Around Big East

• 3954 replies

MCNPA

Re: Around Big East
« Reply #3300 on: November 15, 2017, 01:33:32 PM »
Were 2-0 :)

We are.. bigger test tomorrow.  Nebraska more talented and more balanced.  Can’t have let-ups if we have tourney hopes.  Gotta build a resume’ Need to step on the gas and keep it on.  Starting season 3-0 would be big for us.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:34:30 PM by MCNPA »

paultzman

« Reply #3301 on: November 15, 2017, 01:33:38 PM »
Agree Paultz.  Plus we still have Yakwe, Owens, Clark.  Add Diakite.  That’s solid, not to mention our backcourt additions.  We will be much deeper and more balanced front to
Back.  Even if we lose guards, we add Dixon, Trumble back, Simon, Williams.  I hope we can keep Ponds.
+1

Poison

« Reply #3302 on: November 15, 2017, 03:29:20 PM »
Alibegovic and Yakwe were better than they were against New Orleans. At least they have begun to show some small improvement. Let’s see what the staff can teach them over the next month.

TONYD3

« Reply #3303 on: November 15, 2017, 03:45:03 PM »
Alibegovic and Yakwe were better than they were against New Orleans. At least they have begun to show some small improvement. Let’s see what the staff can teach them over the next month.
Thought yakwe was awful last night. Amar didn’t play until garbage time. I left soon after he got in. The team improved by playing Trimble more and Amar less.

Marillac

« Reply #3304 on: November 15, 2017, 05:10:37 PM »
I thought Marquette played hard and could beat us.

That's not what I saw. They played Swiss cheese defense and only had three guys who can score. Cheatham has taken a step back. They look primed to finish 7-8.

Our games with them will be toss ups. Both are guard oriented teams with no inside presence whatsoever. Both teams will bomb 3s and whoever makes more will win

The difference is our guards can get to the basket...especially against their guards. This is one of our best chances to sweep, but I think they pull it out at home.

« Reply #3305 on: November 15, 2017, 06:36:02 PM »

Poison

« Reply #3306 on: November 15, 2017, 06:42:22 PM »
Thought yakwe was awful last night. Amar didn’t play until garbage time. I left soon after he got in. The team improved by playing Trimble more and Amar less.

Yakwe had a free throw attempt, a block and a rebound. It’s progress from a certain POV.

MCNPA

« Reply #3307 on: November 15, 2017, 08:23:58 PM »
Seton Hall looks excellentz. Easy tourney team that should advance.  Indiana isn’t great, but they’re playing quite well today and they can’t come close to handling the Hall...

MCNPA

« Reply #3308 on: November 15, 2017, 10:41:37 PM »
Butler ran into a pretty good and very disciplined Maryland team.   That said, they live and die by their outside shooting.  There’s talent at Butler but not overly fast and Kelan Martin found himself way ahead of the rest of the team at times.  They’ll struggle this year overall.  They did a lot of ball-watching on defense, which is uncharacteristic of them...

goredmen

« Reply #3309 on: November 15, 2017, 11:14:12 PM »
Big win for Creighton and the conference @ Northwestern. That kid Alexander on Creighton looked real good

« Reply #3310 on: November 15, 2017, 11:16:32 PM »
what was the injury to their big man? saw him on crutches

goredmen

« Reply #3311 on: November 15, 2017, 11:21:52 PM »

Rolled his ankle pretty bad

Marillac

« Reply #3312 on: November 15, 2017, 11:53:42 PM »

Manny Suarez, the grad transfer center from  Adelphi, chipped in 8 and 5. We could have used him.

Marillac

« Reply #3313 on: November 15, 2017, 11:57:49 PM »
Seton Hall looks excellentz. Easy tourney team that should advance.  Indiana isn’t great, but they’re playing quite well today and they can’t come close to handling the Hall...

SH looks GOOD! They aren't bowing out early in the tournament this season.

« Reply #3314 on: November 15, 2017, 11:59:31 PM »

Manny Suarez, the grad transfer center from  Adelphi, chipped in 8 and 5. We could have used him.
We don't need no stinkin big man!

« Reply #3315 on: November 16, 2017, 12:07:54 AM »

They may not bow out early, but I don't understand how people can speak in such absolutes.  The "wrong" matchup and things not going their way, and they could quickly be eliminated in March.   

« Reply #3316 on: November 16, 2017, 12:11:34 AM »

We don't need no stinkin big man!

Again, I would've taken the big JUCO kid (for 10-15 minutes per outing).  I wished we had also nabbed Hasahn French.  The Billikens hasn't played anyone of significance, but French is averaging 9.5 points and 7 boards during their first two games.

Marillac

« Reply #3317 on: November 16, 2017, 12:32:30 AM »

They may not bow out early, but I don't understand how people can speak in such absolutes.  The "wrong" matchup and things not going their way, and they could quickly be eliminated in March.   

It's a message board, everything should be read to begin with "in my opinion." I have no idea what SH will do. I just think Myles Powell is a back-breaking talent next to Carrington, Desi, and Delgado. I could see the kid ending a few teams seasons in March.

« Reply #3318 on: November 16, 2017, 06:43:42 AM »
St. John’s got Greg Williams, an unranked Big East team beat a ranked Big Ten team on the road and the Knicks won.  All is right in the world again.

« Reply #3319 on: November 19, 2017, 04:12:21 PM »
Providence has a lot of beef in the frontline. I don't know who we have who can guard these guys.
And vice versa. Will they be quick enough to handle us