Making a Murderer (Contains Spoilers)

• 11 replies
Making a Murderer (Contains Spoilers)
« on: January 12, 2016, 10:38:36 PM »
Wanted to start a discussion thread on this. Who's seen it? Do you think he's guilty or innocent? If innocent who did it?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

Re: Making a Murderer (Contains Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 11:11:01 PM »
Wanted to start a discussion thread on this. Who's seen it? Do you think he's guilty or innocent? If innocent who did it?

The documentary was obviously slanted and didn't include all the bad facts against Avery, but I feel very confident he didn't do it.

I think it was the ex. He got really weird when asked about the victim living with a dude and the victim's boss said she was getting harassing calls and texts. And how shady is it that he hacks her phone and voicemail and likely deleted messages after she disappeared.

I'm mostly just upset that they don't let Old Red, I mean Steve Avery, post on JJ from prison anymore.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:13:50 PM by Marillac »

Wods317

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 11:53:24 PM »

The documentary was obviously slanted and didn't include all the bad facts against Avery, but I feel very confident he didn't do it.

I think it was the ex. He got really weird when asked about the victim living with a dude and the victim's boss said she was getting harassing calls and texts. And how shady is it that he hacks her phone and voicemail and likely deleted messages after she disappeared.

I'm mostly just upset that they don't let Old Red, I mean Steve Avery, post on JJ from prison anymore.

Very interesting story and doucmentary. Feel terrible for the family of the girl who was murdered but after watching and reading about it I can't be sure it was him. One thing I feel pretty strongly about is that the nephew has absolutely nothing to do with it if a murder did take place on the property. Calling the kid slow would be a huge understatement and he was really taken advantage of by a lot of people. I also agree the ex-boyfriend gave off a weird vibe and along with him other people in the Avery family should be looked at as well. Was glued to my chair watching the documentary, very well made.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 04:03:51 PM »

There was something off on the brother and ex-bf but I don't know if that makes me believe they did it. How about the guy she was living with? Where was he in all this?

Also Brendan's brother and the step Dad being each other's alibi was a little sketchy. They had a lot to gain pinning it on Steven.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 04:04:52 PM »

Very interesting story and doucmentary. Feel terrible for the family of the girl who was murdered but after watching and reading about it I can't be sure it was him. One thing I feel pretty strongly about is that the nephew has absolutely nothing to do with it if a murder did take place on the property. Calling the kid slow would be a huge understatement and he was really taken advantage of by a lot of people. I also agree the ex-boyfriend gave off a weird vibe and along with him other people in the Avery family should be looked at as well. Was glued to my chair watching the documentary, very well made.

When he was asked the cops if he'd be going back home and his mom about Wrestle Mania I was like wow this kid is beyond dumb.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 04:12:09 PM »
They went back to that house seven times and eventually found the key.  The one thing they could never find though was a high school diploma.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 04:17:56 PM by Howie71 »

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 02:05:48 AM »

There was something off on the brother and ex-bf but I don't know if that makes me believe they did it. How about the guy she was living with? Where was he in all this?

Also Brendan's brother and the step Dad being each other's alibi was a little sketchy. They had a lot to gain pinning it on Steven.

I think she was banging the guy she lived with and that didn't sit well with the ex, who waaaay to involved in her life for an ex. What ex leads a search the day after his former gf goes missing. And the brother smiling all the time? Odd.

The elder Dassey brother and his father both seemed extremely shady too. 

Brendan would have said anything the police wanted him to.  He had no idea what was happening. He thought he was going back to school that day!

The defense attorneys for Steven were incredible all trial, but that closing was pitiful. I can't believe they let that low-talker pedophile prosecutor get away with saying reasonable doubt was for innocent people and that in order for them to believe the defense they HAD to believe a cop killed Teresa!

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 08:21:52 PM »
Brendan most definitely innocent. The freaking bus driver saw the girl outside the house so that blows up the whole timeline right there. I think Avery is innocent too. No way he parks the car on his own property after the murder and why the hell would he put her in the back of it if he was just going to drag her out and burn her and I don't believe for 1 second the cops just found that key and I also don't believe the girl who found that car just happened to find the car less than 10 minutes into her search of the 40 acre property

I think it was Brendans brother

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 08:32:26 PM »
And the cops there just won power ball

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 11:59:33 PM »
I think it was either a suicide (that if I die video/I love everyone really had me wondering) or Brendans step dad/brother did it and pinned it on Steve/Brendan.

pmg911

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 03:34:35 PM »

Your best post in months - lol

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 04:10:57 PM »
I finished the series believing that both Brendan and Avery were set up - and I didn't expect myself to feel that way.  Having read some other articles about the case, I found it interesting that the following was omitted from the documentary:  Avery's blood was found in 6 different places in the victim's car (not just the one spot focused on in the doc, unless I missed something); his sweat was found under the hood of her car; she had been to the Avery salvage yard on multiple occasions and told someone that he "creeped her out"; he apparently dialed her *67 on various occasions, pretending to be someone else, to her over to the yard; Brendan's family apparently saw bleach on his pants that day, which he said related to some cleanup job; and the tool used to cut her up was found in the burn pit, along with her camera, phone etc. 

I don't know if the articles containing the above info are legit.  If so, it might change my view a bit on Avery's guilt.  Still confused though because some of the details about the investigation are so damning to the prosecution/state.