Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI - ST. JOHN'S

• 83 replies

paultzman

Re: Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2016, 05:34:52 PM »
I'm not sure who brought the muzzle but whoever has it please give it to Scheppy.

Scheppy may be fading a tad in quest for poster of year I suspect. :)

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2016, 05:57:55 PM »
Not sure if anyone knows, but Scheppy is an SJU grad

Foad

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2016, 06:14:01 PM »
Not sure if anyone knows, but Scheppy is an SJU grad

Go Hawks!

Marillac

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2016, 06:18:58 PM »
I'm not sure who brought the muzzle but whoever has it please give it to Scheppy.

That's no way to treat an alumnus 😂

Marillac

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2016, 06:27:17 PM »
Is it me or is this board not as excited about this commit as it should be?  Is it because folks are upset about Slice and are reluctant to tip their hats to a Matt recruit so soon?  I'm upset about Slice as well, but this seems like a really good start for 2018.  Thoughts?

I came twice, I just didn't want to brag.

You're not alone:

Zach B
Also hard

Poison

« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2016, 09:08:05 PM »
Is it me or is this board not as excited about this commit as it should be?  Is it because folks are upset about Slice and are reluctant to tip their hats to a Matt recruit so soon?  I'm upset about Slice as well, but this seems like a really good start for 2018.  Thoughts?

The board is excited. It's definitely good news, and it broke a steak of what could be considered bad news. Personally, I'm not sad over losing a coach that accomplished nothing here. F him. That POS didn't deserve to get his name in the local paper when his contract was bought out. It's barely even news.

ras

Re: Boubacar Diakite, SF, OSNA, LI - ST. JOHN'
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2016, 09:47:43 PM »
I'm no

The board is excited. It's definitely good news, and it broke a steak of what could be considered bad news. Personally, I'm not sad over losing a coach that accomplished nothing here. F him. That POS didn't deserve to get his name in the local paper when his contract was bought out. It's barely even news.
I'm not as peeved at Slice as you are. But, it does seem that Matt did the heavy lifting .
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 09:49:37 PM by ras »

Poison

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2016, 10:44:46 PM »
I'm no

I'm not as peeved at Slice as you are. But, it does seem that Matt did the heavy lifting .

I'm not peeved at Slice for failing, which he clearly did. I'm peeved at him for quitting.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:40:31 PM by Poison »

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2016, 01:01:18 AM »
Did he quit or was he canned?

derk

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2017, 01:14:48 PM »
So how is our recruit Boubacar doing this year. Is he still our recruit ?

Wods317

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2017, 02:33:03 PM »
http://elevatehoops.com/portfolio/1on1-with-julius-kim-boubacar-diakite/

I like what the kid has to say about the school. Does anyone know how good this kid is? Is he a project or the kind of kid who can contribute day one. I like his size and the fact that he loves to rebound but he also mentions how he plays as more of a guard which is odd for a 6'8 player.

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2017, 03:46:47 PM »

I like what the kid has to say about the school. Does anyone know how good this kid is? Is he a project or the kind of kid who can contribute day one. I like his size and the fact that he loves to rebound but he also mentions how he plays as more of a guard which is odd for a 6'8 player.

Had offers from Seton Hall, Pitt, Rutgers

ras

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2017, 04:35:53 PM »

I think he is a project. But it seems he can rebound , which is something we need.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2017, 10:11:16 PM »
Marley Paul‏ @MarleyPaul22  53 minutes ago
AAU Programming Note for #sjubb:2018 verbal commit Boubacar Diakite no longer with the PSA Cardinals, but remains on EYBL w/ NY Lightning.

paultzman

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2017, 06:33:16 PM »
Per Zach B
2018 commit Boubacar Diakite will take official to St. John's this weekend, per source.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 06:37:13 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2017, 06:43:03 PM »
OSNA scares me on academics and the NCAA let alone a kid clearing after he re-classifies...