Any good current tv shows

• 30 replies

redslope

Re: Any good current tv shows
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2013, 02:52:36 PM »
MJ, how is House of Cards? Want to get around to watching it, Kevin spacey is always fantastic.
loved it. Spacey is great in it. It's like West Wing but more diabolical.

Preferred the British original of the series--Ian Richardson was diabolical as a manipulative politician and the dialogue is only as the British can write

redslope

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2013, 02:56:13 PM »
Best "new" current TV shows are on USA with series such as Burn Notice; Covert Affairs and Suits; et. al.

However, I find all repeat summer TV a good time for watching DVD's of shows I enjoyed in the past.

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 05:08:55 PM »
Best "new" current TV shows are on USA with series such as Burn Notice; Covert Affairs and Suits; et. al.

However, I find all repeat summer TV a good time for watching DVD's of shows I enjoyed in the past.

Personally I can't stand the USA shows but know some who do like them. TV shows are all about giving them a shot though IMO. I've hated shows and ended up liking them once I get to know the characters a little bit. I never gave King of Queens a chance when they were airing new episodes, now I absolutely can't get enough of it.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 06:54:14 PM »
MJ, how is House of Cards? Want to get around to watching it, Kevin spacey is always fantastic.
loved it. Spacey is great in it. It's like West Wing but more diabolical.

Preferred the British original of the series--Ian Richardson was diabolical as a manipulative politician and the dialogue is only as the British can write
speaking of the British I loved Downton Abbey.

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 08:47:46 PM »
Sunday night I have a chose between Masterpiece on PBS and Ray Donovan for last 3 weeks I have walk on Donovan. Foul mouthed thuggery is not my idea of entertainment.

gman

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2013, 04:01:12 PM »
I really enjoyed this new Amc series low winter sun. Great cast.

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2013, 12:34:55 PM »
Got to say Ray Donovan grew on us.  Never thought Schreiber fit the role but he pulls it off despite his wife being miscast. King and Maxwell isn't bad and the Dome is so stupid it works.  Dexter really tailed off and Glades is fading fast. Longmire is surprisingly good and Crossing Lines is solid.  Can't wait for Homeland, Revenge, Person of Interest and Elementary - the Big Four in our house.  We're at the point where we have to watch stuff on a second TV while the DVR does it's thing.  Tough life, especially when Dodger games are being televised and the Giants/Jets are cranking up. Thank God the golf majors are over. My behind was getting more flat than usual. 

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2013, 01:24:05 PM »
Watched the first episode of Broadchurch, only because my daughter is a David Tennant/Dr Who fanatic, and it was pretty good.  I'll keep watching.  But like Bob I'm loathe to add too much to our DVRing and TV watching.  There's too much already.

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2013, 01:24:43 PM »
I also missed a lot of great shows so look forward in the future to binge watching Louie, Breaking Bad and Homeland.

gman

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2013, 02:32:35 PM »
I also missed a lot of great shows so look forward in the future to binge watching Louie, Breaking Bad and Homeland.

I'm a little behind but just starts breaking bad. We are about 5 episodes in and I can get the hype. Will keep us occupied until sons of anarchy comes back next month.

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2013, 04:00:49 AM »
House of Lies is also really good
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"