I see a lot of Moe Harkless

Somewhat but only below the shoulders.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Foad

Re: Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2017, 07:45:10 PM »
Preston Shumpert.

He was slow. Just a 3 point chucker.

Shumpert was twice a first team all BE player, which is pretty good for a slow chucker. He's also eighth on at least one list of the most disappointing players in SU history.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/597438-syracuse-basketball-top-9-most-disappointingoverrated-players-since-1990

Whereas players at SJU who make the BE first team tiwce, their numbers get retired.

Johnny23

« Reply #442 on: May 21, 2017, 07:53:17 PM »
Preston Shumpert.

Shumpert was twice a first team all BE player, which is pretty good for a slow chucker. He's also eighth on at least one list of the most disappointing players in SU history.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/597438-syracuse-basketball-top-9-most-disappointingoverrated-players-since-1990

Whereas players at SJU who make the BE first team tiwce, their numbers get retired.

Whomever wrote that article is clueless. Almost every guy on that list was a solid to very good college player.

« Reply #443 on: May 21, 2017, 07:56:22 PM »

Frankly, I don't see any of these players y'all have mentioned.

I recall some people claiming they saw Walter Berry in Yakwe.  I say they saw and had too many happy hour beverages or need stop with the comparisons. 

I only see Sidney Wilson.   That's it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 08:04:47 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #444 on: May 21, 2017, 08:06:50 PM »

I recall some people claiming they saw Walter Berry in Yakwe.  I say they saw and had too many happy hour beverages or need stop with the comparisons. 

« Reply #445 on: May 21, 2017, 08:09:32 PM »
I see a mix of Lebron and Kurt Rambis

« Reply #446 on: May 21, 2017, 08:21:01 PM »
I see A hybrid of Barry milhavan and Darryl green with a dash of carl Beckett

« Reply #447 on: May 21, 2017, 08:29:05 PM »
gotta get a " like " button for the ones that crack me up like the last 2

Poison

« Reply #448 on: May 21, 2017, 08:42:55 PM »
Preston Shumpert.

Not suggesting that he's better than Shumpert. He's a different kind of player.

Poison

« Reply #449 on: May 21, 2017, 09:37:46 PM »
Someone said CJ Fair. I can see that. He's got that same turn around jumper.

What we can't see is how he plays from the neck up. CJ Fair wasn't the freak athlete this kid is, but he played like a senior when he was a freshman.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:38:29 PM by Poison »

MCNPA

« Reply #450 on: May 21, 2017, 09:50:04 PM »

What we can't see is how he plays from the neck up. CJ Fair wasn't the freak athlete this kid is, but he played like a senior when he was a freshman.

I said CJ Fair, and he was an excellent athlete btw.  And funny thing is I used to have season tickets to the games next to Barry Milhaven at MSG.  He had season tickets forever as well and has been a good fan.

« Reply #451 on: May 21, 2017, 10:09:07 PM »
Btw his recruitment definitely helps with Moses Brown 

Not sure how much it helps but doesn't hurt.

Poison

« Reply #452 on: May 21, 2017, 10:26:18 PM »

I said CJ Fair, and he was an excellent athlete btw.  And funny thing is I used to have season tickets to the games next to Barry Milhaven at MSG.  He had season tickets forever as well and has been a good fan.

I think CJ was a solid athlete, but I don't think he was getting up like Wilson does on YouTube.

« Reply #453 on: May 21, 2017, 10:39:40 PM »
CJ was much more smooth. Sid is more like Jeremi Grant.

Marillac

« Reply #454 on: May 22, 2017, 02:25:21 AM »

He looks a little like every Cuse wing. He's the kind of kid that goes to Cuse as skinny runt and does nothing his first year and a half, looks decent to end his soph year, and then shows up heavier/stronger and a killer as a junior.

He's a good pickup,  it's a little odd how people are making him out to be a star. Ponds and Simon were rated well ahead of him and Yakwe and Lovett right around him.

Moose

« Reply #455 on: May 22, 2017, 07:27:28 AM »

He looks a little like every Cuse wing. He's the kind of kid that goes to Cuse as skinny runt and does nothing his first year and a half, looks decent to end his soph year, and then shows up heavier/stronger and a killer as a junior.

He's a good pickup,  it's a little odd how people are making him out to be a star. Ponds and Simon were rated well ahead of him and Yakwe and Lovett right around him.

It's not odd that people are making him out to be a star.  He's a NY player so SJU fans automatically raise his profile 10 fold.

For the record I like the pickup a lot.  Just pointing out how SJU operate when it comes to hometown players.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #456 on: May 22, 2017, 08:00:59 AM »

Dave, you're right.  Jerami Grant might be perfect comparison.  I thing Wilson has a bit more range at this point, but not quite as strong as Grant.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:03:52 AM by MCNPA »

Marillac

« Reply #457 on: May 22, 2017, 08:04:14 AM »

Dave, you're right.  Jerami Grant might be perfect comparison.  I thing Wilson has a bit more range at this point, but not quite as strong as Grant.

Stop!!!!

MCNPA

« Reply #458 on: May 22, 2017, 08:06:16 AM »

It's not odd that people are making him out to be a star.  He's a NY player so SJU fans automatically raise his profile 10 fold.

For the record I like the pickup a lot.  Just pointing out how SJU operate when it comes to hometown players.

I don't think SJU fans are pumping him up any more than usual..  We are talking about a local player who's ranked in the 60-90 range, which is quite good.   We also beat out some high profile schools for him.  It's a big win for us.   I haven't seen anybody call him Darius Miles. 

I think that everybody envisions a team with a core with this exact type of local player.  Kids like Ponds, Wilson etc.  It's going to be our recipe for success, if we want some sustained success.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:08:59 AM by MCNPA »

MCNPA

« Reply #459 on: May 22, 2017, 08:09:41 AM »

Stop!!!!

You don't like it?  I think it's a lot closer than Shumpert.