Marillac

Re: The Perfect Coach for ST John's
« Reply #180 on: January 22, 2018, 05:00:52 PM »
Geno stats
Frosh 33% shooting % 3.9 asst 3.2 TO's
Soph 37% 4.9 asst 3.7 to's
Junior 38% 3.2 asst 2.6 to's
Sen 34% 3.6 asst 2.3 to's

But he was a good point and Simon can't dribble?????

Lawrence was a backup in a starring role. Not his fault. Norm openly discussed how he and Mase had to score. That wasn't his game. Lawrence also drew the top perimeter defender. That goes to Ponds on this team.

And the PG is an extension of the coach...I know we can agree that Norm was a mongoloid.

« Reply #181 on: January 22, 2018, 05:03:33 PM »
Geno stats

Lawrence was a backup in a starring role. Not his fault. Norm openly discussed how he and Mase had to score. That wasn't his game. Lawrence also drew the top perimeter defender. That goes to Ponds on this team.

And the PG is an extension of the coach...I know we can agree that Norm was a mongoloid.

Yes I agree with your Norm and Fordham sentiments. And if you keep throwing Geno's name out there I might start siding with Fordham.

« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2018, 06:05:35 PM »
Geno stats

Like I said before, Simon is a great athlete who happens to play basketball

Geno was a terrible athlete that played terrible basketball

And yet 10 years later he's still making money playing ball.  Good for him.  While he may not have been starting BE PG material, especially back then, he seemed like a good enough guy.

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/team/Czech-Republic/CEZ-Basketball-Nymburk/3842

From wiki:
Eugene went to play in Slovakia for SPU Nitra from 2008 to 2009, where he was named Player of the Year and won the Finals with his team.[3] He then moved to Czech Republic for three seasons. While playing for BK Prostejov from 2009 to 2011, Lawrence was runner-up in the Czech League for two season. In his second season there, he was named MVP of the All-Star Game. His team made it to EuroChallenge last 16 in the 2010–11 season. In the 2011–12 season, he then moved to ČEZ Nymburk, where he won the Czech championship. He was named to the All-Star team starting five for the second season in a row.

From 2012 to 2014, Lawrence played in Ukraine for BC Hoverla. During his second season he left the team due to political hardships and civil war within the country. He then moved to Germany to play for Telekom Baskets Bonn.

In September 2016, Lawrence returned to ČEZ Nymburk.[4]

TONYD3

« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2018, 06:05:58 PM »
This is year 3 of a total rebuild (why are we always in a total rebuild). I have seen progress each year and that is what I look for. Not some arbitrary pre-season finish in the standings. Year 1 was a wash. Year 2 wasn't much better but I was concerned about the way the team played defense. Year 3 defense showed improvement, the effort from the players are there. The lose of ML cannot be emphasized enough on our struggles. We essentially have one ball handler, no shooters, and no inside game. It's not the offense, the players cannot execute the plays. Good luck finding success in Big East play without any of those. Yes it's on the staff to construct a team, i believe they are, its just not happening as fast as we would like. Many of you want Mullin to tell Amar stop taking three's, well that's not the offense. Although Amar can't make those, that 4/5 star kid we're recruiting can and they need to see the type of offense they would be playing in. Next we will have a full roster, next year is when we need to see significant progress.
Agree with most of what you said . Still he needs to go. ABSOLUTELY no reason to be as bad as we were. We are so much better now. Still we played 10 good teams this year, lost everyone. We should rejoice that we don’t give up a 100 points? Sunday another example of how bad of a coaching staff we have. That was bad luck? ABSOLUTELY no reason to be as bad as we are.

You guys can be as positive as you want. Does anyone really think we are getting the next Shamorie Ponds? Would any of you send your son to this joke if you had better options?

Trust the process
The rest of the big east is scared . They are going to bring in another assistant. Sleeping giant
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:08:38 PM by TONYD3 »

Pete88

« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2018, 06:44:53 PM »
This is year 3 of a total rebuild (why are we always in a total rebuild). I have seen progress each year and that is what I look for. Not some arbitrary pre-season finish in the standings. Year 1 was a wash. Year 2 wasn't much better but I was concerned about the way the team played defense. Year 3 defense showed improvement, the effort from the players are there. The lose of ML cannot be emphasized enough on our struggles. We essentially have one ball handler, no shooters, and no inside game. It's not the offense, the players cannot execute the plays. Good luck finding success in Big East play without any of those. Yes it's on the staff to construct a team, i believe they are, its just not happening as fast as we would like. Many of you want Mullin to tell Amar stop taking three's, well that's not the offense. Although Amar can't make those, that 4/5 star kid we're recruiting can and they need to see the type of offense they would be playing in. Next we will have a full roster, next year is when we need to see significant progress.
Agree with most of what you said . Still he needs to go. ABSOLUTELY no reason to be as bad as we were. We are so much better now. Still we played 10 good teams this year, lost everyone. We should rejoice that we don’t give up a 100 points? Sunday another example of how bad of a coaching staff we have. That was bad luck? ABSOLUTELY no reason to be as bad as we are.

You guys can be as positive as you want. Does anyone really think we are getting the next Shamorie Ponds? Would any of you send your son to this joke if you had better options?

Trust the process
The rest of the big east is scared . They are going to bring in another assistant. Sleeping giant

Blah blah blah... blah blah blah blah.
Blah blah, blah blah blah.

« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2018, 07:29:13 PM »

Trust the process

Wait a minute. You DON'T like Mullin?

« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2018, 10:48:35 PM »
Masiello is still available