Dog Days Big East Top 10 Predictions

• 14 replies

QuanMan

Dog Days Big East Top 10 Predictions
« on: July 24, 2017, 06:51:31 PM »
Year 5 of the new Big East should prove to be another banner year for the conference.

1. Hall- Senior bunch with championship pedigree is going to have a big year. Delgado could average 15 rpg this year.
2. Prov- Arguably the most talented team in the conference. Experienced veteran leaders throughout, star freshmen coming in. Will go deep into March.
3. Nova- They're reloaded and look like a trademark Jay Wright team but they don't have the seniors that the teams above have. Collin Gillepsi is the next Nardi-Arch-DiVincenzo mold.
4. Johnnies-Two full years worth of hard work pays off in year three. I expect Shamorie, Marcus and Bash to have all league years.
5. X- Mack is a terrific coach who should be going to Trevon Bluiett a whole lot this year.
6. Creighton-Foresee a breakout year for Khyri Thomas, think the Bluejays flirt with March, interesting year ahead for them.
7. Marquette- Wojo has a nice prospects in  Sam Hauser and Markus Howard, think their youth will be inconsistent.
8. Butler- Kelan Martin should be a beast this year but the league is too talented for them overall.
9. DePaul-Recruiting momentum finally starting to build with their new arena, excited to check it out soon. Have more momentum than the Hoyas.
10. GTown- Much like Clyde Drexler and Mullin, Ewing has a brutal rebuilding process to undertake. Derrickson and Govan should each have big years but their roster is thin.

Your Top 10?
Section 3
Section 116

Re: Dog Days Big East Top 10 Predictions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 07:37:03 PM »
Nova
X
PC
SH
Creighton
Marquette
SJ
Butler
Gtown
Depaul

MCNPA

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 08:41:21 PM »
I think SJU ends up in 5th place.   Our main competition for the spot are Butler and Creighton.  I think we have enough to stay ahead of them this year.  Butler with new coach, although they are vey talented.  Creighton also very talented, but I still think they are going to miss a true inside presence more than we have, with their style of ball.

I think we have a lot of kids who were already excellent as freshmen, but there's a big transition to soph and we will have a more mature team.  We have some of the best guards in the country, but now also have dynamic forwards.   This year we make the NCAA tourney, and I suspect the Big East overall gets at least 6 teams into the tourney.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:44:00 PM by MCNPA »

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 05:42:56 PM »
Year 5 of the new Big East should prove to be another banner year for the conference.

1. Hall- Senior bunch with championship pedigree is going to have a big year. Delgado could average 15 rpg this year.
2. Prov- Arguably the most talented team in the conference. Experienced veteran leaders throughout, star freshmen coming in. Will go deep into March.
3. Nova- They're reloaded and look like a trademark Jay Wright team but they don't have the seniors that the teams above have. Collin Gillepsi is the next Nardi-Arch-DiVincenzo mold.
4. Johnnies-Two full years worth of hard work pays off in year three. I expect Shamorie, Marcus and Bash to have all league years.
5. X- Mack is a terrific coach who should be going to Trevon Bluiett a whole lot this year.
6. Creighton-Foresee a breakout year for Khyri Thomas, think the Bluejays flirt with March, interesting year ahead for them.
7. Marquette- Wojo has a nice prospects in  Sam Hauser and Markus Howard, think their youth will be inconsistent.
8. Butler- Kelan Martin should be a beast this year but the league is too talented for them overall.
9. DePaul-Recruiting momentum finally starting to build with their new arena, excited to check it out soon. Have more momentum than the Hoyas.
10. GTown- Much like Clyde Drexler and Mullin, Ewing has a brutal rebuilding process to undertake. Derrickson and Govan should each have big years but their roster is thin.

Your Top 10?

You realize X made the Elite Eight last year without Summer,  right?

QuanMan

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 06:02:02 PM »

Your Top 10?

You realize X made the Elite Eight last year without Summer,  right?

They also had a 9-9 BE record. They'll be a tough out but I like the rosters ahead of them over the course of the 18 game conference season.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 06:04:24 PM »
Do we think Ponds and Lovett are better than Howard and Rowsey?

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 07:32:39 PM »
Do we think Ponds and Lovett are better than Howard and Rowsey?
Yes

pmg911

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 02:42:55 PM »
I think SHU will be best team in the league next year.

Veteran teams with really tough kids...

I think SJU finishes 5th and is close to the fringe of the NCAA Tournament

Johnny23

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 02:47:22 PM »
I've got Nova, X, Providence, Hall, Creighton,  and then St. John's (although I think both Butler and Marquette push us for that 6th place in the BE).

If the coaching improves along with the chemistry, I think this team can be a bubble team.

MCNPA

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 03:15:42 PM »
My one concern about Seton Hall is that they don't have a point guard, and it's a significant issue.  Hall fans think/thought it would be Carrington but reports are that he has looked awful this summer trying to run the point.  They are deep, talented and experienced.  Not having a PG could hurt a bit though.

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 03:53:10 PM »
My one concern about Seton Hall is that they don't have a point guard, and it's a significant issue.  Hall fans think/thought it would be Carrington but reports are that he has looked awful this summer trying to run the point.  They are deep, talented and experienced.  Not having a PG could hurt a bit though.

A decent PG would rack up the assists on that team

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 05:03:12 PM »
If the coaching improves along with the chemistry, I think this team can be a bubble team.

Based on the quote above, the team should without a doubt be an NCAA Tournament team.

Johnny23

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 06:52:32 PM »

Based on the quote above, the team should without a doubt be an NCAA Tournament team.

Should be, but that's a big if.

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 07:46:27 PM »

We go to coaching camp?

Johnny23

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 08:06:45 PM »

We go to coaching camp?

Hoping for the best.