• 231 replies
Re: Joe Girard, G, Glens Falls, NY
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2018, 06:58:49 PM »
A kid we can use but, wait not athelic enough😂

Mike

« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2018, 07:23:47 PM »
4 year kid. Sign me up

If he is willing to accept the role then we might have a chance. If his father I mean him wants to start right away then a school like UMASS.

« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2018, 07:25:02 PM »
4 year kid. Sign me up

If he is willing to accept the role then we might have a chance. If his father I mean him wants to start right away then a school like UMASS.

I'm expecting big roster turnover next year

Pete88

« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2018, 07:55:51 PM »
4 year kid. Sign me up

Are they running out of cars?

« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2018, 10:40:41 PM »
4 year kid. Sign me up

Are they running out of cars?

Actually we can all go to sleep now, we have the news we have been waiting for about "our" roster next year...

Foad

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2018, 07:28:19 AM »
I'm hoping for a big roster turnover next year

IFYPFY

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2018, 07:52:06 AM »

IFYPFY
Thanks! Why would anyone want a last place roster back

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2018, 10:31:29 AM »
Joe G is EXACTLY the kind of player this team needs. A basketball player, saavy and fundementally sound. Im sick of "athletic freak" projects that cant shoot and know shot selection.

Foad

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2018, 10:39:23 AM »

IFYPFY

I'll play. Who do you want to see leave, who would replace them, and how would that improve things.

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2018, 10:57:28 AM »

IFYPFY

I'll play. Who do you want to see leave, who would replace them, and how would that improve things.

All good questions, for the staff.  I'll be glad to see the seniors go. Ahmed is awful. Not a fan of Clark and his 1 rebound a game, but he's not going anywhere. Pretty sure Lovett is gone.  Rumblings about Owens moving to showcase his skills. Big programs probably already in Pinds ear. Richmond most likely gone too along with others on the staff. So next year, my guess is the starting 5 will look something like this.
Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2018, 11:22:42 AM »

IFYPFY

All good questions, for the staff.  I'll be glad to see the seniors go. Ahmed is awful. Not a fan of Clark and his 1 rebound a game, but he's not going anywhere. Pretty sure Lovett is gone.  Rumblings about Owens moving to showcase his skills. Big programs probably already in Pinds ear. Richmond most likely gone too along with others on the staff. So next year, my guess is the starting 5 will look something like this.
Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

This list is laughable at worse. Ponds isn’t going anywhere and by all accounts Williams is already better than Trimble. This doesn’t even include the adding of J’raan brooks ( who I’m confident is paying a little extra to keep this commit). Just stop!

« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2018, 11:23:50 AM »
No shot in He)) is that going to be the starting lineup next year.  The staff is already looking to fill Lovett's scholarship, and it won't be a frosh, it will be a grad transfer.  Pond's is not going to leave, unless he is 100% certain that he will get drafted, or the new transfer rule will allow him to suit up from day 1. 

IMO, Brooks would not be on campus for him not to start.  Always a possibility, but he will start from day 1 if he is here.  Keita could eventually start, but only would from day 1 if Owens were to leave.

« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2018, 11:26:55 AM »
No shot in He)) is that going to be the starting lineup next year.  The staff is already looking to fill Lovett's scholarship, and it won't be a frosh, it will be a grad transfer.  Pond's is not going to leave, unless he is 100% certain that he will get drafted, or the new transfer rule will allow him to suit up from day 1. 

IMO, Brooks would not be on campus for him not to start.  Always a possibility, but he will start from day 1 if he is here.  Keita could eventually start, but only would from day 1 if Owens were to leave.

Pinds doesn't want to sit out, but if that new rule is put in place. He's gone. I'm not counting on Brooks until I see him on the layup line game 1

Foad

« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2018, 11:41:11 AM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

So by " big roster turnover" you meant that the seniors will graduate and the guy who quit the team won't return.

« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2018, 11:41:54 AM »
I do not want to derail this thread about mullin, but IMO, Mullin has to do his best job recruiting this offseason with both the current players and future.  The kid Girard, can not be a replacement if he were to come,  he needs to be a compliment.

Biggest offseason for SJU in last 20 years.  No two ways about it.

Pete88

« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2018, 11:44:42 AM »

Pinds doesn't want to sit out, but if that new rule is put in place. He's gone. I'm not counting on Brooks until I see him on the layup line game 1

Thought Ponds was heading to Arizona?  Now its IF that new rule changes?  Oh you prognosticator you!!!  What happens to the car though?

« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2018, 11:46:15 AM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

So by " big roster turnover" you meant that the seniors will graduate and the guy who quit the team won't return.

Owens and Shamorry

« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2018, 11:48:07 AM »

Thought Ponds was heading to Arizona?  Now its IF that new rule changes?  Oh you prognosticator you!!!  What happens to the car though?

Get a new 1 in Zona

Foad

« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2018, 11:51:44 AM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

Owens and Shamorry

And as a St John's fan you're "hoping" that those two will leave. Nuff said.

<never mind, that was me>
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:52:50 AM by Foad »

goredmen

« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2018, 11:53:43 AM »

IFYPFY

Dixon
Trimble
Simon
 Clark
Keita

Ah yes, because of course there will only be guys leaving and no new faces coming in via transfer. It's not like we have one of the best transfer recruiters in the game or anything.

If Ponds transfers, will he have to serve that suspension for those summer games he played in last year? Still waiting for that one