Big East Tournament Bracket (Feb. 15th)

• 53 replies
Re: Big East Tournament Bracket (Feb. 15th)
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2015, 09:19:24 PM »
Who cares who we play. We can easily beat both team, we can easily lose to both teams. Aside from Nova and the bottom 3, the games will be a crapshoot.

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2015, 09:22:38 PM »
Up to the minute the standing are:
1) Nova (14-2)
2) Georgetown (11-6)
3) Butler (11-6)
4) Providence (10-6)
5) St. Johns (9-7)

If Providence beats SH tomorrow there will be a 3 way tie for 2nd.

This weekend Butler plays Providence while Georgetown plays SH. 

So if the favorites win out and there are no upsets, we will play the loser of the Butler / Providence game. 

I see us playing the Bulldogs, as I believe Providence will end up finishing in 2nd, while G'town and Butler rounds out 3rd and 4th, respectively.

desco80

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2015, 09:55:51 PM »
1) Nova (14-2)
2) Georgetown (11-6)
3) Butler (11-6)
4) Providence (10-6)
5) St. Johns (9-7)

So if the favorites win out and there are no upsets, we will play the loser of the Butler / Providence game. 

I see us playing the Bulldogs, as I believe Providence will end up finishing in 2nd, while G'town and Butler rounds out 3rd and 4th, respectively.

I think Butler probably would worry me the most out of the three.

Also, I can't just throw out that Georgetown killed us barely 2 weeks ago.   Too fresh in my memory.   
Beating a team 3 times is difficult, but we have providence's number.  Georgetown has the size and athleticism to match up with us.  They can block shots and take the ball away from us.   And they have the ability to kill us on the boards.   No other team outside of Villanova has that type of game in them.  Doesn't always come out, but they can be a bad matchup.
Providence is never a bad matchup, it's just a question of if we play well that day

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2015, 09:58:40 PM »
I think Butler will win the BET

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2015, 10:05:26 PM »
1) Nova (14-2)
2) Georgetown (11-6)
3) Butler (11-6)
4) Providence (10-6)
5) St. Johns (9-7)

I think Butler probably would worry me the most out of the three.

Also, I can't just throw out that Georgetown killed us barely 2 weeks ago.   Too fresh in my memory.   
Beating a team 3 times is difficult, but we have providence's number.  Georgetown has the size and athleticism to match up with us.  They can block shots and take the ball away from us.   And they have the ability to kill us on the boards.   No other team outside of Villanova has that type of game in them.  Doesn't always come out, but they can be a bad matchup.
Providence is never a bad matchup, it's just a question of if we play well that day

I'm not one who thinks G'town is a bad matchup for us.  Hence, why I truly felt we would beat them a few days ago.  Our quickness and length can create some tough assignments, as well.

I agree Providence doesn't particularly worry me.  Even more so, considering we handled 'em both games.  Personally, I just hate having to beat a team 3 or more times in one season. 

It's looking like we're going to get Butler, if things go accordingly.  They beat us at home without Jordan and hammered us at Butler. 

They wouldn't be the team I'd initially pick to play in the first game, but I do feel we can beat 'em.

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2015, 10:15:53 PM »
1st round mush for Baldi greatly benefits us :)

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2015, 10:20:16 PM »
1st round mush for Baldi greatly benefits us :)

Thought we were playing providence lol

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2015, 12:18:03 PM »
How come people worry because it is hard to beat a team 3x meaning Providence but yet they still don't want to play Butler even thou they would have to beat us a third time? Should work both ways , no?

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2015, 12:45:19 PM »
How come people worry because it is hard to beat a team 3x meaning Providence but yet they still don't want to play Butler even thou they would have to beat us a third time? Should work both ways , no?

If we play the same type of game we played against Georgetown at the Garden, we would beat Butler easily.  In both games, we let them set tempo and got stuck playing a halfcourt offense.  Of course, it wouldn't have mattered in the second game.  The team was totally rattled once CO got tossed.

TONYD3

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2015, 12:57:27 PM »
Hoping for butler. Think they are least talented. Also won't bring any fans . Should be a home game.

hnk

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2015, 01:01:54 PM »
I hope we beat Marquette.....and we get Diallo and CO and RJ stay another year.

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2015, 07:10:18 PM »
Sterling Gibbs is back. This guy scares me going in the BET

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2015, 07:34:04 PM »
Seton Hall looking legit right now
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 07:35:30 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2015, 08:12:36 PM »
On TV it looks like there are about 1500 fans at this game.

Dunn and Henton getting it going early in the second half. And Gibbs too