Game 2: Central Connecticut State

• 109 replies

Marillac

Re: Game 2: Central Connecticut State
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2017, 09:51:57 PM »
Owens has been very disappointing. 6 and 5 against CCSU? Their center went for 19 and 9 in his second d-1 game. He hasn't gotten better at all and he's running into his own teammates this year.

« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2017, 10:04:06 PM »
Ali B actually stuck his legs out to defend on the in bounds w/ 30 sec left.

Looked ridiculous

Appreciate your input but maybe as important a player as Alibegowitch deserves his own thread? You could discuss his shortcomings at length there and have a back and forth about his positives and negatives and ridiculousnesses and so forth. Because he's a critical player moving forward. Personally I'm hoping he stays for another year or red shirts. What do you say?

I'd much prefer to read your bigeastboards.com  post game analysis, ovservations, notes & misc facts.   :)

Post game quotes

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111417aaa.html
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 10:07:29 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2017, 10:10:38 PM »
Ponds is ridiculous.  Harrison was the best rebounding guard ive seen at sju. He was. 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2017, 10:12:22 PM »
I really enjoy watching all our guards. Ponds, Lovett, Simon & Trimble. That's a good squad.

Poison

« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2017, 10:22:26 PM »
I really enjoy watching all our guards. Ponds, Lovett, Simon & Trimble. That's a good squad.

The first three are obvious, but Trimble is better than he looks. He looks like he spent all summer sitting on the couch eating potato chips. And maybe he did, but even with a belly he’s still good. Imagine what kind of player he could be if he got into shape if he’s able to play while out of shape.

ras

« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2017, 10:50:33 PM »
Not a bad game overall. Lovett and Ponds make a nice duo as we all know. Simon seems like a glue guy. Does a little bit of everything. Defends, rebounds, passes and scores. Clark has to foul less and rebound more. Yakwe had a lot of energy and good body language, but wasn’t too productive. Trimble is strong and an excellent shooter. Plays well for an early season freshman. Going to be a nice 4 year player.  Owens and Bash were OK , but would like to get a little more out of them. Amar can sit on the bench and cheer. Our defense is improving and I like our ball movement.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 10:52:22 PM by ras »

QuanMan

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2017, 11:33:16 PM »
Marcus and Shamorie truly are among the nation's best backcourts, sprinkle in Justin's athleticism and we have a formiddable tandem capable of big things all Winter. Justin is a welcomed addition, just what the doctor ordered. You can see why Malik left now. 

Marcus in particular is so polished offensively, it's undersung through two games on this site, the guy is excellent.

It's the complimentary pieces that need to deliver Thursday night. Sign Greg Williams tomorrow, pick up a major D1 victory Thursday, and we have  some real momentum heading into Orlando next week.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2017, 11:48:00 PM »
Ponds is ridiculous.  Harrison was the best rebounding guard ive seen at sju. He was.

What about Kennedy?

« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2017, 12:05:59 AM »

The first three are obvious, but Trimble is better than he looks. He looks like he spent all summer sitting on the couch eating potato chips. And maybe he did, but even with a belly he’s still good. Imagine what kind of player he could be if he got into shape if he’s able to play while out of shape.
hes the best defensive guard after simon

Marillac

« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2017, 12:44:34 AM »

Hatten.

Rebounding from the guard position is a great indicator of instincts for the game. It's almost always a great sign out a guard.

« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2017, 02:33:56 AM »
Poorly attended. 2k is being generous.  Hopefully free food and games at Taffner will bring some people out on Thurs.

Walden's a human highlight reel. He's worth more than the price of admission alone.

Trimble sighting.

Clark sat seemingly the entire second half and finished with only 17 minutes. He's off a long layoff and needs work.  He should have been allowed to foul out.  I hope that's all it was.

61 and 55 from these non Bcs conference teams is an encouraging trend.  Keeping opponents in the 50's and 60's would be a winning formula for us with our big O.

Been enjoying the new dumpling house across the street.  Location location location.

« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2017, 07:47:38 AM »
Yawke is going to be awful again.

Just give him the role of rebounder and have forget about offense

Johnny23

« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2017, 08:03:43 AM »
Just find some guy from the playgrounds and he'll give better minutes than Yakwe. Non-factor in every way.

« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2017, 08:39:08 AM »
This team is a Justin Brownlee/Burrell, hell even Orlando Sanchez away from being top 3 in the BE. It's too bad we have Yakwe and Alibegovic wasting minutes at the 5.

Poison

« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2017, 08:49:08 AM »
Alibegovic obviously has this year to leave some kind of mark on this program. Rebound young man. That’s all we want. He did have 3 in 5 minutes of play. So, he did improve.

Yakwe is a better defender in the zone. He can’t stay with anyone defensively. It seems he’s learned no post up moves or if he has, he isn’t comfortable making any of them. Why is he posting up if he won’t try to score? He has no plan for when he gets the ball. No instincts and he isn’t being taught.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:51:39 AM by Poison »

Foad

« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2017, 10:21:43 AM »

« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2017, 10:45:38 AM »

What about Kennedy?

A great rebounding forward.

« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2017, 10:47:03 AM »

Hatten.

Rebounding from the guard position is a great indicator of instincts for the game. It's almost always a great sign out a guard.

I’ll take Ponds. And abolsutley, his instincts are off the charts.

ras

« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2017, 11:37:56 AM »
Alibegovic obviously has this year to leave some kind of mark on this program. Rebound young man. That’s all we want. He did have 3 in 5 minutes of play. So, he did improve.

Yakwe is a better defender in the zone. He can’t stay with anyone defensively. It seems he’s learned no post up moves or if he has, he isn’t comfortable making any of them. Why is he posting up if he won’t try to score? He has no plan for when he gets the ball. No instincts and he isn’t being taught.

I give up on Amar. If hes going to camp out at the 3 point line , we dont need him. Not even a good 3 point shooter. Despite the height difference Id rather see Trimble . Much better shooter,perhaps stronger and probably a better rebounder