Nova Game 1

• 121 replies
Re: Nova Game 1
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2018, 11:14:39 PM »
Never really felt like we would win, but that was a terrible call on Ponds. It killed the small chance we had.

Overall, watching Ponds take 28 shots and basically go one on one will get very old, very fast. Guess that is all we have right now.

I actually thought it was a good call.  I thought Bridges had the rebound and Ponds undercut him.

goredmen

« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2018, 11:15:41 PM »
@MarleyPaul22
 33m
33 minutes ago

Chris Mullin said Marcus LoVett in on campus, still rehabbing. Team came to the city a few days early so he wasn’t in attendance today. #sjubb

Haha..... no jumping in SJU shuttle bus to lend team support (even if not on bench but behind it ?  At least Mullin is getting good at PR spin game.

Isn't the school's whole recruiting pitch that the campus isn't far from the heart of Manhattan. That quote makes it sound like the campus is in Somalia

Johnny23

« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2018, 11:21:37 PM »
@MarleyPaul22
 33m
33 minutes ago

Chris Mullin said Marcus LoVett in on campus, still rehabbing. Team came to the city a few days early so he wasn’t in attendance today. #sjubb

Haha..... no jumping in SJU shuttle bus to lend team support (even if not on bench but behind it ?  At least Mullin is getting good at PR spin game.

Isn't the school's whole recruiting pitch that the campus isn't far from the heart of Manhattan. That quote makes it sound like the campus is in Somalia

Lol I was thinking the same thing. Didn't realize it was such a big deal to go from boro to boro.

Poison

« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2018, 11:27:40 PM »
Refs are so bad at reffing basketball it’s insane. That’s a goddamn foul on every basketball court in the world.

Missed a half dozen calls on Brunson. But they are doing the best they can. All of them are too old and need to be replaced by a machine. (Sorry Republicans, but when you’re useless, you’re useless)

« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2018, 11:33:55 PM »
Refs are so bad at reffing basketball it’s insane. That’s a goddamn foul on every basketball court in the world.

Missed a half dozen calls on Brunson. But they are doing the best they can. All of them are too old and need to be replaced by a machine. (Sorry Republicans, but when you’re useless, you’re useless)

They missed a few offensives on Ponds as well though. He likes to hook and push off. He slapped Brunson in the face at one point

« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2018, 11:36:12 PM »
Quote from: SJUhoopNUT
link=topic=10688.msg286610#msg286610 date=1515900355
Never really felt like we would win, but that was a terrible call on Ponds. It killed the small chance we had.

Overall, watching Ponds take 28 shots and basically go one on one will get very old, very fast. Guess that is all we have right now.

I actually thought it was a good call.  I thought Bridges had the rebound and Ponds undercut him.

You should watch it again.

« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2018, 11:36:51 PM »

Marillac

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2018, 11:55:15 PM »

Novody could possibly believe that after seeing it in slow mo. It was an awful call and took away any chance we had to win.

Marillac

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2018, 11:56:54 PM »
Never seen a kid have to do more for his team than Ponds. It's unreal how much better he is than everyone else on this roster.

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2018, 12:01:53 AM »

I did and I take back what I said earlier.

I will say this though,  the possession prior to that they got gift.  Ponds was double teamed fell to the floor and then was tied up with possession to SJU.  Should have been a walk.

Marillac

« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2018, 12:07:54 AM »

I did and I take back what I said earlier.

I will say this though,  the possession prior to that they got gift.  Ponds was double teamed fell to the floor and then was tied up with possession to SJU.  Should have been a walk.

WTF is wrong with you? The refs let Brunson get away with murder and you want to dissect a close call like that after embarrassing yourself in the blatant over the back?

« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2018, 12:11:04 AM »
Never seen a kid have to do more for his team than Ponds. It's unreal how much better he is than everyone else on this roster.
FWIW Calipari says that he tells recruits never go to a school where you will be their best payer.

Poison

« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2018, 12:50:06 AM »
Ahmed really kills this team defensively. When he closes out on a shooter he runs over late like he forgot to add the fabric softener. This was supposed to be his big breakout senior season. He’s just not prepared for it. Minimal improvement if any.

« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2018, 01:07:35 AM »
Per Zach B
Five visitors tonight for St. John's: Zed Key, Lester Quinones, Alan Griffin, R.J. Davis and Adrian Griffin Jr. #sjubb

Marley Paul‏ @MarleyPaul22:
St. Rays sophomore Gary Grant in MSG for St. John’s-Villanova. #sjubb high-upside forward

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 01:08:02 AM by gonzalo »

« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2018, 02:18:30 AM »
Per Zach B
Five visitors tonight for St. John's: Zed Key, Lester Quinones, Alan Griffin, R.J. Davis and Adrian Griffin Jr. #sjubb

Marley Paul‏ @MarleyPaul22:
St. Rays sophomore Gary Grant in MSG for St. John’s-Villanova. #sjubb high-upside forward

Tons of local prospects come to and watch our games. We get almost none of them.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2018, 02:43:02 AM »
Ahmed really kills this team defensively. When he closes out on a shooter he runs over late like he forgot to add the fabric softener. This was supposed to be his big breakout senior season. He’s just not prepared for it. Minimal improvement if any.

Hard to get better when you play for an incompetent coach/coaching staff.

« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2018, 08:38:35 AM »
Fire Mullin.

« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2018, 09:15:33 AM »
Think Trimble should start and bring Simon off the bench

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=871-3XMhtAk

Trimble played 28 mins to Simons 26 and was just as productive. Meathead

« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2018, 09:42:13 AM »
I forget of the poster was on here or redmen who brought it  up and gave insider reasons but I do now think the ref's have an Anti Mullin agenda. Might be subtle at times but I believe it