Welcome to the Jungle....(New & Old Members introduce yourselves)

• 170 replies
Re: Welcome to the Jungle....(New & Old Members introduce yourselves)
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2010, 04:00:15 PM »
My name is Jonathan, graduated in 1998 from SJU with my BS. Have rooted for this team since I was in school. Nice to meet everyone!

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2010, 05:43:04 PM »
Hey brand new. Been lurking here for a while. Anyways, STJ student and sports fan.

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2010, 09:56:21 PM »
Marquette alum and fellow BE fan.
Hooped on the Alumni Hall Gym floor and took a pic with Sr. Felipe Lopez.
Buddies went to SJU.
Our most beloved coach went to SJU as well.
RIP AL.

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2010, 04:36:20 PM »
Hey johnny jungle-

First time poster here.  Have been following for a while.  Recent SJU grad, dad went to SJU too.  Been following SJU bball for years.  Looking forward to posting on here more.

FIRE NORM!

peace out for now...

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2010, 11:05:31 PM »
From LI - grew up a St. John's fan and went to and graduated from Marquette.  Live in NC now and have been paying more attention to the Johnnies since we joined the Big East.  Wish the Johnnies guys were Pitt the last 5 years.  Hard to root against the the team I rooted for as kid, wish we could play each other deeper into the tournament and not the first game for the 2nd year in a row.  Would like to see St. John's come back to consistently challenge in the top of the Big East.  It can be done - some real lean years in Marquette's past after the power teams of the 70's.  Good luck tomorrow and I look forward to visiting here and keeping up with whats happening with SJU.

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2010, 02:21:46 PM »
Hello,

My name is Troy and i've been looking for a college basketball team to love for a few years (i'm 19). I've looked at pretty much every team there is and there just wasn't an instant passion for any team.

I very rarely hear or see anything about St. John's so I never really gave them a chance and I don't know much about the current team or the history behind the team but since they're close to home and just fired Norm Roberts I figured this was a great opportunity to give them a chance and start while the team is getting a fresh start. I also like the fact that St. John's isn't a top team right now, I hate seeming like a front runner.

I'm just hoping to learn from people here and see if I can develope a passion for the team. Thank you.

pmg911

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2010, 08:30:39 AM »
Hello,

My name is Troy and i've been looking for a college basketball team to love for a few years (i'm 19). I've looked at pretty much every team there is and there just wasn't an instant passion for any team.

I very rarely hear or see anything about St. John's so I never really gave them a chance and I don't know much about the current team or the history behind the team but since they're close to home and just fired Norm Roberts I figured this was a great opportunity to give them a chance and start while the team is getting a fresh start. I also like the fact that St. John's isn't a top team right now, I hate seeming like a front runner.

I'm just hoping to learn from people here and see if I can develope a passion for the team. Thank you.

Welcome back Old Red..

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2010, 08:42:14 PM »
i am manbearpig and i love st john's hoops. i desperately want them to become a consistent top big east program. nothin makes me more upset then garden full of fans of the other team, or hearing a bunch of yuppies talk about how they cant believe their mid major program just beat a big east team n we are that team. i hope a new coach can bring fans to the seats which will hopefully restore the glory days ive heard so much about.

Aces

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2010, 08:01:23 PM »
im Aces I come up with big clutch shots...

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2010, 03:17:01 AM »
I'm a pharmacy student at STJ. I was hoping we would get Paul Hewitt, but now we will probably get some second rate bozo from a mid major that's similar to Norm and be screwed for 5-6 more years.

Booksnball

• "Success Comes To Those Who Prepare for It through
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2010, 08:11:02 AM »
Old School NYC guy who wandered over from Redmen.com to see what the commotion was coming out of this new "jungle".  Very involved with student-athlete "issues" here in metro NY/NJ & nationally.Will check in from time to time & will hopefully be informative & thoughtful with my commentary.

GREAT that you have lots of students & recent grads involved. Hopefully you'll motivate more people to come to the games at Carnessecca & MSG & turn it into a REAL Jungle for the opposition. THINK Cameron Crazies with out the jumping up & down!!!
RK

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2010, 09:03:57 AM »
Hey I'm jason. 2008 pharmacy grad. I currently live in pennsylvania but still hold season tickets.

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2010, 12:37:55 AM »
Joe 1989 pharmacy grad, been a fan since george johnson

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2010, 08:48:43 AM »
Hi, Im Eddie fan of bb team for over 40+ years  ,70 grad, Loughlin member, season ticket holder, been to games with Jeff Allen as his guest and speak to Billy Goodwin every year he comes to the Bronx. Very excited about  the Redstorm  furture in all sports.Very happy on how St. John has grown into a global  university and how beautiful the campus is today.

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2010, 08:49:38 AM »
Hey guys, I attended SJU from 2004-2006 then transferred back home to finish my Masters.  Did not miss a single home game and even traveled down to Duke while I attended SJU.  An old Duke fan, but completely tranformed into an SJU fan.  I also coach girls high school varsity basketball.

javedjee84

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2010, 06:09:53 AM »
I am newbie in this forum and glad to join

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2011, 11:10:45 AM »
Hi everyone. Been a Johnnies fan since the Felipe Lopez days.  Loving the hype around the team these days and looking forward to a promising future.

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2011, 07:35:10 AM »
 I'm Pat I live in the Villages,Fl for the past 5 years.Originally lived in Queens(Queens Village)after marriage moved to Holbrook LI until 2005 when I moved to Fl after retiring earlier from the NYCTP and the from IBEW local 25.Have been a StJ fan my whole life along with ND football am pumped looking forward to the 2011 season and happy that coach Lavin has had  such great success.Go St Johns!!
Pat

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2011, 03:44:07 PM »
Hi All - Bobre45 checking in.  Been on Redmen.com forever and a season ticket holder even longer.  Good to see some familiar names.  I'm a L.I. guy but actually spend a lot of time in (Podunk) Pennsylvania these days.  Looking forward to posting here and hearing the latest news.

jr49

« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2011, 05:20:58 PM »
Mr.Dave, thank you for the site. Good hoops ahead for all on the board.