Mohamed Bamba, C/Pf, Pa.

• 42 replies

paultzman

Mohamed Bamba, C/Pf, Pa.
« on: June 06, 2015, 07:18:14 PM »
@AdamZagoria: "Chris Mullin told Mohamed [Bamba] he's going to be their No. 1 priority in the 2017 class." Terrance "Munch" Williams

paultzman

Re: Mohamed Bamba, C/Pf, Pa.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 07:20:22 PM »
@AdamZagoria: 6-11 2017 PSA Cardinals big man Mohamed Bamba picked up offers from St. John's and Indiana today, his program director tells @SNYtv

paultzman

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 07:29:47 PM »
@AdamZagoria: St. John’s, Indiana Latest to Offer 6-11 2017 Mohamed Bamba http://t.co/NIHU0qxCZp via @adamzagoria

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 04:44:53 PM »
@AdamZagoria: 6-10 2017 @psacardinals big man Mohamed Bamba has interest from Duke but no offer, Terrance 'Munch' Williams tells @SNYtv

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 11:38:17 PM »
Bamba mentions St. John's/Mullin has made him a "priority" around the 2:05 mark.  He seems to speak with maturity.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1557435-nbpa-top-100-mohamed-bamba
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:39:57 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 02:44:49 AM »
Love this kid. Got a freaky frame and very intelligent. His future is extremely bright.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 08:40:57 AM »
@AdamZagoria: Kentucky's Tony Barbee & St. John's Chris Mullin were among those watching 6-11 2017 Mohamed Bamba at yesterday's PSA/City Rocks Combine

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 08:45:49 PM »
Before Chris Mullin was announced as the new head coach for the Red Storm, Bamba admitted that St. John's never entered his mind. He said he had never heard from Steve Lavin or anyone from the Red Storm prior coaching staff, but that changed on day one of Mullin's hiring when he said the new staff reached out.

"I heard from them, and Coach Mullin told me a lot of things," Bamba said after a dominant weekend up in Springfield, Massachusetts. "He is a legend of this game so he is someone who you absolutely respect and the main thing he said was that I was going to be his #1 priority and that he hopes I stay at home."

His first St. John's experience was going up to the visit that Mullin and the new coaching staff had in hosting a number of prospects up at the school in early June. It was Bamba's first visit to the campus, and even though he admits that he didn't watch much college basketball when he was younger so he didn't get to see them during some of their stronger years, the trip to Queens that he took definitely did make an impression on him.

"It did do something for me," Bamba said of the visit to St. John's. "Coach Mullin introduced himself to me and we got to talk some basketball. I could tell he knew a lot about me and my game. It was a great experience and a good visit.

"Ever since that moment St. John's has been a constant on the trail of Bamba. Wherever Bamba has played so far during this July Live Period, Mullin and his assistants have been there as well. Once again this past weekend in Massachusetts during a workout that the PSA Cardinals hosted with Albany City Rocks, there was Mullin at center court in the stands keeping a close eye on the recruit he covets so much.

While Bamba says that he doesn't always focus on who is watching him play, even noting that he does sometimes need a reminder that the coaches are watching because he is so focused on performing and doing his thing on the court, he is aware that Mullin has been following him around, and says that it does mean a lot to him.

"It shows me that St. John's is very interested in me and I very much appreciate that," Bamba stated.

https://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1784642

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 11:30:56 PM »
Even if he watched he is too young to have seen SJU "in their stronger years".  :(

Tha Kid

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 09:05:31 AM »
Even if he watched he is too young to have seen SJU "in their stronger years".  :(

I was about to respond saying no no arrest and Barkley and bootsy!  Then I realized these recruits were barely born for that.  Scary.
"I drink and I know things"

paultzman

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 07:06:22 PM »
@courtcred: Mohammed Bamba is showing his skill on the glass, above the rim, and defensively for @PSACardinals. Coaches feel he's best prospect here.

@JonRothstein: Mohammed Bamba is a FREAK athlete. 2017 big man has ridiculous length. Eats everything on the glass. Hakim Warrick type body, but longer?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 07:14:10 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 01:20:45 AM »
http://zagsblog.com/articles/mohammed-bamba-finds-kentucky-appealing-wants-offer-from-duke/#more-137838

Kentucky and Duke have a monopoly on the collegiate game.
Sad but true. Not many of these kids are independent thinkers. They could be one and done at tons of schools and even get to showcase their skills more if they spread themselves around more.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:23:34 AM by Celtics11 »

Wods317

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 12:17:39 PM »
http://zagsblog.com/articles/mohammed-bamba-finds-kentucky-appealing-wants-offer-from-duke/#more-137838

Kentucky and Duke have a monopoly on the collegiate game.
Not many of these kids are independent thinkers.

^^^^
This!

Very accurate. Me and my friends always say if you are a top player why would you not go to Providence or St John's or a similar school. If you have a good career at these schools you become a legend who people talk about for years and years. At KU, UK, Duke etc you are just another guy. I guess being a little older then these guys you can see the plus side of being your own man and not just following trends but that is what we have these days.