Welcome to the Jungle....(New & Old Members introduce yourselves)

• 170 replies

MVRT13

Re: Welcome to the Jungle....(New & Old Members introduce yourselves)
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2011, 04:57:48 AM »
Hello, Gareth Bale EPL Player of the Year! (That's for Guiness)  Had to throw that in there.    Looking forward to the upcoming season.  This past season was great.  Hopefully next year I'll be able to make it stateside to see a game at MSG.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 05:09:45 AM by MVRT13 »

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2011, 05:09:50 AM »
Checking in.

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2011, 09:06:50 AM »
Hi All
New member.  Long time fan and alumni.  Class of 71 School of Pharmacy.  Married class of 72 Ed major.
Go Redmen, the times they are a changing.
Ed O

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2011, 11:57:32 AM »
Hello, Gareth Bale EPL Player of the Year! (That's for Guiness)  Had to throw that in there.    Looking forward to the upcoming season.  This past season was great.  Hopefully next year I'll be able to make it stateside to see a game at MSG.
HAHAHA....wassup.
Very, very POed about yesterday's game. That's about as disappointed I've been supporting that team in years yesterday. I'm a little better today, though.

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2011, 04:22:15 PM »
A fan for 53 years, a 50 year grad from CBA, a former president of the StJ student booster society, and a two year on court stint as mascot in the aboriginal american mascot days. I've attended about 400 StJ games home and away and saw a total of over 1000 games involving the RedStorm starting from the Alan Seiden, Gus Allfieri days. I look forward to at least 500 more before it's over providing this year's new class of  freshmen don't kill me in the process. These guys are good but to quote Coach Lapchick, "the best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores".  Regardless, it should be fun week toweek.  We are...........................St. Johns

paultzman

« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2011, 04:55:38 PM »
Class of 69 checking in!!

« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2011, 11:07:20 PM »
Long time redmen poster.  Not an SJU alum but enjoyed watching/going to games since the Mullin days.

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2011, 11:26:11 AM »
hello to all....very long time fan, coming over from Redmen.com.

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2011, 04:40:32 PM »

Joe class of '70 & '76. Season ticket holder since '69. member of Redman Club and Red/White Club. Been to 99% of all home games until 2003 when I moved to Charlotte. Attended many away games and especially Final Four in Lexington and looking forward to my next final four trip.

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2011, 05:47:31 PM »
Class of 1990... meaning I was a Freshman the year after we went to the Final Four and I thought then that the Redmen would be making that trip on a regular basis... Boy, was I mis-informed.  Looking forward to TCU joining the BE  -  I can watch the Redmen play in Fort Worth (30 mins from where I live now).  Spent a lot of time on redmen.com but glad to have found a new home.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:48:48 PM by TXRedMan »

« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2011, 10:23:25 PM »
Hi all,  I am a long time viewer of this and redmen.com, just don't post much. It looks like in order to view the sight now though you need to register so here I am. This last year was a fantastic run, and as excited as I am for this year, I'm pretty grateful for this past team and their performance and the excitement they brought. Hey, it may be one of the last years were considered an underdog for awhile... :)

paz

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2011, 03:43:19 PM »
Class of 2005...last season was my first time as a season ticket holder since I was a sophomore. Planning to not give them up ever again.

« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2011, 04:10:37 PM »
Class of 2005...last season was my first time as a season ticket holder since I was a sophomore. Planning to not give them up ever again.
Ever? What if Norm comes back someday? :D :D :D

jayro

« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2011, 05:24:13 PM »
I'm Joe on redmen.com-or was-hope to be again, but enjoy this site a great deal as well, and thank you Dave for putting it together.
Became a SJU fan because Louie reminded me of my father-more his mannerisms than looks.  Also, since the college I went to had 600 students-in the middle of Kansas- there wasn't much to look at when it came to basketball. 
Haven't posted much in the past few years-wasn't a lot to talk about for much of that time (save this past year).
Here's to SJU's revival!

paz

« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2011, 06:00:21 PM »
Ever? What if Norm comes back someday? :D :D :D
Shouldn't be a problem--I'm sure his seats will be better than mine.

« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2011, 06:20:24 PM »
I had to sign up for an account in order to read.   I think we should have the option.  I miss my daily redmen news so I had to sign up here in order to read.   I personally think that is unfair, but oh well.  and Why do i have to type in letters to submit a post.   LOL this is a mess.  Password has to be upercase and lowercase, I will never EVER remember this password.  Not even my bank websites require all of that security.   Just ways to improve the site.    I hope redmen.com comes back....

« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2011, 06:42:14 PM »
I had to sign up for an account in order to read.   I think we should have the option.  I miss my daily redmen news so I had to sign up here in order to read.   I personally think that is unfair, but oh well.  and Why do i have to type in letters to submit a post.   LOL this is a mess.  Password has to be upercase and lowercase, I will never EVER remember this password.  Not even my bank websites require all of that security.   Just ways to improve the site.    I hope redmen.com comes back....

If you find it to be such an inconvenience you don't have to read or visit here. I hope that your feelings change and see how and why things are done the way they are here. There are hackers and spammers out there that ruin boards. These are the measures I have to take in order to insure everyone's safety and privacy here. Maybe you fail to realize the time, effort, and resources that are poured to provide you a FREE community to obtain breaking news and discuss various topics/issues about St. John's in a 1st class atmosphere. I really can't believe your audacity to complain.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »

If you find it to be such an inconvenience you don't have to read or visit here. I hope that your feelings change and see how and why things are done the way they are here. There are hackers and spammers out there that ruin boards. These are the measures I have to take in order to insure everyone's safety and privacy here. Maybe you fail to realize the time, effort, and resources that are poured to provide you a FREE community to obtain breaking news and discuss various topics/issues about St. John's in a 1st class atmosphere. I really can't believe your audacity to complain.

Why can't I just read the board and not be a member?  I would read, I tried to sign up for this board 4 times and I finally got through.  I appreciate it being Free and you doing a good job.   Why do you find it necessary to read the board only if you are signed up?  That is my issue.

« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2011, 08:36:54 PM »
Hi Guys, long time reader first time poster, have been following the team from afar (Australia) get to see a few games on the poor limited coverage we have over here but am looking forward to seeing how good all these kids can be next year!

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2011, 04:11:38 PM »
my name is the bob part of kellebob, Pharmacy 75 grad, thanks for giving us our St John's fix