Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY

• 749 replies

ras

Re: Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY
« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2017, 08:45:16 PM »
I am officially out of the biz  of saying anything. I couldn't be closer to Bamba and never did I hear Texas. Never.  Now to be clear in no way have I ever implied in the past and especially not here insinuate  anything shady. It's just their is SO much around these kids ... this Wilson situation is beyond bizarre and I'm guessing it will eventually come out. I'll end by saying this... all these kids have worked hard and deserve their announcement moment but ALOT of them, and I'm aware they're kids but ALOT of them need to mature and think a little before they speak/act
I don't know what beyond bizarre specifically means, but I don't like the sound of it. Last comment  on the boneyard, is things are trending their way.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:46:11 PM by ras »

« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2017, 08:47:18 PM »
For those more in the know, at a stage like this with a recruit and decision expected shortly after official visit, clock ticking etc. what type of active follow up & / or giving the kid space to make decision (along with the others involved like parent, coach etc).

Is this truly a keep fingers crossed at this point or is it all hands on deck by coaches ?

Marillac

« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2017, 09:00:10 PM »
For those more in the know, at a stage like this with a recruit and decision expected shortly after official visit, clock ticking etc. what type of active follow up & / or giving the kid space to make decision (along with the others involved like parent, coach etc).

Is this truly a keep fingers crossed at this point or is it all hands on deck by coaches ?

He's already decided and wants to make a big deal about announcing after he graduates later this month. This is the time when some coaches get desperate and make 11th hour promises (playing time, starting, position, etc.), which is why these things are never definite until the signature.

Poison

« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2017, 11:30:17 PM »
Sid Wilson‏ @Iam_SidWilson  15m15 minutes ago
More
Replying to @brandersen631 @DannyBoyBronx @kgrogan07
I don't know who you are but my future doesn't depend on a comment on Instagram. Stay in your lane fam

This kid Exiled Redman @brandersen631 is the worst on Twitter.

Awful, makes the fans look bad.

Every program has fans that do that. St.John's fans just need to remember to leave the recruiting to the experts. You know, the St.John's coaching staff.

« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2017, 08:42:46 AM »
Announcing tomorrow at 6 pm per Zags.

MCNPA

« Reply #305 on: May 19, 2017, 09:08:23 AM »
Paultzman said "stay tuned" for this weekend...   :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:18:02 AM by MCNPA »

lihoop

« Reply #306 on: May 19, 2017, 10:24:56 AM »
His play reminds me of Malik Sealy

Poison

« Reply #307 on: May 19, 2017, 10:28:30 AM »
His play reminds me of Malik Sealy

It saddens me that when I Google "Malik Sealy St.John's" very little content appears. He was so much better than the average fan thinks.

« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2017, 10:38:54 AM »
👍👍👍👍

« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2017, 10:39:17 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/05/19/2017-wing-sid-wilson-announce-saturday/

His father broke down all three schools:

St. Johns: “St. John’s, of course, he’s home and he’d be playing in front of all his family and friends [from The Bronx]. That’s a dimension that they offer that no one else can. And the coaching staff has really been nice and showing him a lot of attention. Chris Mullin and Mitch Richmond, they bring a different element with that NBA experience and GM connection. They just got a plan for Sid, a three-year plan for him to get his degree and get him to the league.”

paultzman

« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2017, 10:49:01 AM »

derk

« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2017, 10:52:37 AM »

He's already decided and wants to make a big deal about announcing after he graduates later this month. This is the time when some coaches get desperate and make 11th hour promises (playing time, starting, position, etc.), which is why these things are never definite until the signature.

This is when we seem to lose more then our fair share of the time. Is this some kind of deficiency that can be eliminated or just bad pot luck.

Moose

« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2017, 10:54:35 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/05/19/2017-wing-sid-wilson-announce-saturday/

His father broke down all three schools:

St. Johns: “St. John’s, of course, he’s home and he’d be playing in front of all his family and friends [from The Bronx]. That’s a dimension that they offer that no one else can. And the coaching staff has really been nice and showing him a lot of attention. Chris Mullin and Mitch Richmond, they bring a different element with that NBA experience and GM connection. They just got a plan for Sid, a three-year plan for him to get his degree and get him to the league.”

We are telling kids up front they can be gone in 3 years?
LOL
Remember who broke the Slice news

derk

« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2017, 10:56:36 AM »
👍👍👍👍

Dink,

You don't usually come on so strong. I don't want to feel overconfident. Is your opinion in any way connected to his moving up his announcement date ?

derk

« Reply #314 on: May 19, 2017, 10:58:14 AM »
👍👍👍👍

+1

Paultz,

Does your 4 thumbs up have anything to do with his moving up the announcement date ?

« Reply #315 on: May 19, 2017, 11:00:31 AM »
👍👍👍👍

Dink,

You don't usually come on so strong. I don't want to feel overconfident. Is your opinion in any way connected to his moving up his announcement date ?

Per recent Intel.

lihoop

« Reply #316 on: May 19, 2017, 11:07:03 AM »
Ironic how Malik passed away on May 20, 2000

« Reply #317 on: May 19, 2017, 11:18:13 AM »

Wow that is quite a coincidence as SW does remind me of MS also but I doubt SW is as strong an inside player or rebounder as MS and that is no knock as Malik was tremendous for his size and weight. He was a handful for Alonzo morning back in the day. Malik was a great player and a better person. RIP
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:19:39 AM by Celtics11 »

Poison

« Reply #318 on: May 19, 2017, 11:19:22 AM »

That's downright spooky.

Poison

« Reply #319 on: May 19, 2017, 11:26:09 AM »
Wilson will pick St.John's and then 15 minutes later we'll find out that he's not eligible to play.

How will everyone be spending their 15 minutes of bliss?