Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY

• 749 replies

Moose

Re: Sid Wilson, SF, St. Raymond's HS Bronx, NY
« Reply #340 on: May 19, 2017, 02:24:17 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/05/19/2017-wing-sid-wilson-announce-saturday/

His father broke down all three schools:

St. Johns: “St. John’s, of course, he’s home and he’d be playing in front of all his family and friends [from The Bronx]. That’s a dimension that they offer that no one else can. And the coaching staff has really been nice and showing him a lot of attention. Chris Mullin and Mitch Richmond, they bring a different element with that NBA experience and GM connection. They just got a plan for Sid, a three-year plan for him to get his degree and get him to the league.”

We are telling kids up front they can be gone in 3 years?
LOL

Why laughing ? Great strategy and with all our kids seemingly thinking they should leave after one initially, focusing on three is good.  Duke does the same thing about graduating.

And Duke is known in a different light when compared to SJU in terms of academics.  Most players struggle to graduate in 4 or 5 years let alone 3 years.

As for the NBA angle sure go ahead and promise kids that.  I guess its better than 1 and 2 year players.  But I'd rather not plant the seed.  Because most will feel I'm better than 3 years and it gets moved up to 2. 

I know a lot of crap is promised during recruiting.  Personally I think this specifically is a poor pitch.
Remember who broke the Slice news

QuanMan

« Reply #341 on: May 19, 2017, 02:26:59 PM »
Sid's been camping out in Carnesecca since he was 15, BX bred, keep the city talent home, WE ARE!!!!
Section 3
Section 116

MCNPA

« Reply #342 on: May 19, 2017, 03:26:53 PM »
Read the uconn board.   Those guys are insane with conspiracy theories.  Anybody who thought we had a few crazy fans hasn't read that board...

« Reply #343 on: May 19, 2017, 03:35:11 PM »
Read the uconn board.   Those guys are insane with conspiracy theories.  Anybody who thought we had a few crazy fans hasn't read that board...

I take it that's what happens when you go from borderline blue blood to...whatever they are now.

The American absolutely crushed them much like it did Memphis.

ras

« Reply #344 on: May 19, 2017, 03:47:36 PM »
Following these kids recruiting can make you crazy.

goredmen

« Reply #345 on: May 19, 2017, 04:01:42 PM »
This kind of feels like the last days of the Whitehead recruitment. Parents/coaches close to the kid leaking info saying they are heavy lean to one school to get what they want from the other one.

Assuming the guy on the Yukon board actually got inside info saying he's theirs, somebody is getting fake news

MCNPA

« Reply #346 on: May 19, 2017, 05:13:11 PM »
Following these kids recruiting can make you crazy.

No, these folks are real crazy.  Half of em already believe that Wilson's parents have Sid hostage, and that it's absolutely clear he wants to go to Uconn.    That somehow if Sid chooses SJU tomorrow, he's being held against his will by parents and/or coaches, to choose uconn.   It's quite hysterical...

« Reply #347 on: May 19, 2017, 05:49:36 PM »
Be very surprised, very surprised if he doesn't commit to SJU tomorrow.

Wods317

« Reply #348 on: May 19, 2017, 06:25:07 PM »

So crazy that both sides are saying the same thing for their school. Guess we will see, thanks for sharing.

« Reply #349 on: May 19, 2017, 06:35:32 PM »

So crazy that both sides are saying the same thing for their school. Guess we will see, thanks for sharing.

My source isn't anyone on the staff although they are confident.

Read that quote in the Zags article by his dad and then read it again and then again.....

« Reply #350 on: May 19, 2017, 06:41:40 PM »
All filler until The Kid puts on the hat at the press conference.

Lance Stephenson, Sylvan Landsberg, Jermaine Lawrence, Corey Fischer, and on and on. We'll just have to wait.

MCNPA

« Reply #351 on: May 19, 2017, 06:46:04 PM »

Our fans aren't doing any of that actually...  we are much more grounded with this one.

derk

« Reply #352 on: May 19, 2017, 07:38:56 PM »
Quote from: Wods317

link=topic=8929.msg276232#msg276232 date=1495232707

Our fans aren't doing any of that actually...  we are much more grounded with this one.

Because we've been burned a lot more then they have. Don't know if I can take Kante and Wilson so close together

« Reply #353 on: May 19, 2017, 10:47:53 PM »
If we land Wilson does that hinder our chances at Luther at all?

Why would it?
Because some St.John's fans think there is a quota on how many good basketball players we can have on the team at any one time and it is a very low number.

Wods317

« Reply #354 on: May 19, 2017, 10:51:17 PM »

Why would it?
Because some St.John's fans think there is a quota on how many good basketball players we can have on the team at any one time and it is a very low number.

Good players want to play with other good players. Landing Sid would only helps us with the 2018 kids. As far a Luther I believe he is a guard so they would play together a lot and I don't think Luther is worried about a little competition anyway.

« Reply #355 on: May 20, 2017, 09:59:38 AM »

Why would it?

Good players want to play with other good players. Landing Sid would only helps us with the 2018 kids. As far a Luther I believe he is a guard so they would play together a lot and I don't think Luther is worried about a little competition anyway.

They also play different positions. Bigger question would be if it effects Boubacar Diakite. But with Ahmed leaving, he can step right in and have an immediate role.

Wods317

« Reply #356 on: May 20, 2017, 01:40:28 PM »
Still 6pm today announcement?

« Reply #357 on: May 20, 2017, 02:16:30 PM »

He reclassified. He's back in 7th grade again

Wods317

« Reply #358 on: May 20, 2017, 02:24:17 PM »

Thanks for nonsensical answer. There was a bunch of reports he may not announce today.

goredmen

« Reply #359 on: May 20, 2017, 02:33:53 PM »

Thanks for nonsensical answer. There was a bunch of reports he may not announce today.

Take it easy on Baldi today. He's having a rough day because something good might happen to the St John's basketball program