Derrick Walker, PF, MOKAN Elite, Ks. - TENNESSEE

• 178 replies
Re: Derrick Walker, PF, MOKAN Elite, Ks.
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2017, 10:42:48 PM »
Definitely a little concerning that locals like Wichita St and Kansas St aren't pursuing this kid

I agree.

He is a late riser by all accounts so very possible those schools either filled their scholarships or are not in need of his skill set. We have talent on the roster but we are in need a big who can bang and grab boards. If he does that I don't much care who else recruited him.
Patton had only had one college offer.

He was injured
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2017, 11:25:30 PM »
LOL.  Lots of 22 and 23 year olds on winning teams in college these days.

We forget on this board how almost no one wanted Dom Pointer here before the start of his senior season.  Or how no one in their wildest dreams would have thought that Hardy would be one of the top 5 players in the Big East as a senior.  List goes on and on.  Look at the teams that are good in this league year in, year out, and they usually have some very good juniors and/or seniors.   They reload every year because of roster balance, not because they are Kentucky, Duke or Kansas bringing in a new stable of studs each season.

Yes and need our current group to be a year older.

Need better players

Lovett will be collecting social security in a year

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2017, 11:29:05 AM »
+1

LOL.  Lots of 22 and 23 year olds on winning teams in college these days.

We forget on this board how almost no one wanted Dom Pointer here before the start of his senior season.  Or how no one in their wildest dreams would have thought that Hardy would be one of the top 5 players in the Big East as a senior.  List goes on and on.  Look at the teams that are good in this league year in, year out, and they usually have some very good juniors and/or seniors.   They reload every year because of roster balance, not because they are Kentucky, Duke or Kansas bringing in a new stable of studs each season.

Yes and need our current group to be a year older.

Need better players

Lovett will be collecting social security in a year
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Wods317

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2017, 11:57:53 AM »
Has Trump lowered the social security age? LoVett is 20, and will be until March 4th.  A bit old for a freshman, granted,  but not his fault he was forced to redshirt last year by the NCAA. 

Creigfhton has, what, 6 or 7 guys older than that, including 5th year seniors and 4th year juniors?  LoVett's got 17 games of college ball played.  The point wasn't just chronological age -- and Freudenberg, Yakwe, Elllison and lots of our guys are very young -- but experience playing D1 college ball.

Yea I don't get making a big deal of his age. Doesn't matter all. Plenty of people who sit out a year are 24 when they wrap up their careers

Johnny23

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2017, 01:02:32 PM »
Has Trump lowered the social security age? LoVett is 20, and will be until March 4th.  A bit old for a freshman, granted,  but not his fault he was forced to redshirt last year by the NCAA. 

Creigfhton has, what, 6 or 7 guys older than that, including 5th year seniors and 4th year juniors?  LoVett's got 17 games of college ball played.  The point wasn't just chronological age -- and Freudenberg, Yakwe, Elllison and lots of our guys are very young -- but experience playing D1 college ball.

Yea I don't get making a big deal of his age. Doesn't matter all. Plenty of people who sit out a year are 24 when they wrap up their careers

+1

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2017, 04:06:31 PM »
Jimmy Hall, local kid got kicked out of Hofstra after 7 games as a freshman because of a burglary charge,  now averaging 18 and 10 as a senior for Kent State.  Any chance he has one year of eligibility left and he takes his talents home to Queens?

Marillac

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2017, 07:17:30 PM »
Jimmy Hall, local kid got kicked out of Hofstra after 7 games as a freshman because of a burglary charge,  now averaging 18 and 10 as a senior for Kent State.  Any chance he has one year of eligibility left and he takes his talents home to Queens?

I believe he went straight to a JUCO that season after the 7 games with Hofstra. Either way, this is his last season of eligibity.

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2017, 08:18:50 AM »

I believe he went straight to a JUCO that season after the 7 games with Hofstra. Either way, this is his last season of eligibity.
Thanks, that's too bad.

goredmen

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2017, 11:13:28 AM »
Judging by Paultzman's new avi, I'm guessing this is looking very good

paultzman

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2017, 12:16:45 PM »

Just agreeing with Fordham & SJU79

derk

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2017, 01:07:35 PM »

Just agreeing with Fordham & SJU79

Expecting a verbal shortly or waiting for the signing period ?

paultzman

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2017, 05:28:52 PM »
Per Zach B
St John's assistant Matt Abdelmassih at national prep showcase next 2 days for top '17 target Derrick Walker, who visits weekend. #sjubb

Down to Tennessee & Johnnies it appears

SJU79

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2017, 07:32:36 PM »
It would be VERY surprising if he was not here next year

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2017, 09:15:12 PM »
It would be VERY surprising if he was not here next year

Thanks man!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2017, 09:16:59 PM »
Corey Evans – ‏@coreyevans_10

Tennessee here at the #NPSI for 2017 Sunrise big man Derrick Walker; visits St John's this weekend for an official

Marillac

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2017, 09:39:56 PM »
Per Zach B
St John's assistant Matt Abdelmassih at national prep showcase next 2 days for top '17 target Derrick Walker, who visits weekend. #sjubb

Down to Tennessee & Johnnies it appears

Tariq can help him there.

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2017, 10:03:13 PM »
I thought Owens left Tennesee because the HC that recruited him was fired due to violations at his previous college.

paultzman

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2017, 10:05:28 PM »
I thought Owens left Tennesee because the HC that recruited him was fired due to violations at his previous college.
True, was not a Rick Barnes recruit.

derk

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2017, 10:09:54 AM »
Corey Evans – ‏@coreyevans_10

Tennessee here at the #NPSI for 2017 Sunrise big man Derrick Walker; visits St John's this weekend for an official

So, at the Xavier game and a verbal on Monday ?

MCNPA

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2017, 03:27:14 PM »
I have to say, the fact that Rick Barnes wants him is also a good sign.  Barnes is a very good recruiter.