Around Big East

• 3954 replies
Re: Around Big East
« Reply #2980 on: February 22, 2017, 09:11:58 PM »
What a dumpster fire Georgetown is right now

The dumpster fire has turned into an all-out forest fire.  Garrett, Jr. was fouled at the rim with 0.2 seconds left, and nailed both freebies.  The game was essentially over when he hit the first one, as most know you can't get a shot off with that much time remaining on the clock.

DePaul wins 67-65. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:12:26 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #2981 on: February 22, 2017, 09:49:07 PM »

The dumpster fire has turned into an all-out forest fire.  Garrett, Jr. was fouled at the rim with 0.2 seconds left, and nailed both freebies.  The game was essentially over when he hit the first one, as most know you can't get a shot off with that much time remaining on the clock.

DePaul wins 67-65. 

JTIII is safe for now.  But the program has clearly hit a big pothole and apathy among the fan base  has set in.  Look at the crowds at the Verizon Center, lots of empty seats in the arena. 

Next year is shaping up as a huge year for him.

« Reply #2982 on: February 22, 2017, 09:53:41 PM »

DePaul wins 67-65. 

JTIII is safe for now.  But the program has clearly hit a big pothole and apathy among the fan base  has set in.  Look at the crowds at the Verizon Center, lots of empty seats in the arena. 

He'll be there for as long as wants

« Reply #2983 on: February 22, 2017, 10:07:20 PM »

DePaul wins 67-65. 

He might be fine for next season.  But, I don't think he'll be there forever.  I still believe if they lose out, and lose in the first round of the Big East tournament, then we could possibly see a change after this season.

« Reply #2984 on: February 22, 2017, 10:08:45 PM »

DePaul wins 67-65. 

I don't buy that, he doesn't have a lifetime guarantee.  But he has banked some goodwill with his earlier success.

On a different note the BE needs SJU and Georgetown to be good.  They are important pieces for the League.

« Reply #2985 on: February 22, 2017, 10:12:05 PM »
BTW-If I were JTIII I would stay away from twitter tonight.  Here is the #hoyas:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/hoyas?f=tweets&vertical=default

goredmen

« Reply #2986 on: February 22, 2017, 10:37:48 PM »
Billy Garrett said in the postgame presser he didn't think Gtown wanted to play hard tonight. That's brutal

« Reply #2987 on: February 22, 2017, 10:59:26 PM »
Butler has Nova on the ropes and Providence about to beat Creighton in Omaha.

« Reply #2988 on: February 22, 2017, 11:00:12 PM »
Butler has Nova on the ropes and Providence about to beat Creighton in Omaha.

Nova looks tired

goredmen

« Reply #2989 on: February 22, 2017, 11:05:39 PM »
Really amazing how Georgetown is not even close to making the tournament this year with the bubble being so bad. Can't think of another team in the country that has underachieved more this year.

Meanwhile Providence beats Creighton at the buzzer in Omaha and is now right on the bubble. Cooley is a damn good coach.

Butler looking to complete the season sweep over Nova. Butler is a team I can't get a handle on. Such a weird team

« Reply #2990 on: February 22, 2017, 11:14:05 PM »
Really amazing how Georgetown is not even close to making the tournament this year with the bubble being so bad. Can't think of another team in the country that has underachieved more this year.

Meanwhile Providence beats Creighton at the buzzer in Omaha and is now right on the bubble. Cooley is a damn good coach.

Butler looking to complete the season sweep over Nova. Butler is a team I can't get a handle on. Such a weird team

Butler is a of glue guys. Smart and well coached

goredmen

« Reply #2991 on: February 22, 2017, 11:16:56 PM »

Yep. But they lost to Gtown and a post Watson Creighton team at home in the past month and now go and win at Nova. Hard to get a grasp on them

Poison

« Reply #2992 on: February 22, 2017, 11:16:59 PM »
Garrett and DePaul over JT3 or Showtime and the 04 Johnnies over Craig Esherick? What's worse?

« Reply #2993 on: February 22, 2017, 11:18:45 PM »

Yep. But they lost to Gtown and a post Watson Creighton team at home in the past month and now go and win at Nova. Hard to get a grasp on them

Chrabasz is 1 of my favorite players. A winner

« Reply #2994 on: February 22, 2017, 11:50:07 PM »
Well at least until Saturday when they probably beat us after losing at home to DePaul. Can anyone say ninth place?

Johnny23

« Reply #2995 on: February 23, 2017, 07:25:00 AM »
Garrett and DePaul over JT3 or Showtime and the 04 Johnnies over Craig Esherick? What's worse?

JT3 because he's got the brand down there.

« Reply #2996 on: February 24, 2017, 12:57:41 AM »
CollegeBBNCAA -

Injured Creighton PG Maurice Watson Jr has been charged with first degree sexual assault.

« Reply #2997 on: February 24, 2017, 08:10:10 AM »
CollegeBBNCAA -

Injured Creighton PG Maurice Watson Jr has been charged with first degree sexual assault.

Can't help but to think this might have not happened if he wasn't injured. Still an awful thing to do and will be rightly punished by the law.

« Reply #2998 on: February 24, 2017, 09:39:04 AM »
I've known Moe since he was in High School. Extremely high character kid. I'm shocked if true.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2999 on: February 24, 2017, 01:25:47 PM »
CollegeBBNCAA -

Can't help but to think this might have not happened if he wasn't injured. Still an awful thing to do and will be rightly punished by the law.
Because all injured players go out and commit sexual assault? What was it part of his rehab?