Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY

• 749 replies

derk

Re: Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY
« Reply #240 on: May 15, 2017, 04:05:31 PM »
Extremely confident with this one.

He's a really, really good shooter for a kid of his size and athletic ability.  He pairs very well with Simon.

Oh no. Not going to get me again. Nice to know but I'll wait for the official announcement. Sid who ?

« Reply #241 on: May 15, 2017, 05:21:35 PM »
After Heron and Kante, I've given up getting to pumped but its good to hear we are in good shape than to hear we have no shot.

Though neither really matter until he announces.

« Reply #242 on: May 15, 2017, 06:07:39 PM »
After Heron and Kante, I've given up getting to pumped but its good to hear we are in good shape than to hear we have no shot.

Though neither really matter until he announces.

Agree, any St Johns fan who has been around for awhile is feeling once bitten, twice shy. Until the kid puts the hat on at the press conference, its all filler.

« Reply #243 on: May 15, 2017, 08:16:31 PM »

He's a really, really good shooter for a kid of his size and athletic ability.  He pairs very well with Simon.
you're also a fellow met fan

Marillac

« Reply #244 on: May 15, 2017, 09:10:45 PM »

I'm confident about their chances as well :) Conforto blossoming into a star is worth all the starters missing a month or two IMO. And Bruce getting playing like an all-star and TJ getting a chance. I'll take it. Look out for us in August and September.

« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2017, 10:19:58 PM »
Is he definitely a '17 kid? If so can we move this thread to that year?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:20:42 PM by stjohnnie75 »

lihoop

« Reply #246 on: May 16, 2017, 08:50:52 PM »
Is he expected to decide this week?

Tiger

« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2017, 07:59:21 AM »

Wods317

« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2017, 09:04:06 AM »
http://orangefizz.net/2017/05/syracuse-is-looking-at-another-season-with-a-short-bench/

'Cuse swooping in at the last minute...

They have been recruiting him for a while and made his final 6. I don't think that is really swooping in last minute.

QuanMan

« Reply #249 on: May 17, 2017, 09:40:41 AM »
http://orangefizz.net/2017/05/syracuse-is-looking-at-another-season-with-a-short-bench/

They have been recruiting him for a while and made his final 6. I don't think that is really swooping in last minute.

Wow losing Lydon to the draft along with Roberson, Gillon and White to graduation puts Cuse at 8 scholarship players. I love that they lost out on Tucker. Even though they have the available minutes I'm not trusting a blogger saying that there might be a outside chance of landing Sid.

They have a very average 2017 recruiting class and are relying on a recovering Chukwu, who was already limited,  to man the paint. Looks like it might be another NIT or worse season for Boeheim who is suddenly without his buddy Hopkins.
Section 3
Section 116

MCNPA

« Reply #250 on: May 17, 2017, 09:57:35 AM »

Wow losing Lydon to the draft along with Roberson, Gillon and White to graduation puts Cuse at 8 scholarship players. I love that they lost out on Tucker. Even though they have the available minutes I'm not trusting a blogger saying that there might be a outside chance of landing Sid.

They have a very average 2017 recruiting class and are relying on a recovering Chukwu, who was already limited,  to man the paint. Looks like it might be another NIT or worse season for Boeheim who is suddenly without his buddy Hopkins.

Hopkins was his lead recruiter too.  Boeheim should have just retired.   It's only going to get harder for him now.

QuanMan

« Reply #251 on: May 17, 2017, 10:43:55 AM »

Hopkins was his lead recruiter too.  Boeheim should have just retired.   It's only going to get harder for him now.

Wish they were on the schedule again this year so we can clobber them again but am happy with our current run of 3-0 over the past 3 years. It carries weight.
Section 3
Section 116

Moose

« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2017, 12:53:56 PM »

I know another team with 8 scholarship players
Remember who broke the Slice news

QuanMan

« Reply #253 on: May 17, 2017, 01:06:15 PM »
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9KsutnWAAY0Vog.jpg:large

Get your facts staight Elk! Elohel.
Section 3
Section 116

paultzman

« Reply #254 on: May 17, 2017, 02:39:58 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/05/17/2017-wing-sid-wilson-visits-uconn-st-johns-texas-next/

Hearing it is still two horse race & Texas visit Zagoria references may not happen. Perhaps a decision will come sooner than later.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 03:12:58 PM by paultzman »

derk

« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2017, 03:55:14 PM »

Wish they were on the schedule again this year so we can clobber them again but am happy with our current run of 3-0 over the past 3 years. It carries weight.

We'll see how much weight it carries after he makes his selection

« Reply #256 on: May 17, 2017, 04:02:26 PM »

We'll see how much weight it carries after he makes his selection

Stuff like that doesn't particularly hold any weight. 

Nevertheless, I surmise Syracuse isn't any threat as I mentioned a couple weeks ago.  As, Paultzman alluded to above, it's probably a two-team race.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:02:55 PM by mjdinkins »

desco80

« Reply #257 on: May 17, 2017, 05:34:12 PM »

I'm confident about their chances as well :) Conforto blossoming into a star is worth all the starters missing a month or two IMO. And Bruce getting playing like an all-star and TJ getting a chance. I'll take it. Look out for us in August and September.

Mr Met himself isn't even confident in the Mets anymore.

SJU79

« Reply #258 on: May 17, 2017, 05:42:57 PM »
He is not going to Texas.

MCNPA

« Reply #259 on: May 17, 2017, 06:16:27 PM »
He is not going to Texas.

I'm waiting for the "he's not going to Yukon"...😉