Moses Brown - C - Archbishop Molloy (NY)

• 166 replies

QuanMan

Re: Moses Brown - C - Archbishop Molloy (NY)
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2017, 02:32:39 PM »
To me the elephant in the room when it comes down to Moses' recruitment is the notion that he considers himself a one and done prospect while anyone who watches his game thinks the opposite.

It'll be interesting to see how CM, who as a NBA front office executive for decades and straight shooter, either appeases Moses' grandiose ideas or lays out the facts knowing the repercussions of a honest evaluation. It probably falls in a middle ground where a projected workout and conditioning program will fast forward his track to the league. Obviously the NY media and exposure pitch is already ongoing.

After watching him in person twice this year, it's obvious that he is not Kevin Garnett or even Tyson Chandler as a 16 year old. However his sound fundamentals, solid shooting form, and feathery touch for someone his height are appealing. He really needs to put on weight and muscle and massively improve his rebounding prowess before he even steps on a college floor, nevermind NBA however.
Section 3
Section 116

Wods317

« Reply #121 on: June 01, 2017, 02:39:22 PM »
To me the elephant in the room when it comes down to Moses' recruitment is the notion that he considers himself a one and done prospect while anyone who watches his game thinks the opposite.

It'll be interesting to see how CM, who as a NBA front office executive for decades and straight shooter, either appeases Moses' grandiose ideas or lays out the facts knowing the repercussions of a honest evaluation. It probably falls in a middle ground where a projected workout and conditioning program will fast forward his track to the league. Obviously the NY media and exposure pitch is already ongoing.

After watching him in person twice this year, it's obvious that he is not Kevin Garnett or even Tyson Chandler as a 16 year old. However his sound fundamentals, solid shooting form, and feathery touch for someone his height are appealing. He really needs to put on weight and muscle and massively improve his rebounding prowess before he even steps on a college floor, nevermind NBA however.

I don't think this is an issue at all. A lot of kids think they are one and one done, some are and a lot aren't. If he plays one season and plays great for us and goes to the NBA then that will help with future recruiting and could helps us compete for NCAA bid. If he isn't a one and done then maybe he stays 2-3 years and becomes a big contributor for us. Don't see the downside or any issue with either scenario.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 02:39:54 PM by Wods317 »

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #122 on: June 01, 2017, 02:41:51 PM »

I think he has a good chance to be a one and done on potential alone. IMO he's ahead of Justin Patton at the same age. He obviously will need to produce like Patton did at Creighton, but if he could be a potential mid first rounder in the strong 2017 draft then I can see Moses going in the first in a much weaker 2018 NBA draft. It would do him very well to bulk up. He's listed at 210 which is way too skinny for someone his size. If he can get up to 230ish which is what Patton in listed as nowadays then he could be a real force.

« Reply #123 on: June 01, 2017, 02:51:24 PM »

I think he has a good chance to be a one and done on potential alone. IMO he's ahead of Justin Patton at the same age. He obviously will need to produce like Patton did at Creighton, but if he could be a potential mid first rounder in the strong 2017 draft then I can see Moses going in the first in a much weaker 2018 NBA draft. It would do him very well to bulk up. He's listed at 210 which is way too skinny for someone his size. If he can get up to 230ish which is what Patton in listed as nowadays then he could be a real force.

Although, Patton only played one season at Creighton, he was actually a redshirt freshmen.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2017, 02:57:01 PM »

Although, Patton only played one season at Creighton, he was actually a redshirt freshmen.

I know that was part of why I said the same age. Patton was more physically mature as a freshman because he was already a year removed from HS and had been working out at Creighton for a year. Obviously Brown won't redshirt, but coming out of HS I prefer Brown to Patton is what I'm saying.

sju89tr

« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2017, 03:54:37 PM »
Moses Brown is the type of kid that was our bread and butter during the Louie days, lots of NYC kids left but Louie always got his share. I don't think we land him but it would be nice   

« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2017, 11:16:28 AM »
Sounds like he likes Duke a lot.

Wods317

« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2017, 12:20:40 PM »
Gotta be in it to win it. I'm sure he is still a long shot but the fact that he mentioned Sid can't hurt and we are obviously still in the mix to some extent.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:20:55 PM by Wods317 »

« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2017, 12:57:15 PM »
Krysten Peek predicts the Johnnies....

Where he will be: The highest-ranked player on the Under Armour circuit, Brown should be in the Atlanta area with his club team New Heights for this week’s Under Armour Finals. He’ll also hit events like UA All-America Camp.

Who is involved: Brown hasn’t cut down his list at all and has the likes of Arizona, Connecticut, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, St. John’s and many more chasing.

Pre-live period prediction: Kentucky (Evans, McDonald), Kansas (Bossi), St. John's (Peek)

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/preview-and-player-predictions-july-recruiting-period

« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2017, 03:40:28 PM »
Krysten Peek predicts the Johnnies....

Where he will be: The highest-ranked player on the Under Armour circuit, Brown should be in the Atlanta area with his club team New Heights for this week’s Under Armour Finals. He’ll also hit events like UA All-America Camp.

Who is involved: Brown hasn’t cut down his list at all and has the likes of Arizona, Connecticut, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, St. John’s and many more chasing.

Pre-live period prediction: Kentucky (Evans, McDonald), Kansas (Bossi), St. John's (Peek)

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/preview-and-player-predictions-july-recruiting-period
Hopefully he is at the PEEK of the prognosticators!
See Naz Reid has all 4 predicting LSU. Must have some leftover football money to give out.

SJU79

« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2017, 04:32:13 PM »
I would be surprised if Moses ends up at Kentucky

paultzman

« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2017, 03:05:16 PM »
https://twitter.com/jdemling/status/885935872021082113

Louisville has seemingly honed in on is Briarwood, N.Y., big man Moses Brown, who ranks as the No. 2 center prospect in the '18 class by Scout.com. He check in as the No. 6 prospect overall.

"They have made me a priority," Brown said. "They're definitely coming after me hard and telling me they want me.
"(Rick Pitino) has told me that he wants me to come in and make an immediate impact."

The 7-foot Brown said he's "paying attention" to the schools that really want him by seeing what coaches are watching his New Heights AAU team at the Under Armour finals. He'll attend the Under Armour camp in Philadelphia next weekend.

And then he said he has some things to do.
"I have not gotten around to cutting my list just yet," he said. "I'll probably do that after the summer.
"I want to get to visit some schools. But I don't have anything set up right now."
Brown has dozens of college scholarship offers, while U of L, Indiana, Maryland, Duke, Kentucky, St. John's and Arizona are the schools that he said are showing him a ton of interest.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:13:28 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2017, 04:01:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/jdemling/status/885935872021082113

Louisville has seemingly honed in on is Briarwood, N.Y., big man Moses Brown, who ranks as the No. 2 center prospect in the '18 class by Scout.com. He check in as the No. 6 prospect overall.

"They have made me a priority," Brown said. "They're definitely coming after me hard and telling me they want me.
"(Rick Pitino) has told me that he wants me to come in and make an immediate impact."

The 7-foot Brown said he's "paying attention" to the schools that really want him by seeing what coaches are watching his New Heights AAU team at the Under Armour finals. He'll attend the Under Armour camp in Philadelphia next weekend.

And then he said he has some things to do.
"I have not gotten around to cutting my list just yet," he said. "I'll probably do that after the summer.
"I want to get to visit some schools. But I don't have anything set up right now."
Brown has dozens of college scholarship offers, while U of L, Indiana, Maryland, Duke, Kentucky, St. John's and Arizona are the schools that he said are showing him a ton of interest.

\

I heard Pitino will let Brown sniff his fingers. 

« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2017, 03:27:31 PM »
www.fanragsports.com/cbb/zagoria-7-foot-...high-school-college/

It appears that Moses Brown will take one of two paths in the next couple of months.

Either the 7-foot-1 center from Queens, N.Y., will remain at Archbishop Molloy High School in Briarwood, N.Y., and help the Stanners challenge for New York City Catholic League and New York State Federation titles in 2018 … or he will become the latest prep star to leave New York and transfer to a national high school powerhouse, such as IMG Academy (Fla.), Montverde Academy (Fla.) or Oak Hill Academy (Va.)

Foad

« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2017, 08:38:55 AM »
www.fanragsports.com/cbb/zagoria-7-foot-...high-school-college/

It appears that Moses Brown will take one of two paths in the next couple of months.

"Either the 7-foot-1 center from Queens, N.Y., will remain at Archbishop Molloy  … or he will ... transfer"

Breaking news: Brown will either stay where he is or go somewhere else. Tune in next week for our exciting conclusion.

« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2017, 02:51:20 PM »
The thing about top 10 rising senior Moses Brown is that you have to be willing to be in it for the long haul with him. What I mean is that at this point the mobile 7-footer is a bit inconsistent but the potential long term payoff is considerable.

I'll be real interested to see how Brown looks after some time in a college weight room. The key for Brown is going to be picking a place that has proven to play through their big men for long stretches.

St. John's, Kansas, Kentucky, Connecticut, Maryland, Minnesota, Florida, Arizona, Louisville, Arizona and UCLA are among those giving heavy chase.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-takeaways-vegas-friday

« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2017, 04:57:34 PM »
In good shape with the Molloy boy

« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2017, 05:54:09 PM »
wow... pleasantly surprised.... figured we'd eventually fade.

cjfish

« Reply #139 on: August 05, 2017, 09:21:52 AM »
Hopefully you are right.  At UK or Duke he is one of many, at SJU he will be THE MAN in NYC and the Garden. Hope this is his thinking.