Game 2: Central Connecticut State

• 109 replies
Re: Game 2: Central Connecticut State
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2017, 01:32:46 PM »
Ponds is ridiculous.  Harrison was the best rebounding guard ive seen at sju. He was. 

Hatten.

Rebounding from the guard position is a great indicator of instincts for the game. It's almost always a great sign out a guard.

Michael Porter was the best rebounding guard in ST John's history. Not sure about his instincts but he could jump.

« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2017, 08:51:37 PM »
Alibegovic obviously has this year to leave some kind of mark on this program. Rebound young man. That’s all we want. He did have 3 in 5 minutes of play. So, he did improve.

LOL. Alibegovic has no business being on the court. Ever. He has no basketball IQ, and less skill

« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2017, 09:02:31 PM »
Alibegovic obviously has this year to leave some kind of mark on this program. Rebound young man. That’s all we want. He did have 3 in 5 minutes of play. So, he did improve.

LOL. Alibegovic has no business being on the court. Ever. He has no basketball IQ, and less skill
Don't know how you can definitively state that his skill is less than his basketball IQ.

Poison

« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2017, 10:02:02 PM »

He certainly hasn’t earned playing time with his play but this program doesn’t have a choice. Mullin has to get blood from a stone. Two stones if you count Yakwe, and I do.

« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2017, 10:09:43 PM »
If I were coach I would never take Yakwe out for foul trouble.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

ras

« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2017, 10:19:45 PM »

He certainly hasn’t earned playing time with his play but this program doesn’t have a choice. Mullin has to get blood from a stone. Two stones if you count Yakwe, and I do.
Can’t disagree. But at least Yakwe plays on the inside. We have absolutely no use for Amar camping out at the 3 point line .as I have been saying. We need our bigs to be hungry and go after rebounds and Clark has to minimize his fouling.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:23:55 PM by ras »

Marillac

« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2017, 12:00:13 AM »
Ponds is ridiculous.  Harrison was the best rebounding guard ive seen at sju. He was. 

Hatten.

Rebounding from the guard position is a great indicator of instincts for the game. It's almost always a great sign out a guard.

I’ll take Ponds. And abolsutley, his instincts are off the charts.

I would too...I was just pointing out his only competition in my time. Ponds would eat Harrison alive athletically on the glass.

« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2017, 11:22:47 AM »
I really enjoy watching all our guards. Ponds, Lovett, Simon & Trimble. That's a good squad.

The first three are obvious, but Trimble is better than he looks. He looks like he spent all summer sitting on the couch eating potato chips. And maybe he did, but even with a belly he’s still good. Imagine what kind of player he could be if he got into shape if he’s able to play while out of shape.

I don't understand how you think this kid is out of shape. Because he's bulky? Does he need to be as thin as Owens to be in shape? I don't see the kid Huffin or Puffin when he's in the game, so Id say he's in better shape than most.

cjfish

« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2017, 11:46:37 AM »
I really enjoy watching all our guards. Ponds, Lovett, Simon & Trimble. That's a good squad.

The first three are obvious, but Trimble is better than he looks. He looks like he spent all summer sitting on the couch eating potato chips. And maybe he did, but even with a belly he’s still good. Imagine what kind of player he could be if he got into shape if he’s able to play while out of shape.

I don't understand how you think this kid is out of shape. Because he's bulky? Does he need to be as thin as Owens to be in shape? I don't see the kid Huffin or Puffin when he's in the game, so Id say he's in better shape than most.

I agree that he looks in shape.  He should be the official team consultant for putting on weight.  Most of the team, particularly Owens and Yakwe, need to move chips, fried food and pizza to a prominent place on their food pyramid. :) 

« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2017, 03:14:33 PM »
Looks like a new 3rd walk-on sitting on bench.  Short white kid

Jay Camus, played at Archbishop Molloy and Manhattan (one game)

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/jay_camus_1064150.html