Welcome to the Jungle....(New & Old Members introduce yourselves)

• 170 replies
Re: Welcome to the Jungle....(New & Old Members introduce yourselves)
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2011, 12:34:56 PM »
Nice site.  Very impressive work.
Look forward to following all the SJU BB news.

« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »
I had to sign up for an account in order to read.   I think we should have the option.  I miss my daily redmen news so I had to sign up here in order to read.   I personally think that is unfair, but oh well.  and Why do i have to type in letters to submit a post.   LOL this is a mess.  Password has to be upercase and lowercase, I will never EVER remember this password.  Not even my bank websites require all of that security.   Just ways to improve the site.    I hope redmen.com comes back....

If you find it to be such an inconvenience you don't have to read or visit here. I hope that your feelings change and see how and why things are done the way they are here. There are hackers and spammers out there that ruin boards. These are the measures I have to take in order to insure everyone's safety and privacy here. Maybe you fail to realize the time, effort, and resources that are poured to provide you a FREE community to obtain breaking news and discuss various topics/issues about St. John's in a 1st class atmosphere. I really can't believe your audacity to complain.

Why can't I just read the board and not be a member?  I would read, I tried to sign up for this board 4 times and I finally got through.  I appreciate it being Free and you doing a good job.   Why do you find it necessary to read the board only if you are signed up?  That is my issue.

Diva

« Reply #102 on: April 29, 2011, 04:05:10 PM »
Hey Dave, Did Marco just call a priest a Diva?  LOL

« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2011, 11:22:55 AM »

I was laughing all morning at that.   That was terrific good job.

« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2011, 02:52:16 PM »

And I was being nice

« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2011, 03:12:45 PM »
Turned 61 last month (March). Must have been a member of Redmen.com for 6 or 7 years. Mostly read the posts, since I don't live in the city, and don't get to see too many St. John's games on the TV, I would read the posts of the guys who actually went to the games. I guess I started following the Red Storm/Redmen around 1975, while I was still living in the city. It may have been the year that they beat Oral Roberts in the 2nd round of the NIT. I know I was a full fledged fan during that magical run they had in the 1979 NCAA Tournament. I do recall seeing at least one of their games on old B&W television, during Joe Lapchick's days.

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2011, 03:22:20 PM »

And I was being nice

One game this year, we gotta get a beer together.  I enjoy reading your posts.   I don't like to post because I always got beat up for what I say :'(.   It appears it starts again.   I guess I am :idiot2:.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 03:22:57 PM by JimS1982 »

« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2011, 04:17:23 PM »

And I was being nice

One game this year, we gotta get a beer together.  I enjoy reading your posts.   I don't like to post because I always got beat up for what I say :'(.   It appears it starts again.   I guess I am :idiot2:.

If you read my posts, you should know I was being sarcastic. Budweiser it is. Most of the people on this board enjoy my posts, they just dont like to admit it. Dont be afraid to post, Im certainly not ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 04:17:54 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2011, 02:41:41 PM »
Hi,
I am benthall85.  I was a student in the first class ever held in Bent Hall, taught by University President Father Cahill.  The Assistant Professor was my all time favorite Johnny Frankie Gilroy.

It is interesting to note Frank's son, Matt, is a player for the hockey Rangers.

benthall85

« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »
hi
im a new member currently a student at Gettysburg college in pa, been a fan my whole life due to my mother working for st johns and my growing up 30 minutes away from the campus. been reading the site for 3 years and finally decided to join

Tiznow

« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2011, 10:43:05 PM »
Member of section 116 checking in.  Waiting for November.

« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2011, 07:50:07 PM »
Was a member of Redmen.com and I frequently visited johnnyjungle but never joined the forum until now. With the July recruiting period ahead, now was a great time for me to finally join

« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2011, 08:11:50 PM »
John here, St. John's grad from 1973...... season ticket holder from 1970 to 2008 but with the last regime, couldn't afford to keep eating tickets.  Will be getting season tickets again, now that the fun is starting.  I was well liked (even loved) on Yesmen, I mean Redmen.com for some time but was a greater contributer to Big East Boards where all opinions are valued, not just a company line.  Looking forward to great basketball ahead. :P

« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2011, 10:33:18 PM »
 Hello. I've been a follower of St.John's Basketball from the 1940's, while living in downstate New York and Connecticut. In Florida for the last 25 yrs. and still an avid fan. I was shocked and pleased at Coach  Lavin's successful first year and have a load of confidence in his ability to get us to the top.

« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2011, 11:16:43 PM »
Hey guys I'm 22 just graduated from Marist College and now going to SJU for graduate school pursuing my MS in School Psychology. Long Island born and raised huge Mets/Jets fan and have always lightly followed St. John's since they were the local team in a major conference. Now that I will be attending for the next 3 years I'm very excited about the team and going to some games! I love what Lavin has done with this team and it looks like St. John's is going to be a contender in the Big East again. What a great time for NY basketball with the Knicks coming along too.

« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2011, 01:13:35 PM »
Hey everyone.  My name's Marc, St. John's grad of 2009.  Live in Queens.  I've been reading this site and boards since it was born but don't post.  I find it both entertaining and informative.  Great site, Dave.  Keep up the good work and let's all hope for another step-up for the program in Coach Lav's 2nd year!

« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2011, 09:22:21 PM »
Hey My name is Anthony and I'm currently a senior at STJ. Huge fan since I've been 8 years old. Excited for the future.

« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2012, 03:59:46 PM »
I wanna thank the Storm for having me! My name is Jon and im a new fan trying to know more about the Johnies  :up:

« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2012, 09:26:16 AM »
Hi all, new member here. am older so my interest in NCAA BB is based on the original Big East Conference teams that started the conference. With recent defections, its down to just five original members but its such a storied conference and to me, is the essence of college BB in the North East. As a native NY'er St Johns is who I root for an go to a few games on campus and at the Garden each year. Hope the 2012 team is exciting to follow. I'm happy I've found this forum..

« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2013, 02:00:10 AM »
My name is Martin, I signed up and posted a couple of times a few seasons ago, and have read but have come back to try and post as much as I can. I'm a junior on campus here, I try to look at the team from a more technical perspective rather than a fan perspective. I try and scout teams from games on ESPN3 from time to time, hopefully I'll be able to continue that and share my thoughts on the board.