Jordan Tucker, SF, Stepinac HS, White Plains NY

• 169 replies

paultzman

Re: Jordan Tucker, SF, Stepinac HS, White Plains NY
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2016, 08:23:01 PM »
Can't help but get the feeling that we are in really good shape with this kid.  Another top 40 talent with nice upside. 

Appears to be between SJU & Md.

MCNPA

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2016, 09:49:33 PM »
Can't help but get the feeling that we are in really good shape with this kid.  Another top 40 talent with nice upside. 

Appears to be between SJU & Md.

Totally different player than we usually recruit.  Kid is mainly a nasty jump shooter at most ranges.  Not really a slasher, but can go to the basket when need be.  Looks for his jumper anywhere after half court, and is extremely good at that whether guarded or not, at a young age.  That's a skill difficult for most college players to acquire, but his overall jump shooting is beyond his years.  Haven't seen enough of him on whether he can get inside effectively, but he's definitely a jump shooting wing type who performs well at what he does.

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2016, 10:44:59 PM »
I think he might just be stringing along.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

goredmen

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2016, 11:17:49 PM »

You think there's no way Rawle comes here and now you don't think this kid is coming but you continue to say we will be loaded the next few years. Just confusing is all

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2016, 11:38:58 PM »

You think there's no way Rawle comes here and now you don't think this kid is coming but you continue to say we will be loaded the next few years. Just confusing is all

Jordan likes the attention and is a very intelligent kid who takes full advantage of it. His father being an NBA agent could lead to ties to certain universities and I don't get the impression St. John's would be one of them.

I could be totally wrong with Rawle but I just think he hangs around for a UK offer.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

QuanMan

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2016, 11:54:56 PM »
Heard he had a very underwhelming performance as Stepinac took a fat loss @Fordham Prep last Friday night. He was suspended for the first half for tardiness, then was quickly pulled after he heaved his first shot in the 3Q. 
Section 3
Section 116

paultzman

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2016, 01:19:33 PM »
Matt & Mullin watching him tonight.

« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2016, 08:37:29 PM »
Greg Thompson ‏@gregthompson27 41 minutes ago
For the #SJUBB crowd, Mullin still here. Has offered Step's Jordan Tucker/Aundre Hyatt. Believe Hayes' Joe Toussaint could peak his interest

« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2016, 08:38:06 PM »

paultzman

« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2016, 09:22:47 PM »

« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2016, 10:10:05 PM »
Went to CHSAA semi finals at Mount tonight. JT is very talented but is also a selfish primadonna.

Wods317

« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2016, 10:38:36 PM »
Went to CHSAA semi finals at Mount tonight. JT is very talented but is also a selfish primadonna.

Wow that's quite a insult to levy at this kid. I hope your basing that off more then seeing him just once. What makes you say that?

« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2016, 11:19:43 PM »
Everything about the way he played. Gave about 60% or less effort on defense and took some terrible selfish shots on offense. Also, one thing I found interesting is that Stepinac is a UA school and all of the players wore UA sneakers except JT who wore Nikes.

Poison

« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2016, 02:26:39 AM »
Everything about the way he played. Gave about 60% or less effort on defense and took some terrible selfish shots on offense. Also, one thing I found interesting is that Stepinac is a UA school and all of the players wore UA sneakers except JT who wore Nikes.

If he's not wearing UA, that's a deal breaker. You gotta draw the line somewhere. I want to see Mullin build this program, but if there's one thing that matters above all else, it's the logo on their sneakers.

« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2016, 09:44:04 AM »
That's obviously not my point and you know exactly what I'm inferring

paultzman

« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2016, 06:10:59 PM »
Mullin, according to Andrew Slater, will see Tucker & teammate Audre Hyatt tonight.

« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2016, 06:33:03 PM »
Villonova is going to be there to can any really expect them beat out Jay wright if they really want him

Also I think Andre Rufus is a better prospect also

Paultzman do you agree and who do you think we have a better chance with

paultzman

« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2016, 09:22:53 AM »
Per Zagoria;
Syracuse, St. John's and Indiana have reached out this week to Jordan Tucker's coach.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:26:06 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2016, 11:15:08 PM »
Ari
‏@realA_rosenfeld
Tucker also lists Arizona, USC, St. John's, 'Nova, Oklahoma, and Indiana as those coming after him hardest, and says UNC is "about to offer"

Ari ‏@realA_rosenfeld
2017 NY Rens wing Jordan Tucker tells me he'll hopefully be making a visit to Syracuse later this month with AAU teammate Hamidou Diallo

paultzman

« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2016, 04:20:06 PM »
FYI, Tucker is visiting Indiana soon.