Mullin extension

• 84 replies
Mullin extension
« on: January 22, 2018, 04:58:00 PM »
A well placed source tells me there is a great chance Mullin will get an extension to help boost recruiting

Re: Mullin extension
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 05:00:55 PM »
A well placed source tells me there is a great chance Mullin will get an extension to help boost recruiting

This should be a fun thread. And is this the same source that told Marillac that Ponds is the next Curry?

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 05:03:25 PM »

This should be a fun thread. And is this the same source that told Marillac that Ponds is the next Curry?

This is happening. Dilly Dilly

Foad

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 05:09:50 PM »

This is happening

So much for the email Goff campaign. On the bright side everyone can go back to getting pretzels at halftime. 

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 05:13:15 PM »

This is happening

So much for the email Goff campaign. On the bright side everyone can go back to getting pretzels at halftime. 

Firenorm.com.

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 05:18:04 PM »

This is happening

Firenorm.com.

I'll continue to support any coach that brings in top recruits. That at least provides hope. You can always learn to to coach or run a program better with time...or hire someone that can do it for you.

Paul Hewitt went to the national championship game and he couldn't coach a lick.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 05:31:02 PM »
His office is get an extension cord

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 05:31:45 PM »
His office is get an extension cord

Great sentence. Thanks

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2018, 05:39:10 PM »
I would say less than 1% of all the rumors that are thrown out there come true, but if the 1% is ponds leaving and this one falls in the 99% category, I would be ecstatic.

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2018, 05:52:41 PM »
I would say less than 1% of all the rumors that are thrown out there come true, but if the 1% is ponds leaving and this one falls in the 99% category, I would be ecstatic.

Would you want to be the AD that fires the face of the program?

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2018, 06:06:50 PM »
Part of the job and no need to extend with 3 years remaining on Mullins contract.  If families are bringing up contract now in 2020 class, then they already know program is in bad shape.

Pete88

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 06:47:05 PM »

Xavier

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2018, 06:59:18 PM »

Xavier

Xavier who?

QuanMan

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 07:19:06 PM »
Baldi dropping a bomb on the nation, nice scoop! Considering Chris isn't going anywhere, this is a good PR move at this juncture.
Section 3
Section 116

goredmen

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 07:25:51 PM »
Baldi dropping a bomb on the nation, nice scoop! Considering Chris isn't going anywhere, this is a good PR move at this juncture.

Yes nothing says great public relations like adding years to a coach's contract after 8 straight losses

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 07:31:23 PM »

Yes nothing says great public relations like adding years to a coach's contract after 8 straight losses

And firing the face of the program is good?

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2018, 07:32:39 PM »
I think Baldi cut and pasted his thread about Norm getting an extension in one of his final years and just changed the name to Mullin :)

goredmen

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2018, 07:35:12 PM »

No. I don't want Mullin fired. But this dude just claimed it would be a good PR move to extend him which is laughable. I don't know if/when this is going to happen but announcing it in the middle of a 8 game losing streak seems pretty stupid

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2018, 07:39:36 PM »

No. I don't want Mullin fired. But this dude just claimed it would be a good PR move to extend him which is laughable. I don't know if/when this is going to happen but announcing it in the middle of a 8 game losing streak seems pretty stupid

As Fun noted I am sure a lot of alumni  $ is tied into the fact that 40, 50 and 60 year old guys love Mullin. All you really young guys complaining can't compete with that so no one of importance is going to pay any attention to your complaints. And ST John's does not have the kind of following that is really going to make a stir even if 50% of the fan base is annoyed. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:40:25 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2018, 07:49:46 PM »

As Fun noted I am sure a lot of alumni  $ is tied into the fact that 40, 50 and 60 year old guys love Mullin. All you really young guys complaining can't compete with that so no one of importance is going to pay any attention to your complaints. And ST John's does not have the kind of following that is really going to make a stir even if 50% of the fan base is annoyed. 

Yup. Nobody cares about the millennial bitching