez and Hamilton could be frustrating to watch (particularly, Hamilton....  especially, his senior season), I can't say a potential duo wins out when they've yet to step foot on a collegiate court.  Not to mention, they've yet to commit to St. John's.

Regardless, how they performed or perceived to have performed at St. John's, they both were still top 5 recruits coming out of high school.  It's easy to play that game after the fact.  I bet you would've been posting about how great those two are gonna be, if this board was functioning back in 1994 when those two committed to St. John's.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:41:55 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2017, 01:36:32 PM »
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 01:36:57 PM by Celtics11 »

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2017, 09:54:35 PM »
Andrew Slater‏ @ASlater247  39m
Purdue, Georgetown, Michigan, Michigan St, Indiana, St.John's, SHU, Butler for @NYRhoops vs @indy_heat

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2017, 09:56:11 PM »
Ryan Silver‏ @RyanSilver1  3h
Utah, TCU HC Jamie Dixon, Memphis, St. Johns, UNC, Pepperdine HC Wilson, +++ at EWE 16u UAA vs. Team Rio 16u UAA. Great game at UAA

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2017, 09:36:14 PM »
Corey Evans‏ @coreyevans_10  2m
Five star 2019 @teamrionational guards Scottie Lewis & Bryan Antoine will take an unofficial visit to Kentucky on May 5, they tell @Rivals