Mustapha Heron - Auburn Transfer - ST. JOHN’S

• 289 replies

MCNPA

Re: Mustapha Heron - 6'4'' SG, Waterbury CT
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2015, 04:25:34 PM »
Imagine in 2016 having a backcourt of Sampson, Alkins, Heron, Mussini and Doughty?

If we have 4 ships I would like Alkins, Yawke, Heron, and Gibbs LOL

How bout Ponds, Alkins, Heron for 1-3 spots, then add frontcourt.

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2015, 10:31:59 PM »
Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria   
Expect a slew of coaches from Indiana, St. John's, N.C. State, Villanova, Cincy & more to watch 2016s @Iam_RawleAlkins & @Mheron_1 this wknd

paultzman

Tha Kid

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2015, 09:21:02 AM »
Looking good!

http://zagsblog.com/articles/mustapha-heron-hearing-from-four-schools-the-most/

Every thing he wants we are a perfect fit for.  And love that the lefty connection is a huge added bonus to him!
"I drink and I know things"

SJU79

« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2015, 09:56:58 AM »
He's been a lock as soon as slice came...

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2015, 10:24:42 AM »

Wow, this kid is a stud!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Wods317

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2015, 11:25:43 AM »
That's excellent news. Everything I read, he looks like a stud.

paultzman

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2015, 11:46:11 AM »

no doubt

Moose

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2015, 11:47:39 AM »
Honestly this won't be popular but I'd gladly take this commitment and move on from Rawle.  Looks like Rawle wants to drag things out and him and Heron are pretty much the same player to me just lefty and righty versions.

As of right now we will lose Chris, Sheed (likely), Ron, and maybe more depending on other additions so 3 focuses on 16 IMO should be a PG and big man in addition to Heron.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2015, 11:52:48 AM »
Honestly this won't be popular but I'd gladly take this commitment and move on from Rawle.  Looks like Rawle wants to drag things out and him and Heron are pretty much the same player to me just lefty and righty versions.

As of right now we will lose Chris, Sheed (likely), Ron, and maybe more depending on other additions so 3 focuses on 16 IMO should be a PG and big man in addition to Heron.

I don't feel as strongly as you do, but I agree that they seem to have duplicative skill sets.  Still, I think you take 2 top 50 talents who want to be here and figure it out

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2015, 11:53:05 AM »
Would be nice to get an early commitment from a stud.

Moose

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2015, 11:55:18 AM »

I don't feel as strongly as you do, but I agree that they seem to have duplicative skill sets.  Still, I think you take 2 top 50 talents who want to be here and figure it out

I do not want to hijack this Heron thread but he clearly wants to be here.  I don't think Rawle wants to be here regardless of how much he talks about being excited he got that SJU offer etc.  If thats the case then why mention waiting it out till Spring and not mentioning SJU at times?

Anyway Heron is the goods and looking fwd to his commitment.

goredmen

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2015, 11:57:27 AM »

So there's a legit recruit 10 minutes away from campus that is showing interest in us and you want to move on from him already? Come on

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2015, 12:02:20 PM »

I think staff has secured A suitable front court for the next few years. After this year we will have Sima and Owens at the 5 for three seasons. As well as Williams and Amar at the 4 for two seasons. Seems obvious they are gonna go guard heavy for this '16 class. Heron would better than a great start, we get him and we can afford to be somewhat patient.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2015, 12:08:57 PM »

I think staff has secured A suitable front court for the next few years. After this year we will have Sima and Owens at the 5 for three seasons. As well as Williams and Amar at the 4 for two seasons. Seems obvious they are gonna go guard heavy for this '16 class. Heron would better than a great start, we get him and we can afford to be somewhat patient.
Agree

Moose

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2015, 12:12:28 PM »

So there's a legit recruit 10 minutes away from campus that is showing interest in us and you want to move on from him already? Come on

Yeah.  But tell Arbs I said hi :)

ras

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2015, 12:14:53 PM »

1 in the hand is worth 2 in the bush,

goredmen

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2015, 12:25:47 PM »

Arbs' issues came with the last staff, not this one. Get over it already

Moose

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2015, 12:29:54 PM »

Arbs' issues came with the last staff, not this one. Get over it already

No issues here but you always come to CTK defense.  I expressed an opinion that I would move after getting one commitment.  Will gladly discuss over PMs as not to digress from Heron thread.