Corruption Probe in the Recruiting Ranks

• 189 replies
Re: Corruption Probe in the Recruiting Ranks
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2017, 04:06:21 PM »
I don't think Mullin or Matt would get involved in such things.

But now we know why we didn't get some of the big ticket guys who went to Arizona (or committed to) and Auburn that Slice wanted here.

And Lavin's crew?  Well....

Lavin and his staff also similarly missed out on so-called "big ticket guys." 

They got a couple.  One of which is in the slammer and the other a dope fiend....

I think we landed Jordan because no one really wanted to deal with his whimsical-like behavior. 

Because a dude smoked weed, he's now a "dope fiend?"  I also wouldn't consider Obekpa one of the "big tickets," as he was a top 60 recruit.  That's not a "big ticket" in the recruiting world. 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:09:02 PM by mjdinkins »

MCNPA

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2017, 04:16:27 PM »
I also find it "interesting" looking back, on how Heron and Alkins were Slice's guys, and he and Matt had a falling out over their recruitment.  Both Heron and Alkins could be at center of this thing. 

NYCoffey

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2017, 04:35:13 PM »
Maybe Louisville hires Norm to clean thing up  :)

paultzman

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2017, 04:46:15 PM »
I also find it "interesting" looking back, on how Heron and Alkins were Slice's guys, and he and Matt had a falling out over their recruitment.  Both Heron and Alkins could be at center of this thing. 
Terrance Ferguson, exhibit 3
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:50:00 PM by paultzman »

wpc77

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2017, 04:51:29 PM »
Terrance Ferguson, exhibit 3

Exactly.

Glad we have Mullin.  Now we need to see him improve as an in game coach.

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2017, 04:51:40 PM »
Perhaps Slice wanted to "play ball" and Mullin said no?
I don't post very often but take this for what it's worth.  When Slice left I asked my next door neighbor, who happens to be a division one head basketball coach. I asked him if he knew anything and all he said was "Mullin likes to do things above board".

Lol. Hillarious

goredmen

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2017, 05:16:26 PM »
I don't post very often but take this for what it's worth.  When Slice left I asked my next door neighbor, who happens to be a division one head basketball coach. I asked him if he knew anything and all he said was "Mullin likes to do things above board".

Lol. Hillarious

Sinkin with that ship ey?

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2017, 05:17:57 PM »
Don't think it does any good to get into a debate on this.   Fans of every college program at the D-1 level, whether it be the America East, MAAC, Big East, etc, should just want their program to come clear of this.  I expect the big boys to be implicated the most, but we shall see.  As Paultz alluded, cutting corners occurs everywhere (remember the scandal with Kevin Broadus and freaking Binghamton a few years ago).  Some do it worse than others, and my hope is that the worst offenders get hit here without wading into ridiculousness.

wpc77

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2017, 05:20:04 PM »
I don't think Mullin or Matt would get involved in such things.

But now we know why we didn't get some of the big ticket guys who went to Arizona (or committed to) and Auburn that Slice wanted here.

And Lavin's crew?  Well....

Lavin and his staff also similarly missed out on so-called "big ticket guys." 

They got a couple.  One of which is in the slammer and the other a dope fiend....

I think we landed Jordan because no one really wanted to deal with his whimsical-like behavior. 

Because a dude smoked weed, he's now a "dope fiend?"  I also wouldn't consider Obekpa one of the "big tickets," as he was a top 60 recruit.  That's not a "big ticket" in the recruiting world. 

It's a big ticket for SJU given how we have recruited since 2000 or so.

I am using hyperbole in calling him a dope fiend. 

Just be happy that we don't have Lavin anymore.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 05:28:09 PM by wpc77 »

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2017, 05:20:30 PM »

Lol. Hillarious

A bit defensive?  Poor Slice couldn't convince Mullin to go the shady route.  Makes sense now...

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2017, 05:20:45 PM »

Lol. Hillarious

Sinkin with that ship ey?

Can't be serious. Shirley

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2017, 05:21:19 PM »

Lol. Hillarious

A bit defensive?  Poor Slice couldn't convince Mullin to go the shady route.  Makes sense now...

Do you really want to go there?

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2017, 05:22:15 PM »

Lol. Hillarious

Sure why not?  Bring it wuss.

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2017, 05:23:53 PM »

Lol. Hillarious

Seems a little unfair to drag Slice's name through the mud based on speculation.

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2017, 05:24:50 PM »

Lol. Hillarious

Seems a little unfair to drag Slice's name through the mud based on speculation.

Good point and you are right.  I have no knowledge of anything.  However, connecting the dots does make things a tad suspicious.

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2017, 05:33:13 PM »

Lol. Hillarious

Since you asked. Would love to know how our star player is driving a jaguar, sporting a Rolex. I can go on, if ya want

As a Slice apologist and St. John's hater, why don't you go ahead and call the FBI hotline.  Sad.

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2017, 05:35:45 PM »

Lol. Hillarious

Since you asked. Would love to know how our star player is driving a jaguar, sporting a Rolex. I can go on, if ya want

As a Slice apologist and St. John's hater, why don't you go ahead and call the FBI hotline.  Sad.

You asked , nice person.  The rats are all in the coaching ranks

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2017, 06:11:39 PM »

Lol. Hillarious

You're right I took the bait - I should know better.  Never takes much for you to bash SJU though.  Happy trolling.

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2017, 06:15:00 PM »

Lol. Hillarious

You're right I took the bait - I should know better.  Never takes much for you to bash SJU though.  Happy trolling.

Glad you admitted it . Some  recruit that didn't bite dropped St Johns name.

goredmen

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2017, 06:26:47 PM »

Lol. Hillarious

But Slice is clean?