Freudenberg Update

• 33 replies

redslope

Re: Freudenberg Update
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2016, 09:51:30 PM »
Europe ball is much better at developing well-rounded players and this will be a big plus 

Bourgault
Baldi
Alibegowitch
Mussini

What other SJU euro greats am I missing.
Paris Horne :)
Sergio Luyk

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2016, 10:40:32 PM »
Europe ball is much better at developing well-rounded players and this will be a big plus 

Bourgault
Baldi
Alibegowitch
Mussini

What other SJU euro greats am I missing.
Ron M'Voika

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2016, 10:53:30 PM »
I am expecting 15 productive mpg and will be pleasantly surprised with more. I think he'll look like Gordon Hayward at times and a more athletic (SJU version) Max Hooper at others.  In other words: a freshman.  The kid looks like a future first rounder to me, but SJU has beaten me down enough to not get excited. At least we are in a position where he and Ponds don't have to be stars from day one.

Who are the stars from day one?

Every team has its own stars. How they compare to the rest of the league is a different story.
Lovett is the safest bet. I'm sure Yakwe will be at least solid. Ahmed is another good candidate.

Poison

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2016, 11:19:02 PM »
I am expecting 15 productive mpg and will be pleasantly surprised with more. I think he'll look like Gordon Hayward at times and a more athletic (SJU version) Max Hooper at others.  In other words: a freshman.  The kid looks like a future first rounder to me, but SJU has beaten me down enough to not get excited. At least we are in a position where he and Ponds don't have to be stars from day one.

Who are the stars from day one?

Every team has its own stars. How they compare to the rest of the league is a different story.
Lovett is the safest bet. I'm sure Yakwe will be at least solid. Ahmed is another good candidate.

I think this group is more than anything unknown. Maybe not to the staff, but we really have no idea who the go to scorer will be. Could be Yakwe, Ponds, LoVett, Ahmed, Freudenberg, Ellison or even Mussini.

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2016, 02:04:00 AM »
It will be a mistake if he does not get 25M plus, even if he doesn't start, which he should.

What position should he start at, based upon his utube highlight reel?

Well, what position does Dirk Nowitzki play?

I always thought of him as a 7 ft. small forward.

desco80

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2016, 02:51:38 PM »
Lovett Ponds Ahmed Yakwe Sima will start the vast majority of games to begin the season.

Cj, I think youre underestimating Ahmed and the physicality of the D1 ball.
Ahmed I think will be very DJ Kennedy like.  Except were getting him as a junior essentially.  He has the weight and size to handle himself.   

Freudenberg has much bigger upside in the long run.  But right out of the gate they'll want someone who can step in and play now

cjfish

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2016, 04:22:00 PM »
I'm not underestimating Ahmed.....I just think that he hasn't seen any real D  or ball movement in awhile.....None in JC, none anywhere else.  European D also weak but Freud has played in international torneys and ball movement in Europe is generally superior.  Mullin will want a guy who can fit into a D1 offense which is not predicated on run and gun.  Both are talented and I think both will be good to excellent players, but Freud will be ready earlier and, as you said, has a bigger upside.  Mullin himself has said he thinks Europeans are a better fit in his mind.

MCNPA

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2016, 04:55:55 PM »
Ahmed will be more ready starting the season IMO.  He's physically stronger and a Davy ball handler who had a good amount of experience.

TheVig

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2016, 06:33:14 AM »
http://www.fiba.com/europe/u18/2016/news/fiba-u18-european-championship-suspended-indefinitely

Looks like the next time Freud suits up it will be in SJU jersey. Sad state of affairs around the world recently

Poison

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2016, 08:02:15 AM »
http://www.fiba.com/europe/u18/2016/news/fiba-u18-european-championship-suspended-indefinitely

Looks like the next time Freud suits up it will be in SJU jersey. Sad state of affairs around the world recently

Perhaps next time they will not schedule a tournament in Turkey, or anything, ever.

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2016, 01:14:12 AM »
could be worse, like an olympics in Rio

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2016, 12:59:47 PM »
Random thought.  Would be great if Porzingis took this kid under his wing at some point.-

pmg911

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2016, 02:54:55 PM »
Random thought.  Would be great if Porzingis took this kid under his wing at some point.-

Why would Porzingis do that..?

Foad

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2016, 04:55:57 PM »

Why would Porzingis do that..?

#LatvianLivesMatter