Bryan Trimble, SG, Kansas City, Ks. - ST. JOHN'S

• 162 replies
Re: Bryan Trimble, SG, Kansas City, Ks.
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 03:17:21 AM »
Watched a few of his games. He's very athletic and can guard the 1, 2 or 3 position. Good free throw shooter, good form on his shot, very good slasher and can shoot from deep. Not a creator of offense for himself or for others, but makes good passes to put others in position to create. Pretty much a very good role player, with potential to grow. Gets after it on defense, from what I've seen.

Poison

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 08:08:19 AM »
Looks like a promising role player that would be a great fit at DePaul.

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 09:01:16 AM »
Are you an expert on who would be a good fit for DePaul?

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 09:16:28 AM »
Are you saying he would not be a good fit here? FSU, Ok State, SMU, Providence, Georgia - Those are pretty good offers for a role player at Depaul

MCNPA

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2017, 09:23:08 AM »
Are you saying he would not be a good fit here? FSU, Ok State, SMU, Providence, Georgia - Those are pretty good offers for a role player at Depaul
Sorry, meant to quote Poison...

He had committed to Florida State who finished 2nd in the ACC this year ahead of Duke, Virginia, Norte Dame, Louisville etc.  FSU was 25-6 regular season and a second round NCAA tourney team.  How is he a role-player, DePaul recruit if he was just recently signed to a top tier ACC team??  That's just silly.

There are lots of role player guards out there.  Our staff wouldn't have jumped all over this kid after his de-commit if they felt he was just a role-player..
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:42:47 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 09:42:25 AM »

He had committed to Florida State who finished 2nd in the ACC this year ahead of Duke, Virginia, Norte Dame, Louisville etc.  FSU was 25-6 regular season and a second round NCAA tourney team.  How is he a role-player, DePaul recruit if he was just recently signed to a top tier ACC team??  That's just silly.

There are lots of role player guards out there.  Our staff wouldn't have jumped all over this kid after his de-commit if they felt he was just a role-player..

I agree with you i would take this kid in a heartbeat....I guess i should not be shocked by Poisons comments as every recruit we get there some issue he has with it.

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 09:43:03 AM »
I think the words "role player" are taken the wrong way here. What I mean by that is that he is a very good complimentary player. He's someone who doesn't take bad shots, plays defense, moves the ball and moves himself. Clear role here with our scorers and facilitators and a perfect small ball 3.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:47:33 AM by Save The Hero »

MCNPA

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 09:47:47 AM »
I think the words "role player" is taken the wrong way here. What I mean by that is that he is a very good complimentary player. He's someone who doesn't take bad shots, plays defense, moves the ball and moves himself. Clear role here with our scorers and facilitators and a perfect small ball 3.

It's not how you used the term.  Poison's intent was clearly different.

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 09:51:38 AM »
I think the words "role player" is taken the wrong way here. What I mean by that is that he is a very good complimentary player. He's someone who doesn't take bad shots, plays defense, moves the ball and moves himself. Clear role here with our scorers and facilitators and a perfect small ball 3.

It's not how you used the term.  Poison's intent was clearly different.

If you read my viewpoint on his game, I think the one negative I pointed out on him was his ability to handle the ball to be a shot creator. I might have used the wrong phrase or words, but I certainly did not intend to say that he is not a high caliber player.

Poison's intent was probably as such though.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:52:48 AM by Save The Hero »

paultzman

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2017, 10:13:55 AM »
Braziller‏Verified account
@NYPost_Brazille
Follow
More
St John's is hosting Florida State decommit Bryan Trimble, a three star 2017 guard, on an official visit currently #sjubb

Hopefully he is eligible

Johnny23

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2017, 10:15:25 AM »
Well at least he can dunk  :)

MCNPA

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2017, 10:35:00 AM »
@NYPost_Brazille
Follow
More
St John's is hosting Florida State decommit Bryan Trimble, a three star 2017 guard, on an official visit currently #sjubb

Hopefully he is eligible

Any question about eligibility you've heard of?  I haven't read anything of the sort.  Hopefully we get another prompt commit from this kid. 

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2017, 10:43:39 AM »
One door closes (Mussini) and another door Opens....

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2017, 10:54:14 AM »
Based on Marvins IG they're all at the garden right now

derk

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2017, 11:09:16 AM »
@NYPost_Brazille
Follow
More

Hopefully he is eligible

So he is a 2017 eligible, replace Mussini recruit. Correct ? - barring any academic problems. Then go ahead and sign him.

ras

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 11:24:33 AM »
Looks like a promising role player that would be a great fit at De Paul.
You have been making Baldi sound like a Pollyanna.

Poison

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2017, 11:26:17 AM »

I agree with you i would take this kid in a heartbeat....I guess i should not be shocked by Poisons comments as every recruit we get there some issue he has with it.

Really? What recruits would that be?

Poison

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2017, 11:29:00 AM »
Looks like a promising role player that would be a great fit at De Paul.
You have been making Baldi sound like a Pollyanna.

Baldi is right quite often. Take off the blinders. We should have had a roster loaded with upperclassmen. Now? We've got Ahmed, Alibegovic and Yakwe. Two out of three are the most clueless players in the conference. That's put a ton on Ahmed's shoulders.

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2017, 11:59:43 AM »
@NYPost_Brazille
Follow
More

Hopefully he is eligible

Any question about eligibility you've heard of?  I haven't read anything of the sort.  Hopefully we get another prompt commit from this kid. 
Sent you a pm
and a cryptic response for the rest of us!  :2funny:

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2017, 12:03:52 PM »
Trimble is at the Garden with the team. Hopefully thats the nail in the coffin.

Im more excited about this kid than Keita. Im a sucker for athletic combo guards. I think he can really make an impact.