collapse

Sponsor

* Welcome

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Sponsor

* Please Register to View and Post

Thanks for visiting Johnny Jungle forums. St. John's 6th Man.

You must register for an account to see community's content. It's FREE.

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
2018 Class / Re: Jordan Brown, PF, Roseville, CA
« Last post by austour on Today at 06:34:53 PM »
Not going to happen.  They will look to add a guard late to replace Lovett maybe Griffin, but other than that and barring any further roster changes the 2018-19 roster is basically set:

Guards: Dixon, Ponds, Simons, Trimble, Williams (Maybe Griffin)
Forwards/Big Men: Keita, Owens, Yakwe, Roberts, Brooks, Clark, Diakite

I find it exremely hard to believe that a couple guys won't leave and we won't explore the transfer market especially the grad transfer market

Grad transfer can go both ways.  Owens should be eligible.

Owens would be crazy to go, who else is going to let him shoot 3 or 4 threes per game?

I am not saying he will or he won't, I'm just saying he could.
« Last post by Celtics11 on Today at 06:18:02 PM »
Not going to happen.  They will look to add a guard late to replace Lovett maybe Griffin, but other than that and barring any further roster changes the 2018-19 roster is basically set:

Sense in face of limited PT Yakwe departs. Matt possibly is looking at Marcellus Earlington, undersized power player from Don Bosco HS in NJ to assess his skill level.
Are you Carnack? How do you "sense" these things?  ;)
In The Jungle... / Re: AD Goff's Optimism Article
« Last post by Celtics11 on Today at 06:13:20 PM »
Goff offers nothing of substance but at least the rumbling and grumbling by fans, along with some  heat by media has started to hit home a bit.
On sale season tickets $690 we may not win a game but we don't quit!
In The Jungle... / Re: AD Goff's Optimism Article
« Last post by rdstr25 on Today at 05:59:43 PM »
Goff offers nothing of substance but at least the rumbling and grumbling by fans, along with some  heat by media has started to hit home a bit.
« Last post by Pete88 on Today at 05:58:36 PM »

I find it exremely hard to believe that a couple guys won't leave and we won't explore the transfer market especially the grad transfer market

Owens would be crazy to go, who else is going to let him shoot 3 or 4 threes per game?

You know where

Xavier.  Word on the street
In The Jungle... / Re: 2 year plan...
« Last post by we are sju on Today at 05:50:20 PM »
Until I see a real coaching staff around Mullin, I have little faith.  He needs to realize this is sink or swim.  Currently he is drowning.

Be clear I am not personally asking for faith or anything.  I am telling you what is going to be expected.

Even if you are a pessimist it is not that bad.  Unless you honestly felt his job was in jeopardy which no realistic person ever felt.
I am not a pessimist. Still he has no chance. Did i think he would be fired ? Sadly no. I still hope he quits, every loss makes that more and more possible.
This time frame or whatever it is  could be possible if he was competent. Not expecting that. Still think it’s 50-50 he gets an extension. Plenty of old guys with money.

Me Tony, fire good, saber tooth tiger and Mullin bad. I like cave.

I guess Norm drove Realfan to his ransom note style all caps posts and now Mullin has driven Tony into caveman posts.
I think you have to get a job or maybe go to foady’s for happy hour. Dick Vitale and Walter berry was the dumbest idea I ever heard. As was giving an extension to a coach with lower the .200 wining percentage.

Sadly I think I gave you too much credit with that caveman thing.
In The Jungle... / Re: Chris Mullin's seat getting hotter?
« Last post by goredmen on Today at 05:35:25 PM »
I only wanted that part of your quote, but yeah I could of done a better showcasing that. 

Mullin is not going to land top notch players consistently for the reasons I stated above. 

Outside of first Lavin class (half of which were not eligible), you have to go back to Fran to find a ST John's coach that landed "top notch" talent.

2 1/3 of 9 = 50%?  Common Core Math is alive and well.

Who was the third of a player? Malik Boothe was a Norm recruit and that really is an unfair shot at his height.
I don't remember the exact number of recruits or who was eligible it was a guesstimate wise-ass. And whatever the actually number throw Lindsey in  there for not lasting 10 games .

Be fair, hyperbole can be hard.

Garrett presumably was the half. Pelle and Sampson the other two. Sanchez and Bourgault were iffy the next year. Rumor has it Jordan was going to be ineligible. Later there was the transcript hand off in the parking lot guy. Lavin cared about academics because some things are more important than winning when you're taking incremental or baby steps up the side or slope of the hill or mountain when you're looking to play your best basketball in February.

The one thing no one ever mentions regarding the Lavin era was the contrast in how he handled Jordan and Harrison.
He suspends Harrison for still unspecified infractions when it was going to be close in regards to us making the tourney. I know you thought he did that as almost a built in excuse. Now in fairness a couple of people have told me that he really was a pain in the butt but again odd timing.

Now contrast that with Jordan's handling.In a year where he was theoretically fighting for an extension he lets Jordan continue playing the while he stopped going to class and disappeared multiple times.

With Harrison he tried to come off as some kind of Father Flanagan when it suited his purpose but when he needed to win Jordan played.

When Harrison was suspended SJ was 16-12, having lost four of their last six in February when they're supposed to be playing their best ball, with these remaining four games: Providence on the road, #24 ND on the road, #15 marquette at home, and Villanova @MSG. Coincidence? Not bloody likely.

Oh the bright side LAvin did go on to win the one post season game of his storied career, beating mighty St Joe's. So there's that.

There's no coincidence that you're aware of.

I guess sort of. A coincidence requires two events to occur concurrently without any apparent connection. I'm postulating a connection between SJ losing a bunch of games and facing a bunch more losses and Harrison getting suspended so that Lavin would have an excuse for losing those games, 9 out of his last 11. Because otherwise he'd have to face up to the fact that he sucks. And in fact I think Lavin is so lacking in self-awareness that he might have sabotaged himself unconsciously while at the same time portraying himself in a sympathetic and heroic light. Because he's completely coo coo for cocoa puffs. It's true that if what I think is true is false then there was a coincidence of which I'm not aware. But as I said I find it unlikely that what I believe to be true is false, because if I thought it were false I wouldn't think it was true.

Don't forget Lavin's conscious act of self-sabotage when he suspended one of his 6 players and his only big at noon on selection Sunday. Still the one thing that makes me despise that guy
« Last post by Marco Baldi on Today at 05:33:26 PM »

You know where
« Last post by Pete88 on Today at 05:32:17 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

Support Johnny Jungle

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 22 queries.