« Reply #261 on: May 17, 2017, 07:35:23 PM »
He is not going to Texas.

I'm waiting for the "he's not going to Yukon"...😉

Perhaps tune in this weekend.

Definitely will...

Poison

Re: Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY
« Reply #262 on: May 17, 2017, 08:22:16 PM »
http://orangefizz.net/2017/05/syracuse-is-looking-at-another-season-with-a-short-bench/

'Cuse swooping in at the last minute...

They have been recruiting him for a while and made his final 6. I don't think that is really swooping in last minute.

Wow losing Lydon to the draft along with Roberson, Gillon and White to graduation puts Cuse at 8 scholarship players. I love that they lost out on Tucker. Even though they have the available minutes I'm not trusting a blogger saying that there might be a outside chance of landing Sid.

They have a very average 2017 recruiting class and are relying on a recovering Chukwu, who was already limited,  to man the paint. Looks like it might be another NIT or worse season for Boeheim who is suddenly without his buddy Hopkins.

Hopkins was his lead recruiter too.  Boeheim should have just retired.   It's only going to get harder for him now.

2 years ago people thought he was done and then he made the final four.

MCNPA

« Reply #263 on: May 17, 2017, 08:37:44 PM »
http://orangefizz.net/2017/05/syracuse-is-looking-at-another-season-with-a-short-bench/

They have been recruiting him for a while and made his final 6. I don't think that is really swooping in last minute.

Wow losing Lydon to the draft along with Roberson, Gillon and White to graduation puts Cuse at 8 scholarship players. I love that they lost out on Tucker. Even though they have the available minutes I'm not trusting a blogger saying that there might be a outside chance of landing Sid.

They have a very average 2017 recruiting class and are relying on a recovering Chukwu, who was already limited,  to man the paint. Looks like it might be another NIT or worse season for Boeheim who is suddenly without his buddy Hopkins.

Hopkins was his lead recruiter too.  Boeheim should have just retired.   It's only going to get harder for him now.

Yeah but he's been with Hopkins a very long time as a lead recruiter.  I wonder how it will shake out without Hopkins and kids knowing that retirement isn't far in the distance.

Poison

« Reply #264 on: May 17, 2017, 09:49:48 PM »

Yeah but he's been with Hopkins a very long time as a lead recruiter.  I wonder how it will shake out without Hopkins and kids knowing that retirement isn't far in the distance.

Except it is far off in the distance. He's not retiring. My only point is that St.John's fans in particular should know that just because a Boeheim class isn't highly rated doesn't mean that it doesn't have quality players. That is the kind of program that you never sleep on.

MCNPA

« Reply #265 on: May 17, 2017, 10:35:05 PM »

Except it is far off in the distance. He's not retiring. My only point is that St.John's fans in particular should know that just because a Boeheim class isn't highly rated doesn't mean that it doesn't have quality players. That is the kind of program that you never sleep on.

Agree, great program.  Just think it might be different without Hopkins moving forward.  Their class this year isn't very good overall compared to prior years and they lost a lot.   Jury is still out because they definitely compete when all is said and done.  We'd beat them this year again if we played them hands down. 

Wods317

« Reply #266 on: May 17, 2017, 10:58:00 PM »
Uconn board seems to think they have him locked up.

ras

« Reply #267 on: May 17, 2017, 11:39:03 PM »
Supposedly Syd said UCONN bound on some Instagram FWIW. according to the boneyard.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #268 on: May 18, 2017, 01:44:58 AM »
Supposedly Syd said UCONN bound on some Instagram FWIW. according to the boneyard.

Supposedly he also was asked about one of UConn's assistants and he said "he loves him even if he doesn't commit to UConn."  So I'd take that with a huge grain of salt....

Poison

« Reply #269 on: May 18, 2017, 01:59:22 AM »

Agree, great program.  Just think it might be different without Hopkins moving forward.  Their class this year isn't very good overall compared to prior years and they lost a lot.   Jury is still out because they definitely compete when all is said and done.  We'd beat them this year again if we played them hands down. 

It's been tremendously satisfying pounding them, and a long long time coming. Battle at the end of the season was an elite player. Thompson? We'll see what he returns as. I trust the consistent ones. In terms of Hopkins,  Autry and McNamara know the game, too. Let's see who they bring in. I'm curious. And seriously, it's not like we have much to say on recruiting ourselves, except ouch.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:01:40 AM by Poison »

« Reply #270 on: May 18, 2017, 06:53:24 AM »

From what I get from their board, Sid had a Instagram live video that  Uconn asst. coach Dwayne Killings commented on (is that even allowed?) Seems like he had interaction with Uconn players as well. 

Marillac

« Reply #271 on: May 18, 2017, 08:45:55 AM »

From what I get from their board, Sid had a Instagram live video that  Uconn asst. coach Dwayne Killings commented on (is that even allowed?) Seems like he had interaction with Uconn players as well. 

Yeah, he said he wanted "all the hoes in Uconn" to which Jalen commented "commit and I got you." Throw in the coach interaction and there is a problem.

MCNPA

« Reply #272 on: May 18, 2017, 08:46:13 AM »

More than likely from his recent visit, no?

wpc77

« Reply #273 on: May 18, 2017, 08:59:58 AM »

Yeah, he said he wanted "all the hoes in Uconn" to which Jalen commented "commit and I got you." Throw in the coach interaction and there is a problem.

Sounds like a pleasant young man.  Hopefully he doesn't ascribe to the Grady Reynolds method of getting "hoes"

paultzman

« Reply #274 on: May 18, 2017, 10:24:25 AM »
It was mentioned earlier that the kid may want to have a public announcement at some point. Appears he may do so sometime after his Brewster Academy graduation. The good news is he has not scheduled a visit to Texas so far, so the two horse race continues. Like our chances, but we'll see. Tight one!

QuanMan

« Reply #275 on: May 18, 2017, 10:45:53 AM »
It looks like everyone is overreacting to the IG live commentary.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #276 on: May 18, 2017, 10:52:20 AM »
Video means nothing.

:)

QuanMan

« Reply #277 on: May 18, 2017, 10:57:12 AM »
Sid Wilson‏ @Iam_SidWilson  55m55 minutes ago
More
 I Have Not Made A Decision Yet And Will Not Be Making One Until After May 27th

I'd venture that this is to dismiss the overreaction within the past 12 hours, everyone take a deep breath.
Section 3
Section 116

wpc77

« Reply #278 on: May 18, 2017, 11:16:10 AM »
Bamba just committed to Texas, FWIW

« Reply #279 on: May 18, 2017, 11:32:50 AM »
And now st johns fans on Twitter are harassing the kid.
Our fanbase #$%^ing sucks.

It also doesn't f'n help when those same people on twitter are tagging him in comments about how our recruiting sucks.
What is wrong with people. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 11:40:08 AM by KJ_Django »