Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
In The Jungle... / Re: The Redmen Are Back- Thank you Rick
« Last post by Foad on March 22, 2024, 03:00:26 PM »
Which clearly makes you an Old Foadie.

Clearly. It was sometime in the 70s, I think during the McCoy years, but I can't be arsed to look. Al McGuire turned down the NCAAs in 1970, being uphappy with Marquette's seeding. MU beat SJU in the finals.

For all you've witnessed, what is your take on Pitino's ability to maneuver through the portal and have the team improved beyond this year's team?

I didn't sit through many entire games this year (except during that glorious losing streak) and am a better man for it so I can't comment on this years team. That said, on the one hand Pitino is one of the greatest coaches of his generation and if anyone can turn SJ around he's on the short list. On the other hand, for 24 years of his career he was paying his players - which 24 years accounts for 500 of his lifetime 700 wins (at Kentucky and Louisville, two of the most corrupt programs in CBB history). Which was a huge recruiting advantage. Except now everybody can pay their players. With payola off the table what's he got to sell that no one else has? Scenic Jamaica? Majestic Carnesecca Arena? Elite academics? He's got almost nothing: UConn's home court the Garden and the privilege of playing for a thin skinned geriatric HOF coach who may or may not have lost a few off his fastball.

I keep coming back to this: SJU is where coaching careers come to die. Look at this conga line of losers: Mahoney, Fran, Jarhead, Norm, Lavin, Mullins, Anderson. Thirty years of shit sandwich. Why should RAP be any different.

« Last post by bball purist on March 21, 2024, 09:45:18 AM »
I'm old enough to remember when SJU turned down an invite to the NCAA tournament to play in the NIT.
Which clearly makes you an Old Foadie.

For all you've witnessed, what is your take on Pitino's ability to maneuver through the portal and have the team improved beyond this year's team?

« Last post by Foad on March 18, 2024, 04:35:32 PM »
We actually turned down the NIT so we are actually heading to the transfer portal

I'm old enough to remember when SJU turned down an invite to the NCAA tournament to play in the NIT.
« Last post by friendofjohnnie on March 18, 2024, 12:38:55 PM »
Thanks Rick, we're back.

In the NIT.

We actually turned down the NIT so we are actually heading to the transfer portal haha
« Last post by Foad on March 17, 2024, 06:55:12 PM »
Thanks Rick, we're back.

In the NIT.
« Last post by friendofjohnnie on March 15, 2024, 09:34:36 AM »
Let's keep the revenge tour going against UConn.
« Last post by Celtics11 on March 14, 2024, 07:56:56 PM »
Little Ricky has got them cooking!
In The Jungle... / The Redmen Are Back- Thank you Rick
« Last post by friendofjohnnie on March 14, 2024, 05:00:05 PM »
Big win against a hated rival. We likely punched our ticket to March. Tomorrow night against UConn is a house money game.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/14/sports/st-johns-beats-seton-hall-to-likely-punch-march-madness-ticket/
In The Jungle... / Re: New St. John's Basketball Facility
« Last post by Foad on March 05, 2024, 04:35:21 PM »
Per Zach- St. John's will construct a new practice facility in 2027. Talks are also underway to upgrade Carnesecca Arena.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/04/sports/st-johns-set-to-add-new-basketball-practice-facility-by-2027/

"Following a feasibility study conducted by the athletic department over the last few years ... The hope is it will all be finalized by the spring of 2027"

2020-2027: because they care about you.
In The Jungle... / New St. John's Basketball Facility
« Last post by friendofjohnnie on March 05, 2024, 09:26:43 AM »
Per Zach- St. John's will construct a new practice facility in 2027. Talks are also underway to upgrade Carnesecca Arena.

https://nypost.com/2024/03/04/sports/st-johns-set-to-add-new-basketball-practice-facility-by-2027/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10