Who will make the best pro currently playing in the Big East?

• 70 replies

Marillac

Re: Who will make the best pro currently playing in the Big East?
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2016, 04:51:19 PM »
Kemba could become pretty damn good...Thabeet is still getting better every year...DeJuyan Blair is a beast he'll do well but he's a little undersized.

Nailed Kemba and DeJuan.  I'll take 2 of 3.

Don't be shy. Get in their and take your credit!
I think my predictions speak for themselves. A little surprised how bad Flynn ended up being, though, but I guess that you just have to assume that with JB's players in the NBA.

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2016, 04:51:37 PM »
Kemba could become pretty damn good...Thabeet is still getting better every year...DeJuyan Blair is a beast he'll do well but he's a little undersized.

Nailed Kemba and DeJuan.  I'll take 2 of 3.
Ain't bad.

Foad

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2016, 05:04:05 PM »
I think my predictions speak for themselves

Malik Stith says hey. Also Nurideen Lindsey. Also Dom Pointer, who sucked and should transfer. See also Memory, selective.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:58:14 AM by Foad »

Marillac

« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2016, 05:14:07 PM »

Malik Stith says hey. Also Nurideen Lindsey. Also Dom Pointer, who sucked and should transfer. See also Memory, selective.
>

The obvious choice there was Marillac's swing  and miss on Durand Johnson.

Foad

« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2016, 08:51:14 PM »

>
e there was Marillac's swing  and miss on Durand Johnson.

Yeah kind of my point, the problem with making predictions about every player is there are some hits and misses. That's why I never make any, I'm never wrong. Whereas when I describe what happened I'm always right.

PS I purposefully didn't close the italics just so all this shite would be in italics. Right again. [/i] Ed note: and yet wrong also

I've created a monster.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:58:52 AM by Foad »

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2016, 09:20:26 PM »
i like mcneal to be a real good combo guard. his teammate Mathews could be good. blair is going to be a beast as well, he just knows how to play

Mathews went undrafted
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2016, 12:07:00 AM »
Here 'ya go, Marillac.... 

I'm a huge Lazar Hayward fan.  He is tremendously skilled.  He also has above average NBA athletic ability.  To have both is rare. He's clearly not a guy that is meant to carry a team as a scorer, though.  He won't have to be at the next level.  He's outstanding in the post, both rebounding and offensively.  I'm anxious to see how he measures in at the combine.  If he measures in at a true 6'6, I'm writing him down as a future all-star.

http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=3815.msg47347#msg47347

Marillac

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2016, 03:27:06 PM »

I'm a huge Lazar Hayward fan.  He is tremendously skilled.  He also has above average NBA athletic ability.  To have both is rare. He's clearly not a guy that is meant to carry a team as a scorer, though.  He won't have to be at the next level.  He's outstanding in the post, both rebounding and offensively.  I'm anxious to see how he measures in at the combine.  If he measures in at a true 6'6, I'm writing him down as a future all-star.

Nice try :)

"His measurement will determine everything.  If he's 6'4 and change, he wiill drop."

He measured in at 6'4. Very disappointing but that's all she wrote.

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2016, 03:58:40 PM »

"His measurement will determine everything.  If he's 6'4 and change, he wiill drop."

He's actually measured at 6'5" with shoes.  Nevertheless, he's not even in the NBA at 6'4", and you said he'd be an all-star at 6'6".   A couple of inches difference should, at least, net him more than a cup of coffee in the Association, right?   :) 

I'm just busting on you.   
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:02:05 PM by mjdinkins »

Marillac

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2016, 04:44:55 PM »

He's actually measured at 6'5" with shoes.  Nevertheless, he's not even in the NBA at 6'4", and you said he'd be an all-star at 6'6".   A couple of inches difference should, at least, net him more than a cup of coffee in the Association, right?   :) 

I'm just busting on you.   

No worries Marillac deserves slack for missed predictions.
A few things, though...only measurements without shoes are reliable. Anthony Brown measured at 6'8.5 in shoes and 6'5.25 without shoes last combine.

Two inches in height when you are an undersized SF means everything in this NBA where 6'7 is expected and 6'9-6'10 is desired. Harkless is the perfect example of that when he measured at 6'8.5 it was over. If  you are 6'4, you have to be able to play and defend the two unless you have insane wingspan to make up for it.  If I didn't think two inches in height mattered, I wouldn't have specifically mentioned it. He was listed as 6'7 at Marquette.

He was lucky to be drafted late first round and play  3 seasons  in the NBA after that measurement.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 04:46:38 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2016, 05:48:00 PM »

I'm just busting on you.   

No worries Marillac deserves slack for missed predictions.
A few things, though...only measurements without shoes are reliable. Anthony Brown measured at 6'8.5 in shoes and 6'5.25 without shoes last combine.

Two inches in height when you are an undersized SF means everything in this NBA where 6'7 is expected and 6'9-6'10 is desired. Harkless is the perfect example of that when he measured at 6'8.5 it was over. If  you are 6'4, you have to be able to play and defend the two unless you have insane wingspan to make up for it.  If I didn't think two inches in height mattered, I wouldn't have specifically mentioned it. He was listed as 6'7 at Marquette.

He was lucky to be drafted late first round and play  3 seasons  in the NBA after that measurement.

Frankly, I never viewed him as an NBA All-Star, whether he was 6'4" or 6'7".  He may have lasted longer with a couple of inches to his frame, but I never saw his game materializing to be no more than an NBA journeyman at best.  Maybe, I'm wrong.  But we'll never know.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:48:23 PM by mjdinkins »