Game #20 @Georgetown

• 283 replies
Game #20 @Georgetown
« on: January 17, 2018, 03:03:38 PM »
Heading down to DC tomorrow for the weekend with the gf for the St. Johns - Gtown Game....Some xmas gift she got me.... ::)

sitting in Section 109 ...looking for a bar outside the stadium if to have some drinks before the game if anyone is going down and knows of places to go / or wants to meet up before before we potential get our soul crushed at the game let me know.

paultzman

Re: Game #20 @Georgetown
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 03:26:21 PM »
You may see a win.

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 06:02:24 PM »
Heading down to DC tomorrow for the weekend with the gf for the St. Johns - Gtown Game....Some xmas gift she got me.... ::)

sitting in Section 109 ...looking for a bar outside the stadium if to have some drinks before the game if anyone is going down and knows of places to go / or wants to meet up before before we potential get our soul crushed at the game let me know.

I'll be there as well. Not sure of our section yet, but my buddies and I (also stj grads) will be around before. There is a sushi place we go to before Wizards games...could be  an option tho early

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 07:04:49 PM »
I cannot understate what a huge game this is with the chance of revenge. The nation will be holding it's breath to see who comes out on top in this battle of titans in the college basketball world. Is ESPN's College Gameday going to originate from D.C. this Saturday? And let's not forget the battle of the coaching legends that the game will entail. Why it's as if the legendary John Wooden was coming back from the dead to face off against the living legend Mike Krzyzewski.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 07:10:01 PM »
I cannot understate what a huge game this is with the chance of revenge. The nation will be holding it's breath to see who comes out on top in this battle of titans in the college basketball world. Is ESPN's College Gameday going to originate from D.C. this Saturday? And let's not forget the battle of the coaching legends that the game will entail. Why it's as if the legendary John Wooden was coming back from the dead to face off against the living legend Mike Krzyzewski.

Maybe, a one-on-one between the head coaches.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 07:53:33 PM »
You may see a win.

3 places SJU has not won at since the inception of the new BE.  They are 0-5 at Creighton, 0-4 at Villanova and 0-4 at Georgetown I believe.  This might be their best chance to get one of those at Georgetown.

BTW Villanova is laying a beatdown on Georgetown, 63-25, that is not a misprint....
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:29:11 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 08:31:43 PM »
I think I see why people think Patrick Ewing is going to be a great hire, if it weren't for his motivation Georgetown may have lost by 50 tonight. 

TONYD3

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 08:36:07 PM »
I think I see why people think Patrick Ewing is going to be a great hire, if it weren't for his motivation Georgetown may have lost by 50 tonight. 
Patrick looks impressive. I love Patrick. Hate Georgetown

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 08:36:15 PM »

Ha! 

I'm not saying this because of tonight's game, as I've said this all along....  I don't think he's gonna amount to much of a coach there.  He might tease 'em a few games or even for a season, but I just don't believe it's gonna work out.

Poison

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 11:58:05 PM »

This game is meaningless provided St.John’s is still too blind to see the writing on the wall.

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 12:19:33 AM »

This is incredibly premature. He narrowly beat us and DePaul and had the easiest non-conference schedule in d-1. He has arguably more talent than us and definitely has more quality players. Imagine if Mullin started of with a monster like Govan and a handful of juniors and seniors?

Poison

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 04:25:24 AM »

This is incredibly premature. He narrowly beat us and DePaul and had the easiest non-conference schedule in d-1. He has arguably more talent than us and definitely has more quality players. Imagine if Mullin started of with a monster like Govan and a handful of juniors and seniors?

Imagine if Mullin started off at St.John’s with some coaching experience. Mullin is 0-7. That is entirely on him.

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 05:54:23 AM »

Govan is so soft.

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 06:20:07 AM »

I understand that you are pot committed. But these excuses are getting old.

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 09:49:42 AM »

Usually disagree with most of what you post, but that is spot on.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:50:38 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 09:55:15 AM »

The point of my post is no one has any clue at this point either way.  There were people who literally are judging Ewing based on a few minutes of viewing him in a huddle and on the sideline and saying he seems to be more prepared than Mullin.  Just nonsense.

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 09:59:52 AM »

The point of my post is no one has any clue at this point either way.  There were people who literally are judging Ewing based on a few minutes of viewing him in a huddle and on the sideline and saying he seems to be more prepared than Mullin.  Just nonsense.

I am a Mullin guy. If you are going to look / act detached during TO's and in the huddle and you are unsuccessful as he has been it just adds to the criticism. Based of his won / loss record it is a fair criticism as is most anything when you lose this much.

No idea how things work at with Ewing but by looking more engaged he probably will buy himself more time than Mullin has.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:01:02 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 10:01:50 AM »
Two games on SJU's schedule I give them no chance in winning, at Villanova and home to Duke.  Zero.

I am not suggesting they will win against Creighton or Xavier at home, but would it shock you if they split?  Could they go to Butler or Marquette or Providence and maybe steal one?  I think so.  They have the personnel on a given night to beat those teams.

And Georgetown and DePaul even on the road, SJU can not only win those games but at this point they almost have to.  See if they can get to 5-13 or 6-12 and then re-group and push real hard next year.

But man if they lose Saturday...1-17 and 2-16 does come into play.  I do feel like though if they can breakthrough and win Saturday they can go on a mini-run...Beat some decent teams at home and maybe steal a couple on the road.

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 10:03:29 AM »

I am a Mullin guy. If you are going to look / act detached during TO's and in the huddle and you are unsuccessful as he has been it just adds to the criticism. Based of his won / loss record it is a fair criticism as is most anything when you lose this much.

No idea how things work at with Ewing but by looking more engaged he probably will buy himself more time than Mullin has.

Whatever that is just nonsense.  Base it on his shoe color.  You don't attend practices, huddles, you have zero connection to Georgetown and they have done nothing this year yet you want to say these stupid things.  I don't care. 

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 10:06:57 AM »
Win or lose against Georgetown, and we are still going to be under 500 for the season in Mullin's 3rd year.  You finish under 500 in college basketball and you suck, no two ways about it.