FIBA U-17 Tournament

• 43 replies
Re: FIBA U-17 Tournament
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 09:47:49 AM »
Matt A getting a break;

TCU head coach Jamie Dixon and St. John's asst Greg St. Jean also in Spain at U17s
Per Zagoria

St John's among many schools watching RJ Barrett in Spain. Per Zags

Offer Sr.  a coaching spot.

Rowan Barrett always had a great attitude. If he had a point guard in college, he would have had a better career. He was a great athlete. I remember him like a poor man's Lavor Postell.

If he had a good head coach, too.

Foad

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 03:57:38 PM »
Matt A getting a break;

TCU head coach Jamie Dixon and St. John's asst Greg St. Jean also in Spain at U17s
Per Zagoria

Rowan Barrett always had a great attitude. If he had a point guard in college, he would have had a better career. He was a great athlete. I remember him like a poor man's Lavor Postell.

If he had a good head coach, too.

One of the greatest wastes of talent at SJU ever.

1. Kevin Williams

Also rans: Rowan Barrett, Ryan Williams, Tristan Smith, Roshown Mcleod. And Dele Coker, why not.

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 05:59:59 PM »
Barrett, McLeod and maybe James Scott were wastes of talent during the Mahoney years. Hard to say FX was a waste of talent because he really didn't have a jump shot, just a dunking machine. Injuries robbed Rob Thomas of what he should have been. Injuries robbed Billy Singleton of greater things too.

I remember Louie saying he couldn't keep Kevin Williams on the court as much as he wanted to because of instability issues. Remember he went after Patrick Ewing?

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2016, 06:56:21 PM »
Barrett, McLeod and maybe James Scott were wastes of talent during the Mahoney years. Hard to say FX was a waste of talent because he really didn't have a jump shot, just a dunking machine. Injuries robbed Rob Thomas of what he should have been. Injuries robbed Billy Singleton of greater things too.

I remember Louie saying he couldn't keep Kevin Williams on the court as much as he wanted to because of instability issues. Remember he went after Patrick Ewing?
Louie's BS excuse to play Bobby Kelly over him.

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 06:58:33 PM »
Matt A getting a break;

Per Zagoria

Displayed that great attitude dispite sitting behind the far less talented Freddie Lysol.

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2016, 07:18:26 PM »

That's the name I was trying to remember, Bobby Kelly starting instead of Kevin Williams! Thank you Celtic.

pmg911

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2016, 03:49:55 PM »

That's the name I was trying to remember, Bobby Kelly starting instead of Kevin Williams! Thank you Celtic.

I thought Kelly started ahead of Mike Moses when Mullin was a Freshman...

Bobby Kelly was one tough mofo...    I have seen first hand what he can do to people...

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2016, 03:57:28 PM »

Bobby Kelly was one tough mofo...    I have seen first hand what he can do to people...

Summer Classics?

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2016, 06:06:52 PM »

Didn't Moses start over Mark Jackson? Louie would always defer to upperclassmen.

redslope

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2016, 09:19:56 PM »

Didn't Moses start over Mark Jackson? Louie would always defer to upperclassmen.
Yup-Moses over Jackson; Mark would have been the key to winning in 1985 if he started.

pmg911

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 12:12:49 PM »

Yup-Moses over Jackson; Mark would have been the key to winning in 1985 if he started.

The team lost 4 games all year, 3 to the same team by double digits each time and you really think Jackson starting would have been the key to them getting past a Georgetown team that was better then St. John's that year.

Foad

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2016, 01:06:11 PM »
The team lost 4 games all year, 3 to the same team by double digits each time and you really think Jackson starting would have been the key to them getting past a Georgetown team that was better then St. John's that year.

And the one other loss was to Niagara, without Moses.

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2016, 02:58:00 PM »
And the one ( we ) won was a beat the clock!

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2016, 03:44:12 PM »
At one point in that game we had an 18 pt lead. So over approximately 3 1/2 games we were outscored by app 72 points.

LoganK

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2016, 05:13:31 PM »
At one point in that game we had an 18 pt lead. So over approximately 3 1/2 games we were outscored by app 72 points.
Is that bad?

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2016, 06:08:26 PM »
Is that bad?
Well when that's our best team since at least 1951 and the team that beat us lost the championship game, well, you figure it out and let me know.  ;)

cjfish

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2016, 09:30:25 AM »

And the one other loss was to Niagara, without Moses

worst loss in sju history, I was shocked

Foad

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2016, 10:14:59 AM »
worst loss in sju history, I was shocked

You'd be hard pressed to pick one worst loss in school history out of so many worst losses but I might pick the first round loss to Tulane in the tournament. Really summed up the futility of the Carnesecca era.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/1992-03-20-st-johns-ny.html

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2016, 10:45:27 AM »
This topic is suppose to be the FIBA U-17 Tournament lets please get back on topic.

Foad

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2016, 10:47:37 AM »
This topic is suppose to be the FIBA U-17 Tournament lets please get back on topic.

Snail is a common name that is applied most often to land snails, terrestrial pulmonate gastropod molluscs. However, the common name "snail" is also applied to most of the members of the molluscan class Gastropoda that have a coiled shell that is large enough for the animal to retract completely into. When the word "snail" is used in this most general sense, it includes not just land snails but also thousands of species of sea snails and freshwater snails. Occasionally a few other molluscs that are not actually gastropods, such as the Monoplacophora, which superficially resemble small limpets, may also informally be referred to as "snails".

Snail-like animals that naturally lack a shell, or have only an internal shell, are mostly called slugs, and land snails that have only a very small shell (that they cannot retract into) are often called semi-slugs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snail