Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY

• 749 replies

hnk

Re: Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2017, 08:42:40 AM »
Two years ago, he must have gone to five or six games at Alumni Hall.

« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2017, 12:05:13 PM »
concerning about fordham post about not a good mix w/NYC and Dave's comment about lack of drive/focus.

What I was told was that his family was looking for hi m to leave NYC.  And that was a big reason why SJU was no  longer being mentioned.  But I think that is not a big issue now.

SJU79

« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2017, 12:23:40 PM »
I really like this kid...hes long, athletic, can score and play multiple positions.  Know him very well and lets just say  he's matured a lot and we all need to remember how young these kids are. He has the potential to be a terrific defender and brings toughness and attidute(sometimes too much ).  He is a big talent. After the Kante situation I'm out of the prediction biz..so ill GUESS he will be in college next year and that SJU has as good of a chance as anybody.

QuanMan

« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2017, 12:51:24 PM »
Matt Abdelmassih‏Verified account @mabde33  May 3
More
 One 🚪 shuts and another opens. Chance favors the aggressor #life

This tweet now makes sense. Sid is the missing ingredient to next year's tourney run. He provides the sorely needed depth at SF and brings additional length and athleticism. Lock it up Abs!
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2017, 01:10:14 PM »
About Wilson's list...keep in mind Jordan Tucker is deciding between Syracuse and Ga. Tech. I would imagine whoever lands him would most likely take them out of consideration.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2017, 01:31:14 PM »
I'd bet my life savings we don't get him.

« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2017, 01:35:34 PM »
I'd bet my life savings we don't get him.

Cause is in the house omg

Marillac

« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2017, 02:57:41 PM »
More

This tweet now makes sense. Sid is the missing ingredient to next year's tourney run. He provides the sorely needed depth at SF and brings additional length and athleticism. Lock it up Abs!

It's seems you keep classifying Simon exclusively as a guard in arriving at your conclusion that we have no SF depth. SF might be the only position we have two natural and appropriately sized players in 6'5 210 Simon and 6'6 215 Ahmed. I don't think Sid would make any noticeable impact at the  Big East level as a frosh. He could be very good, though, by his soph or junior year.

derk

« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2017, 04:28:11 PM »
More

Wake me up when we win one of these

« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2017, 09:18:27 PM »
Not that I think we're gonna land Wilson, but some dominoes may start falling with Kevin Knox making the call for Kentucky.  Jordan Tucker, who is supposedly down to Syracuse and Georgia Tech (two schools in the picture for Wilson), could end up being two schools on the outside looking in.  Supposedly, Duke will turn it up a notch on Tucker.  Word has it, he will listen.

Jordan is Syracuse's first choice and supposedly they haven't actually been pursuing Wilson as immensely as before.  So, if that's truly the case, then you can expect the Orange to again turn it up a bit on Wilson. By the way, expect some commitments to drag out a few more weeks (ie, Mo Bamba, Tremont Waters, and even Wilson). 
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 09:19:03 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2017, 09:23:41 PM »
Not that I think we're gonna land Wilson, but some dominoes may start falling with Kevin Knox making the call for Kentucky.  Jordan Tucker, who is supposedly down to Syracuse and Georgia Tech (two schools in the picture for Wilson), could end up being two schools on the outside looking in.  Supposedly, Duke will turn it up a notch on Tucker.  Word has it, he will listen.

Jordan is Syracuse's first choice and supposedly they haven't actually been pursuing Wilson as immensely as before.  So, if that's truly the case, then you can expect the Orange to again turn it up a bit on Wilson. By the way, expect some commitments to drag out a few more weeks (ie, Mo Bamba, Tremont Waters, and even Wilson). 

I don't think Tucker is in Duke's plans even without Knox, but I can tell you someone who is plugged into Cuse told me that Cuse has not been going hard after Wilson recently.  Maybe that changes but that is what I was told.

« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2017, 09:45:37 PM »

I don't think Tucker is in Duke's plans even without Knox

Maybe, Duke doesn't extend a scholarship, but I'm hearing it's a possibility.  If they do, Tucker will lend 'em an ear.

but I can tell you someone who is plugged into Cuse told me that Cuse has not been going hard after Wilson recently.

Gotcha!  Maybe, there is some validity to what I was told.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 09:46:37 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2017, 07:58:04 PM »
Turns out Tucker did get his Duke offer today. So most likely that is where he's headed, leaving both Cuse and Ga. Tech still positioned to land Wilson.

« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2017, 08:19:08 PM »
Turns out Tucker did get his Duke offer today. So most likely that is where he's headed, leaving both Cuse and Ga. Tech still positioned to land Wilson.

I am personally giving up on predicting Wilson and Tucker at this point.

paultzman

« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2017, 05:44:48 PM »
Per Zach B
Hearing St John's is firmly in mix for reclassifying wing Sidney Wilson. Visit in works

UCONN & Texas main competition I hear.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 05:56:36 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2017, 07:31:40 PM »
Per Zach B
Hearing St John's is firmly in mix for reclassifying wing Sidney Wilson. Visit in works

UCONN & Texas main competition I hear.

Two teams that were worst than us last year if that anyone wants to find a silver lining.

paultzman

« Reply #116 on: May 09, 2017, 06:31:54 PM »
Visiting SJU Sunday-Monday per Braziller

Wods317

« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2017, 06:37:44 PM »

Any feeling on him paultz?

paultzman

« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2017, 06:42:57 PM »

Like him, but so does UCONN & Texas. Close one I sense.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 06:44:20 PM by paultzman »

Wods317

« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2017, 07:41:44 PM »

Like him, but so does UCONN & Texas. Close one I sense.

Thank you sir.