Game #20 @Georgetown

• 283 replies

Poison

Re: Game #20 @Georgetown
« Reply #280 on: January 20, 2018, 10:08:13 PM »
Anton Goff‏
@AD_Goff_StJohns
Long bus ride home. Still numb from that game. I tend to remember the tough losses more than the great wins. That’s just me. Will remember this one for a long time. Feel bad for these guys. They play their heart out for each other #sjubb

Nice sentiment.  My only question is this part, " I tend to remember the tough losses more than the great wins."  I'll bite, can someone tell me the last time they had a "great win?"  Heck, how about the last time they had a win....?"  LOL!!!  just kidding....

Iona

« Reply #281 on: January 20, 2018, 10:13:16 PM »
Anton Goff‏
@AD_Goff_StJohns
Long bus ride home. Still numb from that game. I tend to remember the tough losses more than the great wins. That’s just me. Will remember this one for a long time. Feel bad for these guys. They play their heart out for each other #sjubb

Nice sentiment.  My only question is this part, " I tend to remember the tough losses more than the great wins."  I'll bite, can someone tell me the last time they had a "great win?"  Heck, how about the last time they had a win....?"  LOL!!!  just kidding....

Iona

Said a month ago, that Iona would be they only win against an NCAA Tournament team. We shall see

« Reply #282 on: January 20, 2018, 10:33:51 PM »
My God, 0-3 against DePaul and Georgetown this year...

Seriously I would have bet anything that would not be the case this year...

I'm speechless...

Marillac

« Reply #283 on: January 20, 2018, 10:56:06 PM »
I'll say this its funny because certain posters are complaining that other posters keep spewing the same negative stuff and trust me I get it.  It does get old.  But those same posters 10 years ago who essentially ruined redmen.com back then and then went over to BEB and continued posting the SAME INCESSANT anti-Norm stuff starting in year 2.  Jumping on rumors he would be fired after year 3, year 4, year 5....

Now they can't understand why in year 3 of a non-sanctioned rebuild in a different BE some posters might be complaining about an 0-8 start and 8-36 league record in almost 2 1/2 years....? 

Again it does get old, but it sure does make me yearn for the good old days when Norm literally got no slack despite taking over a train wreck ...

Oh you mean when we weren't even old enough to drink? You don't think a decade of life and experiencing three complete rebuilds can influence someone?

Must mean you and Fun, Marillac because I started on BEB.
And another stupid argument anyway. Norm was given 6 years this is year 3 of Mullin. And besides I tried to be creative when I complained about Norm. Tale of Tapes, top 10 lists, nicknames.
Didn't just post over and over Norm sucks, Norm can't coach. Norm sucks. Duhhh. Some of these Mullin posts are like a cry for help.
Really only person who did that was Realfan and he was universally mocked. Like most of you should be.

Just to be clear. Things look terrible for Mullin. I am not sure he actually even coaches the team. If we are bad next year we should go in yet another direction.
However because I like Mullin and because going in another direction means we will suck for longer, I do hope he figures it out next year.

Oh and for the record I signed on BEB for first time right before year 4 of Norm. So there!

And actually Fun was pro Norm to the end so I guess he just means you Marillac.

I assumed he meant mostly me...probably Black Stallion too.
Norm was a disaster. Not only was his 24-84 record at Queens College impossible to ignore, the guy just had no shot at top recruits. His best season came with Jarvis leftovers Showtime and Lamont Hamilton. Lance Stephenson literally had us as a finalist with four separate schools four separate times. Each time a school moved on, he added another. He had zero intention on ever coming here.