Corruption Probe in the Recruiting Ranks

• 189 replies
Re: Corruption Probe in the Recruiting Ranks
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2017, 06:29:34 PM »
Perhaps Slice wanted to "play ball" and Mullin said no?
I don't post very often but take this for what it's worth.  When Slice left I asked my next door neighbor, who happens to be a division one head basketball coach. I asked him if he knew anything and all he said was "Mullin likes to do things above board".

Lol. Hillarious

A bit defensive?  Poor Slice couldn't convince Mullin to go the shady route.  Makes sense now...

Do you really want to go there?

Sure why not?  Bring it wuss.

Since you asked. Would love to know how our star player is driving a jaguar, sporting a Rolex. I can go on, if ya want

As a Slice apologist and St. John's hater, why don't you go ahead and call the FBI hotline.  Sad.

You asked , nice person.  The rats are all in the coaching ranks

But Slice is clean?

Think he is under investigation.?

goredmen

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2017, 06:31:51 PM »
I don't post very often but take this for what it's worth.  When Slice left I asked my next door neighbor, who happens to be a division one head basketball coach. I asked him if he knew anything and all he said was "Mullin likes to do things above board".

Lol. Hillarious

A bit defensive?  Poor Slice couldn't convince Mullin to go the shady route.  Makes sense now...

Since you asked. Would love to know how our star player is driving a jaguar, sporting a Rolex. I can go on, if ya want

As a Slice apologist and St. John's hater, why don't you go ahead and call the FBI hotline.  Sad.

But Slice is clean?

Probably every coach is, especially one connected to 5 star players for as long as he was. But forget whether he is or isn't under investigation I'm asking you if you think he's clean

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2017, 06:36:09 PM »

Lol. Hillarious

But Slice is clean?

Probably every coach is, especially one connected to 5 star players for as long as he was. But forget whether he is or isn't under investigation I'm asking you if you think he's clean

I do t think any big D1 coach is clean.

Poison

« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2017, 07:06:28 PM »
Maybe Louisville hires Norm to clean thing up  :)

Hasn't the Kansas name been mentioned in this? If so, that's where Norm works.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2017, 07:15:08 PM »

Lol. Hillarious

But Slice is clean?

I do t think any big D1 coach is clean.

It's a good thing that SJU he been working so hard to try and be a mid major for the last 20 years!
Zing!!!!

Should the Big East send the ACC thank you  or condolence flowers?
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2017, 07:33:57 PM »
I mean remember we are the team that paid Abe Keita.

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2017, 07:37:03 PM »
@YahooForde
Y sources: Alabama basketball may be next to have a compliance issue. Stay tuned.
7:28 PM - 27 Sep 2017

Color me shocked fam

« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2017, 07:59:03 PM »
@YahooForde
Y sources: Alabama basketball may be next to have a compliance issue. Stay tuned.

Color me shocked fam

... but not the football program.  nothing to see here, move along please.

« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2017, 08:31:20 PM »

Im going to interject that the Keita payoff was a totally different animal. We took someone from Africa and gave him 200 or 400 per month so he would have some pocket money.  This was when we just opened the dorms, so the players lost their stipend.  In terms of that Louisville player, he took the highest offer to play for Pitino. 100k.

To some, that might not be a difference, but I think a distinction can be made.

Poison

« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2017, 08:46:15 PM »

Im going to interject that the Keita payoff was a totally different animal. We took someone from Africa and gave him 200 or 400 per month so he would have some pocket money.  This was when we just opened the dorms, so the players lost their stipend.  In terms of that Louisville player, he took the highest offer to play for Pitino. 100k.

Cheating is cheating. If these recruits were independently wealthy, bribes wouldn't work.

« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2017, 08:46:51 PM »

I know, the 2003 NIT is just still so real to me dammit.

wpc77

« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2017, 09:01:59 PM »

C'mon let's not bs ourselves.  How did lovin Lavin get Rysheed? Why didn't Nova recruit him?

« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2017, 09:20:42 PM »

C'mon let's not bs ourselves.  How did lovin Lavin get Rysheed? Why didn't Nova recruit him?

Nova didn't recruit him because the kid was a gangster

QuanMan

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2017, 09:33:33 PM »
@YahooForde

Color me shocked fam

Once the Feds dig further into the Adidas files, there's no chance that Scott Drew at Baylor or Ben Howland at Miss St. come out alive. Those programs have absolutely wreaked recently. This season was supposed to see a resurgence in the SEC, for years they couldn't recruit, and suddenly a school like Bama was landing the Colin Sexton's of the world, good to see swift justice.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2017, 09:45:18 PM »

Dude Temple and Fran Dunphy who is as clean as a box of Clorox was all over him.  One of the big reasons he chose SJU over Temple was he wanted to get out of Philly...

Stop acting like kids who have issues after they leave suddenly proves the staff that recruited them should have known about what would happen after he left.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 09:46:10 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2017, 10:04:17 PM »

Dude Temple and Fran Dunphy who is as clean as a box of Clorox was all over him.  One of the big reasons he chose SJU over Temple was he wanted to get out of Philly...

Stop acting like kids who have issues after they leave suddenly proves the staff that recruited them should have known about what would happen after he left.

I think Nova acquitted themselves quite nicely by not recruiting Rysheed. 

Only Lavin was desperate enough to take a flyer on him. I had hoped the school admins would have woke after that, but then Zach Brown.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 10:05:13 PM by Towerofshred »

wpc77

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2017, 10:26:05 PM »

My point is going over everyone's heads.  I am not talkiing about what happened after he left, other than my snide remark about the slammer   This thread is about corruption in recruiting.