Nebraska

• 181 replies

TONYD3

Re: Nebraska
« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2017, 11:52:01 AM »
Clarke’s first foul was ridiculous. He didn’t touch him. But he has to be a lot smarter. Hopefully it will be mentioned during film study. From memory all of his fouls were kind of soft.

« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2017, 01:31:11 PM »

« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2017, 04:33:03 PM »
Too much praise for the team from coach in the presser.  That and players hearing how great they are for a week in class is a recipe for disaster in Florida.

All we did is hold serve in the first game of a five setter.  Let's not start blowing each other yet.

« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2017, 04:41:20 PM »
Too much praise for the team from coach in the presser.  That and players hearing how great they are for a week in class is a recipe for disaster in Florida.

All we did is hold serve in the first game of a five setter.  Let's not start blowing each other yet.

Confidence is a good thing. I'm ok with the team and coach being proud of themselves after a good win.

TONYD3

« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2017, 04:46:32 PM »

It has been 2 years of absolute beatdowns. Everyone including the fans probably were to excited. I know I was. Molloy is next. Plenty of time to get refocused.

« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2017, 05:42:52 PM »
This game was evidence that the team we have right now can play defense and rebound when focused. That's reason to be optimistic that it can continue to do so.

Wods317

« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2017, 06:03:31 PM »

Confidence is a good thing. I'm ok with the team and coach being proud of themselves after a good win.

+1 in with yea. As long as they don't become cocky but I don't see that from this group. I think they are hungry

« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2017, 07:23:55 PM »

It has been 2 years of absolute beatdowns. Everyone including the fans probably were to excited. I know I was. Molloy is next. Plenty of time to get refocused.
Jets at 4-5 were admittedly overconfident vs Tampa Bay and they are professionals with years more experience. Former St. John's teams that were below .500 were overconfident in games. Teams that have absolutely no business being over confident against anybody fall pray. Just hope the team gets confidence from this game but does not get too full of themselves.

« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2017, 07:33:34 PM »
Damn, Ponds is smooth.
His instincts for scoring remind  me so much of Bootsy Thornton. Knows just how high and how quickly to release shots inside. No wasted motion.

« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2017, 07:44:25 PM »
You have to call it how it is... Ahmed was super under control - and was a real net positive.  If he's like that every game, it puts a lot of pressure on other teams, with the scoring options we have.

If we have swarming / quick-handed defense that we have tonight...against all teams; then we got a real shot this season.

The team was really fired up on the defensive side of the ball.  Keep it up boys.

Thought Ahmed had a few of the forces. But saw him fitting in more than usual. If he settles into that role, he can be a big asset.

desco80

« Reply #170 on: November 17, 2017, 08:32:56 PM »
Ahmed put in the effort to crash the glass on the offensive end.   Noticeable change

TONYD3

« Reply #171 on: November 17, 2017, 08:54:33 PM »

Jets at 4-5 were admittedly overconfident vs Tampa Bay and they are professionals with years more experience. Former St. John's teams that were below .500 were overconfident in games. Teams that have absolutely no business being over confident against anybody fall pray. Just hope the team gets confidence from this game but does not get too full of themselves.
That jet team lost and will lose because it had little talent. They have won some games and played well because of coaching. Our team has talent. We didn’t play great Thursday. We could have beaten them worse. Rebounding defense, and decision making, dont  go in slumps. Some nights you shoot better. Yesterday, I think we took 15 3’s. Sometimes it’s close to 30. Often we get killed on the boards, from memory I think we out rebounded (this so called tough match up) by like 15.
We have plenty of talent, size, and depth to play well in Florida.

« Reply #172 on: November 17, 2017, 09:03:29 PM »
Hope so TONY3 but I would chill on us all of a sudden being a strong defensive and rebounding team after ONE game.

TONYD3

« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2017, 09:11:14 PM »
Hope so TONY3 but I would chill on us all of a sudden being a strong defensive and rebounding team after ONE game.
My opinion of the team hasn’t changed. I thought we had talent last week. We played defense and rebounded 1 day. That isn’t luck. Coaches deserve credit. When we have given up 100 points in a game, I didn’t think it bad luck.

« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2017, 10:17:48 PM »

I understand.  But that's what I'm here for.  To be the voice of reason.

ras

« Reply #175 on: November 17, 2017, 10:29:22 PM »

I think the praise was deserved and Mullin is straight shooter. He will always talk about areas of improvement. Our D and rebounding improved. We passed w purpose looking for the open man and even had an inside game. I think we looked like a well coached team. But yes it is only one game so I agree w your last statement.

« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2017, 01:56:58 AM »

I think the praise was deserved and Mullin is straight shooter. He will always talk about areas of improvement. Our D and rebounding improved. We passed w purpose looking for the open man and even had an inside game. I think we looked like a well coached team. But yes it is only one game so I agree w your last statement.
Even if we go undefeated and win the National Championship I totally agree with carmine's very last statement "Let's not start blowing each other yet". You can change yet to NEVER!

« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2017, 03:01:45 AM »

+1 in with yea. As long as they don't become cocky but I don't see that from this group. I think they are hungry

If they do become cocky, I hope Mullin reminds them how they felt last year, and not making the ncaa tourny.
Don't get to happy, after each win it's on to the next.
Mission isn't accomplished yet.

« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2017, 10:39:53 PM »
Just an fYI, not suggesting Nebraska is a good team but they are up double digits at home on the second half against arguably the 2nd best Big 10 team, MInnesota.

Also again not suggesting Rutgers is a very good team but they are going to give some teams trouble especially at home.  They are going to be competitive.  They played Michigan St for most of the 2nd half very tough, keeping it 1 or 2 possession game for most of the 2nd half before St won 62-52.  I only say this because so many on this board were ready to jump off a bridge after SJU lost at the buzzer at Rutgers in a exhibition game.

QuanMan

« Reply #179 on: December 05, 2017, 11:14:49 PM »
Bump up that RPI!
Section 3
Section 116