Harkless Prepares for Breakout Year

• 92 replies
Re: Harkless Prepares for Breakout Year
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2017, 01:34:13 PM »
Actually i find it a selfish act and not at all team oriented but i guess that is to be expected in today's day and age. Guess because he is an ex-Johnnie he gets a pass.

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »
Actually i find it a selfish act and not at all team oriented but i guess that is to be expected in today's day and age. Guess because he is an ex-Johnnie he gets a pass.

They already secured the 8 seed. Nothing could change. Also, if the GM was good he could tell Mo he would honor the bonus and for him to go play however he wants tonight.

Moose

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2017, 01:42:01 PM »

Oh you wouldn't do it?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2017, 01:46:12 PM »
That would have been a good move by the GM but since he didn't do it play the game straight up with first priority to win. Wasn't just one game but a series of games. Oh well, I guess the quaint notion to play to win the game is a thing of the past. Used to be huge Knick and NBA fan until this year when all the BS finally totally during me off.

They already secured the 8 seed. Nothing could change. Also, if the GM was good he could tell Mo he would honor the bonus and for him to go play however he wants tonight.

« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2017, 02:35:00 PM »
That would have been a good move by the GM but since he didn't do it play the game straight up with first priority to win. Wasn't just one game but a series of games. Oh well, I guess the quaint notion to play to win the game is a thing of the past. Used to be huge Knick and NBA fan until this year when all the BS finally totally during me off.

Moe not taking and missing a few threes might have ended up winning them a few games.

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2017, 02:39:25 PM »

Moe not taking and missing a few threes might have ended up winning them a few games.

He hasn't shot one in the last 4 games (one he did not play in). They won all three games except the last one against New Orleans but once again the game didn't matter.

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2017, 06:22:00 PM »

He hasn't shot one in the last 4 games (one he did not play in). They won all three games except the last one against New Orleans but once again the game didn't matter.
If the game doesn't matter than don't show up and don't play. If you bother to show up and do play than play to win the damn game short of killing yourself of course.

NYCoffey

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2017, 07:07:14 PM »
Sheesh. You bust your balls in college making no money and come up into the NBA rank. Some nice person writes a clause like that in you contract that is worth 500k (don't know you celts but I think it's a shit ton of extra money for most people) and he supposed to win a meaningless game and lose 500k. Shit, I would do it over and over again. How long do you think MO's shelf life is.  He's got another 3-6 years of making big money so he should take that 500k. Why would you put that in a contract. Performance based contracts work both ways so I'm glad he took advantage.

« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2017, 07:47:40 PM »
Sheesh. You bust your balls in college making no money and come up into the NBA rank. Some nice person writes a clause like that in you contract that is worth 500k (don't know you celts but I think it's a shit ton of extra money for most people) and he supposed to win a meaningless game and lose 500k. Shit, I would do it over and over again. How long do you think MO's shelf life is.  He's got another 3-6 years of making big money so he should take that 500k. Why would you put that in a contract. Performance based contracts work both ways so I'm glad he took advantage.

100%. 500k is on the line. No one is shooting that 3...

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2017, 08:00:24 PM »

Well I'm just not going to celebrate and applaud him for it. You guys can go to games and cheer way to go passing up that three, or great move passing up that layup and passing back to a teammate to try for that assist to pad your assist stats.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:01:28 PM by Celtics11 »

« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2017, 08:34:37 PM »

Well I'm just not going to celebrate and applaud him for it. You guys can go to games and cheer way to go passing up that three, or great move passing up that layup and passing back to a teammate to try for that assist to pad your assist stats.
If you don't like it, blame the management for putting it in his contract. He's doing his job, and his employer incentivized him to not take that three, so he didn't do it. Simple as that.

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2017, 09:24:09 AM »
There have been rumors about the Knicks looking to acquire one of Portland's 3 first round picks this year. Portland is trying to unload contracts and it looks like Moe has been discussed as possibly being involved. Would be cool to have him come home and play at the Garden again.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19513139/new-york-knicks-discuss-trade-portland-trail-blazers-first-round-pick

QuanMan

« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2017, 09:51:53 AM »
There have been rumors about the Knicks looking to acquire one of Portland's 3 first round picks this year. Portland is trying to unload contracts and it looks like Moe has been discussed as possibly being involved. Would be cool to have him come home and play at the Garden again.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19513139/new-york-knicks-discuss-trade-portland-trail-blazers-first-round-pick

Moe has one of the best contracts on that roster. He's a steal at 40M. For Knick fans that article is simply click bait. They don't have the assets to acquire a 1st rounder besides Hernangomez, who they shouldn't deal.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2017, 10:04:17 AM »
I thought it was clickbait to at first but if we could somehow get rid of melo and get moe and turner or crabbe and even the 26th pick it would be an amazing deal for the knicks. Unfortunately we are talking about the knicks...

QuanMan

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2017, 10:09:33 AM »
Portland is looking to shed cap to avoid a stiff luxury tax bill. Crabbe, Leonard, Aminu, Ezeli and Ed Davis all come off the bench and make more than him annually. Meanwhile Moe starts and makes significantly less, it's clickbait for NYers. I want him here as well trust me, but it's not going down.
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2017, 10:30:44 AM »
Yeah i dont think so either. I just hope there not looking to move KP. It would be nice if the knicks can get him and fleece someone for once though

goredmen

« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2017, 02:44:35 PM »
Sounds like there's a strong chance Harkless will be a Knick soon as part of the Melo trade. Poor guy

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2017, 03:58:01 PM »
Sounds like there's a strong chance Harkless will be a Knick soon as part of the Melo trade. Poor guy

Its not like Portland is gonna compete for a championship anytime soon. If Knicks can get Moe back in a melo trade then that is a steal for them as far as im concerned.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2017, 05:34:50 PM »

Nothing against Portland, but who wouldn't rather play in NYC?

Poison

« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2017, 05:44:20 PM »

Nothing against Portland, but who wouldn't rather play in NYC?

Portland isn't Oklahoma City, Indianapolis or Detroit.